News:

• May 03, 2024, 03:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ballooon bust - Turkey Shoot 2021 contest video  (Read 442 times)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Ballooon bust - Turkey Shoot 2021 contest video
« on: February 05, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
This video of the Balloon bust portion of the Lafayette Esquadrille CL club contest. It's done under club rules and is our last contest of the year

Next Turkey Shoot is Oct 9, 2022

Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
Re: Ballooon bust - Turkey Shoot 2021 contest video
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 10:26:51 AM »
What a wonderful way to showcase y'all's event.  I love the spinner idea, that is quite unique!!  I really like what I see although I don't know if I can be there, I want to wish y'all the best going forward.

Jim Carter

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 11:08:26 AM »
What a wonderful way to showcase y'all's event.  I love the spinner idea, that is quite unique!!  I really like what I see although I don't know if I can be there, I want to wish y'all the best going forward.

Jim Carter

The Balloon Bust fixture may look familiar to some of you old timer west coast guys. That is the fixture that the late, great Jason Pearson and his Dad, Joe, built for WAM contests back in the day. The neatest part of it is that there is an air pump, and it's a double action pump! In other words, it puts out pressure in both directions of the handle, both up and down. That is an important feature for a bunch of old farts like us!. Joe, and Jason also, are a pair of very smart and crafty modelers! Unfortunately we lost Jason in an ultralight crash several years ago now. Joe, his wife , and Jason's wife some up every now and them for some of our events. Always great to see them.
  Type at you later,
   Dan  McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 11:09:05 AM »
That brings back memories.  The Sky Devils used to do similar events.  We used the F2C circle marking to pace the balloons with one marker left vacant for starting engines.  Broke balloons in reverse order,  last balloon in line is to be broken first. It was a lot of fun. D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here