News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another welcome headline, I'm sure  (Read 759 times)

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Another welco0me headline, I'm sure
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »
This must be some new F.A.R.. Or maybe  a new section to 135 or 121.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Online peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Another welcome headline, I'm sure
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:00:40 AM »
I know that some are treating 107s like 135s....they have the license and the "pilots" work for them

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Another welcome headline, I'm sure
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:55:11 PM »
"If you have to recharge them every other hour, then you need so many drones, and you have to orchestrate that. So good luck with that," Frank Appel, the CEO of DHL parent Deutsche Post AG, told the AP last December.

Have I fallen behind again on battery technology? Is there a small drone (<7 lb) currently flying that can stay aloft for two hours on one charge? Uhhh,boys, "...we're gonna need a bigger boat."

So around my house, the drones are either going to fly over all the houses, across neighborhoods, so that someone can get their cappuccino, or the drones are going to be routed up and down the streets. And ducking all the power lines and internet fibers running on the ubiquitous poles. Oh joy.

Do you suppose the pizza delivery drone is going to respect the 1,000 ft min. altitude over structures and people rule? (91.119) Or have the deep pocket dreamers started "influencing" those in the FAA interpreting that rule, too?

And how will we apply fundamental airspace regulations to the proposed "latte-quads," "pizza bombers," and Amazon "Chinese chachka-delivery choppers?" Exactly how do they comply with see and avoid? Last I checked, eucalyptus trees were not on the aeronautical charts. So now we are going to have photo-mapping trailers going up and down city streets to fill in all the city terrain obstacles? You're gonna need a permit from the FAA to put up that new flag pole, Homer....

Maybe they jettison the pizza and latte by parachute from 1,000 ft? So you can watch your neighbor's trendy food land in your swimming pool? "It's on time or it's on us?" We're gonna need that guarantee soon, boys. Real soon.

Don't know if any of you guys live in an area where the battery-powered "rental" scooters have been introduced dumped. They are abandoned all over the place. Bird, Spin, Limebike. A lot of cities are now banning them. Even San Fran, which can bend over backwards a loooong way on eco-stuff, is trying to figure out how to have their cake and not get hit in the face with it. So now imagine poorly maintained octo-floppers carrying critical cargo and running out of juice. Bubba, we're gonna need some more street sweepers, too...

Divot McSlow

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here