News:

• April 18, 2024, 12:15:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another good day at Broome Park  (Read 993 times)

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Another good day at Broome Park
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:01:08 PM »
There was a little gathering of us guys today at Broome Park. We had a nice day for it. About 8-10 guys showed, a bunch of planes, some Bi-slob combat. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  Saw some people I hadnt seen for a while, lots of fuel burned.

The baseball game that was going on next to our flying area was noisy. The announcer on loud speaker disturbed my calibrated ear during engine runs.  >:D  Who needs those baseball diamonds all over anyway? Nobody plays baseball anymore. Its a dying game. All those unused fields would make good places to fly tho  **)

Frank should put some of the Bi-slob combat pics up, non stop fun. I gotta get mine built.....

Not many pics from me, just these....
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Another good day at Broome Park
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 06:44:39 AM »
Right Greg, here's a pic of Dwight's Slob after I chewed it up in a Slob-bat match. And a picture of the pits from another angle.

Bi-Slob combat is a lot of fun I'm glad John and I got it started. Once you get your Slob put together we can really start having some fun.

I didn't take many pictures this time but I got some great video of the Slob-bat matches.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 08:10:06 AM »
Greg,
I am just glad that ugly girl did not show up again. Frank might had posted another picture of her. **)

Looks like a lot of fuel was burned.

I need to do the same!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:15:04 PM »
Hey Paul, yup on all three comments. I personally am glad that "gurl" aint on no more.  :-[

I burned a quart and a half easy last saturday. maybe more, we all burned alot. John cut two circles, and they both were very busy all day. About the only quiet time on the grass was when planes were coming off the circle and going on. Yet nobody waited long for a open slot to fly. About the time I had my plane preped for another flight, it was time to go again. It flowed good like that all day. Best time I had flying all summer so far.

the flight line was more impressive in person.

I have a long way to go to catch you in the number of flying days you have had tho.

happy flying man  f~

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here