News:

• June 16, 2024, 10:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: They said "Just register, it's just for information purposes..."  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
They said "Just register, it's just for information purposes..."

Yeah uh huh, the death of the industry is at hand....

It's all in the name of safety.  They will inch away our freedoms in the name of safety until we dont have any left, and we still wont be safe.

Copied from a PDF so there are a few crazy numbers stuck in there.

20 SEC. 2124. SAFETY STANDARDS.

21 (a) IN GENERAL.—Chapter 448, as amended by sec-21 tion 2122 of this Act, is further amended by inserting 22 after section 44802 the following:

‘‘SEC. 44803. AIRCRAFT SAFETY STANDARDS. 1 ‘‘(a) CONSENSUS AIRCRAFT SAFETY STANDARDS.— 2 Not later than 60 days after the date of enactment of the 3 Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization Act of 4 2016, the Director of the National Institute of Standards 5 and Technology and the Administrator of the Federal 6 Aviation Administration, in consultation with government 7 and industry stakeholders and appropriate standards-set-8 ting organizations, shall initiate a collaborative process to 9 develop risk-based, consensus industry airworthiness 10 standards related to the safe integration of small un-11 manned aircraft systems into the national airspace sys-12 tem. 13 ‘‘(b) CONSIDERATIONS.—In developing the consensus 14 aircraft safety standards, the Director and Administrator 15 shall consider the following: 16 ‘‘(1) Technologies or standards related to geo-17 graphic limitations, altitude limitations, and sense 18 and avoid capabilities. 19 ‘‘(2) Using performance-based standards. 20 ‘‘(3) Predetermined action to maintain safety in 21 the event that a communications link between a 22 small unmanned aircraft and its operator is lost or 23 compromised.

‘‘(4) Detectability and identifiability to pilots, 1 the Federal Aviation Administration, and air traffic 2 controllers, as appropriate. 3 ‘‘(5) Means to prevent tampering with or modi-4 fication of any system, limitation, or other safety 5 mechanism or standard under this section or any 6 other provision of law, including a means to identify 7 any tampering or modification that has been made. 8 ‘‘(6) Remote identification capability standards 9 under section 2105. 10 ‘‘(7) How to update or modify a small un-11 manned aircraft system that was commercially dis-12 tributed prior to the development of the standards 13 so that, to the greatest extent practicable, such sys-14 tems meet the standards. 15 ‘‘(8) Any technology or standard related to 16 small unmanned aircraft systems that promotes 17 aviation safety. 18 ‘‘(c) CONSULTATION.—In developing the consensus 19 industry standards under subsection (a), the Director and 20 Administrator shall consult with— 21 ‘‘(1) the Administrator of the National Aero-22 nautics and Space Administration; 23 ‘‘(2) the President of RTCA, Inc.; 24 ‘‘(3) the Secretary of Defense;

‘‘(4) each operator of a test site under section 1 44802; 2 ‘‘(5) the Center of Excellence for Unmanned 3 Aircraft Systems; 4 ‘‘(6) unmanned aircraft systems stakeholders; 5 and 6 ‘‘(7) community-based aviation organizations. 7 ‘‘(d) FAA APPROVAL.—Not later than 1 year after 8 the date of enactment of the Federal Aviation Administra-9 tion Reauthorization Act of 2016, the Administrator of the 10 Federal Aviation Administration shall establish a process 11 for the approval of small unmanned aircraft systems make 12 and models based upon safety standards developed under 13 subsection (a). The consensus safety standards developed 14 under subsection (a) shall allow the Administrator to ap-15 prove small unmanned aircraft systems for operation with-16 in the national airspace system without requiring the type 17 certification process in parts 21 and 23 of the Code of 18 Federal Regulations. 19 ‘‘(e) ELIGIBILITY.—The standards for approval of 20 small unmanned aircraft systems developed under this sec-21 tion shall set eligibility requirements for an airworthiness 22 approval of a small unmanned aircraft system which shall 23 include the following:

‘‘(1) An applicant must provide the FAA 1 with— 2 ‘‘(A) the aircraft’s operating instructions; 3 and 4 ‘‘(B) the manufacturer’s statement of com-5 pliance as described in paragraph (e) of this 6 section. 7 ‘‘(2) A sample aircraft must be inspected by the 8 Federal Aviation Administration and found to be in 9 a condition for safe operation and in compliance 10 with the standards required by the Administrator in 11 subsection (d). 12 ‘‘(f) MANUFACTURER’S STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE 13 FOR SMALL UAS.—The manufacturer’s statement of com-14 pliance required in subsection (e)(1)(B) shall— 15 ‘‘(1) identify the aircraft make and model, and 16 consensus standard used; 17 ‘‘(2) state that the aircraft make and model 18 meets the provisions of the identified consensus 19 standard; 20 ‘‘(3) state that the aircraft make and model 21 conforms to the manufacturer’s design data, using 22 the manufacturer’s quality assurance system that 23 meets the identified consensus standard adopted by 24 the Administrator in subsection (d), and is manufac-

tured in way that ensures consistency in the produc-1 tion process so that every unit produced meets the 2 applicable standards; 3 ‘‘(4) state that the manufacturer will make 4 available to any interested person— 5 ‘‘(A) the aircraft’s operating instructions, 6 that meet the identified consensus standard; 7 and 8 ‘‘(B) the aircraft’s maintenance and in-9 spection procedures, that meet the identified 10 consensus standard; 11 ‘‘(5) state that the manufacturer will monitor 12 and correct safety-of-flight issues through a contin-13 ued airworthiness system that meets the identified 14 consensus standard; 15 ‘‘(6) state that at the request of the Adminis-16 tration, the manufacturer will provide access by the 17 Administration to its facilities; and 18 ‘‘(7) state that the manufacturer, in accordance 19 with a production acceptance test procedure that 20 meets an applicable consensus standard has— 21 ‘‘(A) ground and flight tested random sam-22 ples of the aircraft; 23 ‘‘(B) found the sample aircraft perform-24 ance acceptable; and 25

‘‘(C) determined that the make and model 1 of aircraft is suitable for safe operation. 2 ‘‘(g) PROHIBITION.—It shall be unlawful for any person to introduce or deliver for introduction into interstate 4 commerce any unmanned aircraft manufactured on or 5 after the date that the Administrator adopts a relevant 6 consensus standard under this section, unless the manufacturer has received approval under subsection (d) for 8 each make and model.’’

Here is a breakdown of it...read it, basically every UAS sold will HAVE TO BE ARF PERIOD!  They are DAMN morons, its the arf stuff that is the issue, not the SKILL stuff that people actually build...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1459803/Section%202124%20-%20Industry%20Jeopardy.pdf
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: They said "Just register, it's just for information purposes..."
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
The monkeys are lose in the zoo again. I can see this completely ruining model aviation as we know it. We could take up tether cars and boats, but they would figure out away to screw that up too.
Jim Kraft

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
The monkeys are lose in the zoo again. I can see this completely ruining model aviation as we know it. We could take up tether cars and boats, but they would figure out away to screw that up too.

Come on guys, support the ARTICLE V CONVENTION OF STATES PROJECT.  We can get control of the runaway outlaw national government, but it takes you to get informed, get involved and engaged.....otherwise, we are going to lose a whole lot more that our control line airplanes.  Big brother in already integrated into your life to an extreme extent.  Please click on the site below and check out the ARTICLE V, CONVENTION OF STATES PROJECT which is moving forward in almost efery state across this country.l    D>K

http://www.conventionofstates.com/levin/?recruiter_id=1390152

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
AMA 12366

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 07:24:13 AM »
What the hell!!!!!???  Where did you see that Doug?  was it in CFR?
Steve

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
You guys are going to get ulcers worrying about this crap. VD~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
You guys are going to get ulcers worrying about this crap. VD~

I have a big problem trivializing a plan that appears to be headed towards making our entire, completely benign, hobby a federal crime. You can call it "crap" all you want. I take the idea that we will either stop doing it or commit felonies by continuing very seriously.

Brett

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »
It looks to me like we either sign up, comply with FAA inspections, or we are committing a crime as you say. I am not going to sign up. I also will not fly again for at least a year or until this law is abolished. If it does not go away which I do not think it will, then I will find another hobby.

Although I have been in it in one form or another since I was about 7 years old, it is just not worth it this late in life to become more controlled by big brother. I have some great memories of years past that no one can take from me, and have made many friends along the way.

For the younger guys, you will have to make the choice by your own convictions.
Jim Kraft

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 12:27:36 PM »
I have a big problem trivializing a plan that appears to be headed towards making our entire, completely benign, hobby a federal crime. You can call it "crap" all you want. I take the idea that we will either stop doing it or commit felonies by continuing very seriously.

Brett

D>K      Doesn't the fact that HILLARY CLINTON can do all the crap she has done over the last 25 years (violations of Federal law too numerous to mention) and be out walking the streets (even running for President of the United States) and if you go out a fly your control line airplane (in my case a SIG AKROMASTER/FOX .15 slanthead), are subject to a $250,000 fine and who knows how many years in a Federal Prison.  DOESN'T THAT STRIKE YOU AS SOMEHOW WRONG IN AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE.  I think there is something wrong here.  This isn't Cuba or North Korea........or is it ?  CHECK OUT THIS SITE FOR ANSWERS FOR THE SITUATION THAT WE FACE AT THIS SITE:

http://www.conventionofstates.com/

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »
     LIVE LINK:                                  http://www.conventionofstates.com/

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 12:45:15 PM »
             D>K      Doesn't the fact that HILLARY CLINTON can do all the crap she has done over the last 25 years (violations of Federal law too numerous to mention) and be out walking the streets (even running for President of the United States) and if you go out a fly your control line airplane (in my case a SIG AKROMASTER/FOX .15 slanthead), are subject to a $250,000 fine and who knows how many years in a Federal Prison.  DOESN'T THAT STRIKE YOU AS SOMEHOW WRONG IN AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE.

Yes, I do. Why are you yelling at me about it? I agree with you.

Brett

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 01:13:39 PM »

Yes, I do. Why are you yelling at me about it? I agree with you.

Brett

Sorry, no offense intended.  The whole thing is just so frustrating to us common folk who have no recourse to these outrages against our rights and freedoms that we have come to believe the United States Constitution guarantees to us.     D>K     H^^

Offline Jason Greer

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »
Man, that's wild.  Even the FAA is against BOM! 

Seriously though, this is just a proposal right?  I did find this site that provides some sample text to voice your opposition to this thing: 
http://action.uavus.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=17902
El Dorado, AR
AMA 518858

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »
I'm not sure that I understand the concern.  As I read it, it appears to require unmanned aircraft flying in the National Airspace System (NAS) to pass the same airworthiness requirements that manned aircraft do.  Control Line airplanes do not fly in the NAS.

Steve.
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 03:26:15 PM »
According to the 'new rules' if it's an inch off the grass its in the NAS.  That's how they hope to deal with the drone peeping Tom issue and low level commercial use of the drones.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
No problem, guys.  We only need to get a type certificate for a Nobler.  We can STC all the little mods.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 04:18:38 PM »
Welcome to the AMA Nationals. First up in stunt is Wings Whiplash with His certified Nobler with its certified electric motor and certified battery all built by Government certified Nobler manufacturing plants. Contestants are able to put one 1/4" stripe the color of their choosing along with their FAA number on the plane for identification purposes. We are just amazed at the inovation of how and where these stripes are used to best effect.

Oh! Oh! Wings has just crashed and there will be shut down while there is an FAA investigation at the crash site. This could take hours, days, or weeks. We should see the CEO here of the manufacturing plant soon.

OK, I am just having fun, "I hope."
Jim Kraft

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 08:40:58 AM »
Having done a little research into this tempest in a teapot, I see no reference in any of the material provided that over-rules section Sec. 2129, Special rules for model aircraft.

In other words, it doesn't apply, as far as I can tell, to model aviation.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »
No problem, guys.  We only need to get a type certificate for a Nobler.  We can STC all the little mods.

I will just pull a experimental number or limited. 

Just keep the punch tester away from my silkspan......

Seriously though, if I can build an RV4 in my garage, I'll still be able to build a ringmaster......

I don't approve but see the desire to have some level of over site on manufactures
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 04:44:42 PM »
Welcome to the AMA Nationals. First up in stunt is Wings Whiplash with His certified Nobler with its certified electric motor and certified battery all built by Government certified Nobler manufacturing plants. Contestants are able to put one 1/4" stripe the color of their choosing along with their FAA number on the plane for identification purposes. We are just amazed at the inovation of how and where these stripes are used to best effect.

Oh! Oh! Wings has just crashed and there will be shut down while there is an FAA investigation at the crash site. This could take hours, days, or weeks. We should see the CEO here of the manufacturing plant soon.

OK, I am just having fun, "I hope."

We hope so too, Jim.    y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here