News:

• April 28, 2024, 10:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Light Balsawood sellers  (Read 759 times)

Online Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
Light Balsawood sellers
« on: December 04, 2023, 09:30:42 AM »
        I searched the site but was no able to find a light balsawood seller. I used to buy from Tom Morris. I need to know who are you guys going for lightweight balsa. Your help will be appreciated.thanks.
                                                                                                                              Juan

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Light Balsawood sellers
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 10:11:22 AM »
I’ve been doing pretty well with Balsa USA recently.  You have to pick “hand select soft”.  Most of it has been 5-6 lb.  Close your eyes and just hit the ‘pay’ button.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Marty Hammersmith

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »
I like National Balsa. I use their standard wood. Im not competing so it works fine for me. If you pay the extra for their Aero Light you will get what they claim. Its going to run from super light to 7lbs. I watched Sparky's review on National Balsa and he complained a lot about his purchase as he weighed each sheet but in the end, they promised under 7lb wood and that's what he got from what I recall. I get his point that he was hoping for 4lb wood but that's not what they advertised.

I am amazed we can get balsa wood at all for environmental and social reasons. There are some great videos on YouTube that show the harvesting and production of balsa in New Guinea. I appreciate every piece I have in hand.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:11:32 AM by Marty Hammersmith »
Marty Hammersmith
AMA 6568

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 11:45:21 AM »
        I searched the site but was no able to find a light balsawood seller. I used to buy from Tom Morris. I need to know who are you guys going for lightweight balsa. Your help will be appreciated.thanks.
                                                                                                                              Juan

BYU. Eliott has great Balsa wood in the 5-6 lb category. 

Cheers, Jerry

Online Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 01:51:51 PM »
BYU. Eliott has great Balsa wood in the 5-6 lb category. 

Cheers, Jerry

Hello Gerald
                             BYU?   I don`t know the place or site can you provide more info please? Thanks.
                                                                                                                                     Juan

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 04:04:02 PM »
Hello Gerald
                                                                                                                                     Juan

Juan, That's "Bobs your uncle" .

Jerry

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 04:05:09 PM »
Hello Gerald
                                                                                                                                     Juan

Member “BYU” here on SH:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/profile/?u=1363

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 04:07:00 PM »

Member “BYU” here on SH:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/profile/?u=1363

That's what I was looking for! Thanks Paul.

Jerry

Online Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2023, 06:24:28 PM »
 Thanks guys, I sent a PM to Bob about the balsawood.
                                                                                                                       Juan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here