General control line discussion > Open Forum

American

(1/3) > >>

john e. holliday:
In the post about the Tuskegee Airmen they refer to them as African American.  Were they born in Africa and them become American citizens?   I guess I could refer to my self as Irish American or French American or what ever country my anchesters came from.  In fact with the spelling of my last name I could have relations from Germany.  In fact how many of todays black people have relatives going back to Africa?  In fact there were a lot of white slaves in the early history of America. R%%%%

Administrater you have my permision to do what ever you want with this post. S?P

Ken Culbertson:

--- Quote from: GallopingGhostler on January 18, 2022, 03:36:46 PM ---John, I think that this video may answer your question. ;
We all fly model airplanes, correct? D>K I always thought that we were model airplane flyers at the end of the day. H^^

--- End quote ---
That may have been a skit BUT, my wife is half Japanese and half Korean.  You have no idea how many times we have played that game for real, except for the girl's fabulous response.

Great post - Ken

ps: I am going to show that to my daughters!  Might be able to use it!

qaz049:

--- Quote from: john e. holliday on January 18, 2022, 01:23:30 PM ---In the post about the Tuskegee Airmen they refer to them as African American.  Were they born in Africa and them become American citizens?   I guess I could refer to my self as Irish American or French American or what ever country my anchesters came from.  In fact with the spelling of my last name I could have relations from Germany.  In fact how many of todays black people have relatives going back to Africa?  In fact there were a lot of white slaves in the early history of America. R%%%%

Administrater you have my permision to do what ever you want with this post. S?P

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting question you've asked  there John, not many people would put an opinion like that into words.

It does have an answer, and I do have data supporting it at hand. I won't go into too much depth because I expect that the topic will be shut down rather quickly.

Yes, there were "white slaves" in the US but perhaps not in the way you think.

The attachments are screen shots of an Ancestry DNA test and it compares the ethnicity estimates of two individuals of my acquaintance. The photo shows the AA chap who owns the ethnicity estimate on the RHS. He's in his 20's and lives in California. I've blanked out the names for reasons of privacy. Ancestry organizes their estimates in percentages.  An individuals total may may sum to less than 100%. The reason for this is trivial.

Note the map representing the place of origin of the chaps DNA. Almost 50/50 African/European with just a touch of Amerindian. Compare the African regions shown with a map of the Slave Trade routes. Match Perfectly.

We could discuss this data for hours.

In the grand history of African Slavery only about 5% of the total (~12-15 Million) reached the US. Interestingly today AA represent about 14% of the total US population. This is because slaves were bred by owners. It is estimated that each female slave had nine children. The fathers of the children were very often the slave owner or his sons or his neighbor's. Africans could transform into whites in about three generations. So in parts of the US almost every white person can carry African DNA. Just like the chap who owns the DNA on the LHS in the Ancestry test attached.

Mike Griffin:
I think John brings up a good point.  To me it is really simple, if you were born in this country, you are an American.  I dont care where your relatives came from.  This hyphenated American stuff is silly.  Political correctness is stupid and if we are not careful at some point we are going to lose the language.  I tell everyone I am an American by birth and a Southerner by the grace of GOD.

Mike

Larry Wong:

--- Quote from: Mike Griffin on January 19, 2022, 04:41:59 PM ---I think John brings up a good point.  To me it is really simple, if you were born in this country, you are an American.  I dont care where your relatives came from.  This hyphenated American stuff is silly.  Political correctness is stupid and if we are not careful at some point we are going to lose the language.  I tell everyone I am an American by birth and a Southerner by the grace of GOD.

Mike

--- End quote ---
.  Thank you Mike<><  I have been in this situation and I did ask them the same. Im born American served MY country, its who I am.no one said America is a certain race.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version