News:

• May 03, 2024, 05:49:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Best modern profile for PA  (Read 10099 times)

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Best modern profile for PA
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2014, 03:24:58 PM »
The pop ups on this site are doing me in.   This will be the fourth time I have tried to post a response.

John, I don't get pop-ups on Stunthanger at all.  Are you sure your confuser hasn't acquired some malware or a virus?  It might be time to take it to the local repair shop and have it cleaned, if you're not of the computer-cleaning inclination yourself.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »
Hi Doc,
You can spring for a Anit-malware program called "Spyhunter" and that will stop all that nonsense. 
Most of that crap comes in through Java or one of the similar programs.

I've been using Spyhunter for over a year and find it to be very good at stopping all that crap and periodically "cleaning" the entire computer.  I pay $59 a year for it and that allows three computers to use it.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »
   You can get the plans for the Twin Pathefinder from the guy that designed the plane with Gordon, and that is John Miller. He frequents the design and cad forums for the most part. Smart guy, good guy, great model builder. It was designed from the ground up as a stand alone model, but shares some components withe the Pathfinder, and I think he mentions in the article that you could start with a kit for certain parts. The wing is 700 square inches I think, much bigger that a standard Pathfinder.

Dan,
The twin Pathfinder was built off the Profile Pathfinder. It only has 640 Sq. inches. Not 700. I scratch built mine so I could keep the weight down. The stab was made from 3/8 instead of 1/2 Balsa. The elevator was narrowed 1/2 also. Both airplanes had the same wing though. My weight was 48 oz. John built his from a kit and his was 52 oz. Fp .15teens. Hope this info helps.

Gordy

Offline Jim Damerell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
JD foam wings is again producing Prowler and Prowler Derivative Profile kits. The Prowler was an excellent flying airplane originally produced by Aerosmith, designed by Bob Hunt and Scott Smith. The kits I saw were excellent, with great wood and foam wings included. Contact John Duncan (JD foam wings in the vendor section) for price and availability.

Offline Horby

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »
Where can one see what a prowler looks like?

Cheers,
Warren

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »
Do a search.   I am too lazy to post all the other posts that have pictures and also a video is in the listing.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
Where can one see what a prowler looks like?

Cheers,
Warren
Here is my Prowler......
Shug

[/url]

In Flight
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:36:27 PM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2014, 07:06:17 PM »
Dan,
The twin Pathfinder is built from a Pathfinder profile. It has the same wing which is only 640Sq. inches. Same stab but 3/8 thick instead of 1/2 inch. and the elevator is a 1/2 less cord. Also a 1 inch shorter moment.

Hope this helps.
Gordy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here