News:

• May 04, 2024, 05:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tom Dixon Credit Card Sales  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Tom Dixon Credit Card Sales
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:58:36 PM »
Effective Saturday, June 1st, 2019, Tom Dixon will no longer be accepting credit cards for payment.  Tom has been experiencing problems with the credit card processing company and it simply has not been worth the trouble.

Tom will continue to accept checks and money orders for payment for all future purchases.

Thanks
JCAT

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tom Dixon Credit Card Sales
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »
I have had good luck with PayPal.  It is pricey but hassle free.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
I've been trying to get on Tom Dixon's site for plans. All I get is the home page that tells what he sells. There are no links to the plans or anything else.
Bill P.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »
I've been trying to get on Tom Dixon's site for plans. All I get is the home page that tells what he sells. There are no links to the plans or anything else.

Yup, that's how Tom likes to do business, and I suspect even having a website irritates his anti-cyber inclinations. So, figure out what you want, then write snail mail and send cash, check or money order. Yeah, like in the old days of ordering from AHC.  #^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
The several deals I did with Tom are by PHONE and credit card.....
I suspect the credit card problem may be his provider is starting to fully comply with all the various rebate  and points schemes.... 100% passed on to the SELLER.....

Example....typical Visa or Master card is a 3% fee to the seller/store/supplier.....BUT now the various cards can have 1~3% cash back or some air travel mileage scheme..... Visa and MC used to eat that come on and be a member cost....but they found a way to stick the extra % to the seller.....thus a simple transaction fee of 3% historically can now be up to 5% or more with some cards....

This is a big deal and has been reported by Fox Business News a few times

I have a Contractor buddy with one of those cell phone square dongle swipe a CC deals..... sent it back and now does business via PayPal as cheaper  (not by much)
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Is VENMO an option? I have used it to send payments to friends and family members  and have not had any issues.
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 11:45:59 AM »
I've purchased several times over the phone from Mr. Dixon and understand the drill. The only difference now is I can't shop his web site first to make selections and know prices. I'm not likely to call any business every time I want to know if they sell a product I want...sometimes I don't even know I want to buy something until seeing it.
Bill P.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 02:55:50 PM »
     Bill, You are right-None of his store site will open. It was okay 2-3 weeks ago! I'll check with Tom by phone- I need to order a few plans and a kit.
        Doug

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
     Bill, You are right-None of his store site will open. It was okay 2-3 weeks ago! I'll check with Tom by phone- I need to order a few plans and a kit.
        Doug

That Tripod host site has always been quirky so maybe the host is causing an error. I went to the Tripod help link  and Bitdefender blocked it.
Bill P.

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 04:43:38 PM »

Yep I'm with Tom, the Interweb thing is just a fad . . . .

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 07:59:19 PM »
Yep I'm with Tom, the Interweb thing is just a fad . . . .

Well sure, but what do you expect when it was invented by that flakey Al Gore dude?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 07:07:37 AM »
     I talked with Tom last night and the rest of the story is that he has had his Tripod website taken down except for the front page which has his contact info. which is as follows - CONTROL LINE SALES LLC
                                     315 SANTA ANITA AVE.
                                     WOODSTOCK, GA 30189

PH (770) 592 - 3279 - CALL BETWEEN 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
     Tom still has his full service business, including plans. He can send his plans list upon request. I believe this was mentioned a good while back on the forum, but I could not find it again when Bill brought the problem up??
                    Doug 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:02:05 AM by Joseph Patterson »

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 07:07:57 AM »
it was invented by that flakey Al Gore dude?

Who? Never heard of him.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here