News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lafayette Esquadrille - Buder Park - CL contests for 2018 Calendar  (Read 970 times)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Hello everyone,

We had our planning meeting a few days ago and like to announce our lineup of CL contests for Buder Park in 2018. It is going to be busy so I hope you have some airplanes ready. The flying site has been paved, cracks filled and sealed...it is Looking great!

Feb 25            Ice-O-Lated                                    CL Stunt, Fox 35 and Perky Speed
May 19-10      Speed Contest                                 All speed events including Fox 35 and Perky
June ??           Carrier Contest                                This is in the planning Stages, the date has not been confirmed yet
Sept 15-16      Broken Arrow CL Stunt & Scale         All CL stunt events and Scale - We have added Fun Scale
Sept 27-30      F2A World Cup CL Speed                  F2A Speed World Cup CL speed contest. We had 9 pilots in 2017
Oct 14            Old Time Contest                             Stunt events, Perky and Fox 35 Speed
Nov 18            Turkey Shoot                                  One Airplane in 3 events  - Fast/Slow, Balloon bust and Scramble

Come check out Buder Park and the line-up of events that we have planned for 2018

Join the club and come visit us at the club picnic on April 22

Fred Cronenwett
Lafayette Esquadrille CL Club

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/contact-us/membership-and-control-line-flight-training/

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:52:31 PM by Fred Cronenwett »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Lafayette Esquadrille - Buder Park - CL contests for 2018 Calendar
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
CL Stunt in the Ice-O-Lated contest is fox 35 power only or can I fly my Strega?

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:12:11 PM »
CL Stunt in the Ice-O-Lated contest is fox 35 power only or can I fly my Strega?

Hi Jared;
     CL Stunt will be the four PAMPA classes. We usually fly P-40 Profile also. I wasn't able to attend the meeting due to nursing a wicked cold/virus but maybe Fred will know for sure if that was included. The Ice-O-Lated is really a just for fun contest and really should be called "The Weather Crap Shoot Contest!" We just put it on to try and get guys out of the house to cure a little cabin fever during the long winter months if the weather cooperates a little with us. We have had everything from sunny skies and T-shirt weather watching bald eagles soaring overhead to several inches of snow on the circles and the park department closing the park on us! In the week leading up to the contest I try to post weather updates and caution anyone thinking of coming to pay attention to the weather and plan accordingly. Sometimes we have a great turnout if the weather is acceptable, and sometimes no one shows up due to weather, and that's perfectly OK.  There is no good reason to put one's health and welfare in jeopardy just to fly toy airplanes! Especially guys like yourself that would be traveling a great distance.
    Thank you for your support of our contests in the past,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 04:31:15 AM »
We will have all of the traditional stunt events and the Strega can have any engine you like.

The Fox 35 Speed event is restricted to the Fox 35 Stunt engine, any model. You have to have .016 solids but if you don't have a set of solids we can provide that for you at the contest. So bring your ringmaster or anything that has a Fox 35 Stunt on it and fly 14 level laps and see how fast you can go, 9-6 APC props work great with the engine for this event.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
Even if the weather is cold like last year(only 2017 contest I made it to), you dress for it.   I was only Advance entry and you could tell I had no practice with the Ringmaster Imperial.   If I make it again it will be different as I now have a handle that tamed it down.  Same handle on the King Sweep.  Just may fly the B-25 for grins. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
John -  all of the circles have been fixed up, they are really smooth, so if you bounce a landing we can't blame the pavement any more! It would be good to see you again. Let's hope for good weather.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:55:17 AM »
Ill keep tabs on the weather, may come down!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here