News:

• May 24, 2024, 06:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are .015 stranded lines good for OS46LA flying, been using .018 but shows sag.  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Cliff Henke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
I have been using .018 stranded lines for about a year but I had been using a set of .015's prior to using the .018. 

Think I read somewhere else that .018 was the size that I needed to change to but now I hear a lot of talk about folks still using .015's still.

Nothing wrong with the roll of the roll of .015. Just sitting in the flight box.

With the .018 lines at 10,000 rpms, it shows noticeably little more sag than the .015's and the .015's had some sag the last 1/5 length of line if I remember right ?

I'm not worried about passing a tournament test but I do want to fly safe, just lite ? Any advice would be appreciated, Cliff
Wasting away the moments that make up a dull day...................

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
AMA rules goes by the weight of your model.

How long are your .018s?
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
If you are flying in CL Precision Aerobatics competion, the rules for stranded lines require .015 lines on models from 40 to 64 oz.  .018 stranded lines are required for models from 64 to 90 oz.

KT

Offline Cliff Henke

• Lieutenant
The Brodak 38 Special weights 42 oz. and the Sig Twister weights 40 oz. This is with no fuel.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
.015" lines are fine.  If you use the .018" lines, move the leadout guides at the wingtip back a little.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
This reminds of when I went with .012 lines on the ARF Flite Streak, just because I could.   Went back to .015 for better control, or seemed I had better control.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Weight of lines is significantly different when going from one size to another. I like light as I can use. 7 strand may stretch less than 15 strand. I think.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
I did some stretch tests.  The seven-strand .015" I tried was about the same stiffness as the 19-strand Tom Morris line.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Cliff Henke

• Lieutenant
Sorry Paul, the lines are 61' long. Not including the handle lead-outs or the inboard wing lead-outs.  Cliff

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here