News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sonic Tronics/McDaniel Sale  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sonic Tronics/McDaniel Sale
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:01:29 AM »
   Sonic Tronics is having their sale again this year. 30% off their entire website, including Glow Devil glow plugs. If you are having plug issues, these as some of the best on the market. I use, and I think most stunt guys that use these, their R/C long with idle bar for all stunt applications. The idle bar give carbon and other junk some place to attach to other than the element. I have had these last for years in some engines and I don't think I have ever had one go bad on me. I usually wind up giving most of mine away for other people to try!. The link is :

www.sonictronics.com

Use promo coupon code  "Turkey2018"  for an additional 10% off. That is like buying wholesale folks! They also sell McDaniel glow igniter stuff and many other good products, so now is the time to stock up!
  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! And now it's on to Merry Christmas!!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sonic Tronics/McDaniel Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »
Thanks for that heads up on this sale. They are local for me so Monday I'll get over there and buy some plugs Cheers,Skip

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »
Great sale,  Thanks Dan!
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:53:00 PM »
I went over there today and bought a dozen glo plugs . They said if you guys contact them and say you saw it on Stunthanger they continue the sale a few more days.....tell them Skip sent you.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 06:03:15 PM »
   Looks like Skip put the bug in their ear about Stunthanger!! If you haven't tried these and have had issues with other plugs, no excuse to not try these. It's like buying whole sale!! Get as many as you can afford and be set for the coming up flying season. It will be here before you know it!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:02:26 PM »
Got me some too!

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:58 PM »
I went over there today and bought a dozen glo plugs . They said if you guys contact them and say you saw it on Stunthanger they continue the sale a few more days.....tell them Skip sent you.

I'm going to tell them Sparky sent me!  Throw Bob's name around and it apparently gets some action...

Brett

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »
Many Thanks for this heads UP! I ordered some stuff and think I got the special Turkey Price as well!

This will be the first time I have ever run any Glo Bee plugs!

Phil spillman
Phil Spillman

Online Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
I got another glow driver....can't pass it up for $21

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »
 I bought a dozen last year and tried one in my Tower 40. I have my Tower 40 set up runninng a nice 4 2 4 break (it’s been retimed), so I pulled out a Sig idle bar and installed a Glow Devil idle bar. Soon as I pulled off the battery the engine slowed down and ran real rich stumbling. I went back to the Sig and the engine ran fine. I hope you guys have better luck.
Al

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 04:43:54 AM »
Looks like we have a difference of opinion here on how good the Glo Bee plugs are.....Let's all try them and report back. Anyway, the sale is still on. Cheers,Skip

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 04:54:55 AM »
I have use McDaniel's glow drivers for a long time. They have a policy of replacement at 50% retail if returned to them. I usually mark mine with the date that I placed them into service and return them every three years. Seems to keep them "fresh" at a minimum price. Good people at SONIC! 

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »
I bought a dozen last year and tried one in my Tower 40. I have my Tower 40 set up runninng a nice 4 2 4 break (it’s been retimed), so I pulled out a Sig idle bar and installed a Glow Devil idle bar. Soon as I pulled off the battery the engine slowed down and ran real rich stumbling. I went back to the Sig and the engine ran fine. I hope you guys have better luck.
Al

Did you at least try another one? When purchasing multiples of anything it's always possible to get a bad one. I have been using Glow Devil R/C Longs (NOT Glow Bee and some have typed, but Glow DEVIL!) since I first started running ST.51' back in 1994, and maybe longer than that.  I don't ever recall having problems with any. I have probably given away as many as I have used just to get people to try them.  SIG does make a good plug also and I do have a few of those in my flight box. I just don't know who makes them for SIG these days, Thunderbolt plugs are available again and I think there was a thread to that effect on the list here. Lots of choices and I like to keep some of each on hand because some times you run into an engine where they like one kind of plug. But for quite a long time, I have stuck by Glow Devils.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here