News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone flying in the central Texas area?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Mike Mulligan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
    • Mulligan Racing Development
Anyone flying in the central Texas area?
« on: September 18, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »
Hi guys,

It has been a few years since I've had a chance to fly owing to a move, new job, settling in etc., but I would love to get back at it! Are there any clubs or groups flying in the central Texas area? I'm located in Temple but don't mind driving a bit to get to the field.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Mike Mulligan
AMA 789641
Mulligan Racing Development
www.Mulliganracing.com Mike@Mulliganracing.com

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Anyone flying in the central Texas area?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »
Hi guys,

It has been a few years since I've had a chance to fly owing to a move, new job, settling in etc., but I would love to get back at it! Are there any clubs or groups flying in the central Texas area? I'm located in Temple but don't mind driving a bit to get to the field.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Welcome to  Texas, Mike.

What do you fly? There's a pretty active group in Dallas flying stunt, racing, speed. And there's a scattering of flyers down towards San Antonio, more in Houston.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 01:39:25 PM »
My daughter lives just south of there in Belton.  She says it is an easy drive.  Hobby Park here is just off of the freeway so it is interstate door to door.  When the weather is good we usually have 4-5 expert and advanced fliers out.  Pretty competitive bunch but super supportive as well.  Love to have you.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Gaylord D Elling

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 07:25:39 PM »
Group in Austin flies weekends. Contact Greg Elling grgelling@sbcglobal.net

Offline Jeff Perkins

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »
I’m getting back into CL flying (Ringmaster and Twister) and live in the Georgetown area. I would like to fly with the guys in this area! Saw a post from a few years ago about flying in Hutto at a school playground. This is very close to my home. Hope the Austin area flyer have room for a novice.

Thanks in advance also,

Jeff

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
As this a control line forum I assume not looking for a RC group...of which there are many in Central Tex..Killeen area has       https://www.centexmodelers.com/

They have a nice RC field flight line on  Stillhouse hollow reservoir (Corps of Engineers leased)
Might be worth a email or call to see if they ever added a CL circle...10 years ago I was a member and we discussed it a few times

Member here Glenn Quarles had at one time offered his very nice CL circle and ranch as a bed n breakfast package....that was a few years back....I see he is still active here so drop him a PM and see what he knows

I live near town of Lampasas I used to fly at sports complex on soccer fields. No club just me and occasionally Sean McEntee when he was stationed here at Fort Hood

BTW Central Texas describes an area about the size of some east coast states....grin
Bob Mears Does a very good Combat Contest every September in Lubbock
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Glenn Quarles

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 07:20:06 AM »
Hi Mike! I live in Clifton Tx and keep a circle mowed Out in front of the house pretty much all the time.  I don’t fly very much by myself, but love it when other guys come over! You are welcome anytime! If you’re interested just send me a pm and I’ll give you my phone number so we can talk.

GQ
Live in such a way that those who know you, but don't know God will come to know God because they know you.

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »
I am in the Houston area and belong to the TriCounty Barnstormers (RC) club.  But there is no interested in CL, and they wont allow unmuffled engines or CL there,
Is there any one in the Houston are who flies CL?  I have flown solo at George Bush Park, But is a hassle with a stooge.
I can easily be a stooge for some one!

I fly sport Profiles..... .35., .29, .19 etc....
STEVE Tomlinson

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 11:52:50 AM »
I am in the Houston area and belong to the TriCounty Barnstormers (RC) club.  But there is no interested in CL, and they wont allow unmuffled engines or CL there,
Is there any one in the Houston are who flies CL?  I have flown solo at George Bush Park, But is a hassle with a stooge.
I can easily be a stooge for some one!

I fly sport Profiles..... .35., .29, .19 etc....

Scobee Field in Katy.

Offline Steve Tomlinson

• Ensign
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 12:32:12 PM »
Yes adjacent to Scobee RC Field
STEVE Tomlinson

Advertise Here

Advertise Here