News:

• April 17, 2024, 06:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easy Composites Bulk Order  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Stuntflyn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Easy Composites Bulk Order
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:00:49 PM »
Hi Everyone,

We were having a discussion at the Stunt Hangar Hangout Friday night about unidirectional carbon fibre cloth and it finally evolved into putting a bulk order together. I am the processor of the order.

Easy Composites is out of the U.K and Unidirectional Carbon Fibre Cloth falls under the export restrictions imposed by the U.S., so there is a hefty amount of paperwork involved to get it over to us. Here is their website address:

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/

They have a minimum 300 pound (currency) order or else they charge a ridiculous amount to ship this stuff to the USA, hence the group order.

They sell hi quality products. You can view numerous YouTube videos they put out by searching for Easy Composites. These guys really know their stuff and their pricing is excellent.

The specific item most of us are ordering is the 100g Unidirectional Carbon Fibre Cloth. It is sold in a roll by the sq meter. Width is 1 meter, so 3 meters in length = 3 sq meters. Minimum length is one meter which equals one sq meter. One sq. meter sells for 15.60 pounds (currency). The more you order, the less the price is. For a close conversion to feet - 1 meter is about 3 feet. 3 meters is about 9 feet. 3 ft times 9 ft = 27 sq feet.

To get to the specific item we are talking about:

Home / Reinforcements & Prepregs / Carbon Fibre Reinforcements / Unidirectional Carbon Fibre Reinforcements. It is the 100g selection.

All that being said, you can add anything you might need from the Easy Composites website. Some guys are ordering other stuff too, it doesn't matter as long as we get to 300 pounds (currency). Needs some tow? They got it! Your shipping cost might vary if you order something heavy like resin or something.

Once I get the products and figure out the cost to ship to you, I will give you a total price for your share and you can pay via PayPal or Venmo.

Just be specific about what product(s) you want if you decide to order something. You will also need to send me your mailing address.

Just use my email address below to send me your order. We will wait a couple of days for guys to respond and then we will order.

Hope to see you at the Nats !

Thanks - extra thanks to Howard Rush for the BICAS Boards for my Igor timer, looks like I owe him about 50 lbs of mush.

Jim Smith - stuntflyn@gmail.com
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:42:27 PM by Stuntflyn »

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Easy Composites Bulk Order
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »
Jim,

I think you have incorrectly stated the area.  A 3 meter length of cloth 1 meter wide is 3 square meters in area.  If you convert that to square feet you get 27 square feet.  1 meter = 3+ feet.  Therefore 3 feet x 9 feet = 27 sq ft.

Joe

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »
Thanks for the correction JHildreth - much appreciated.

Jim

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 08:55:15 PM »
Actually just over 32 sq ft.    Meter  =  39.37 in
Jim

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 09:31:14 PM »
Question - why order from a place in the UK instead of here in the good 'ole USA? Shipping would be much, much more agreeable.

Steve

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 10:44:39 PM »
CST out of Calif is very user friendly
rad racer

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 06:34:08 AM »
I don't think R&G has the huge minimum order:

https://shop1.r-g.de/en/art/192100050-UUD

Soller in the US has a good selection as well, but not so wide:

https://www.sollercomposites.com/UNI.html

And if you want lighter (but not UNI)

https://shop.cn-models.com/carboweave/

MAAC 8177

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »
We have £300.00 worth of orders now. Easy Composites will reopen next Tuesday, so if you want in on this bulk order, you MUST have your order to me by Monday night.

Thsnks - Jim

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 11:22:44 AM »
Pat & Bob - I have looked at those sites and they both look good, but I have not had their carbon in my hand to look at the quality. I HAVE had some Easy Composites in my hand and that is why I am ordering it along with the recommendation of Traian Morosanu. Traian is actually one of the best molders and machinists I know, so I am willing to take his word for it.

It wasn't hard putting together a £300 order with the help of some friends. They have some other stuff I have not seen elsewhere that I added to my order as well.

I have seen those sites before and know many have been recommended to me. I am sure they are good. Bob Hunt recommends ACP Composites:
( https://www.acpcomposites.com/).

They are all good sources, thanks for mentioning them in this thread.

Jim

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 12:01:44 PM »
I would also generally recommend buying products in the USA, but I would once again say I have held this material in my hand - top flight. Check Easy Composites YouTube videos, these guys are very professional. I will find out about shipping charges shortly so I'll let you know.

Jim Smith

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 10:38:48 AM »
I checked prices on Easycomp and didn't see any bargains. I've had good CF on eBay from China. 1/3 the cost and free shipping.

Motorman 8)

Maybe you got black colored glassfiber instead..🤣

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
To each his or her own. I was recommended by someone who really knows his stuff when it comes to carbon fiber. Even though it is available elsewhere, price does not always represent the best value. I thought we got a good price nonetheless, £11.7 per square meter (about 9 sq feet) or about £1.3 per square foot. That's about $1.79 per square foot. Yes, we had to pay shipping from England, but split among all the people that ordered, even that was reasonable. Plus I did not have to order from China where I am sure the licensable goods export paperwork is not filed with U.S Customs. Unidirectional Carbon Fibre is mandated by the U.S to file this paperwork to protect Americans. We ordered quite a few different items, but because Unidirectional Carbon Fibre was one of the items we ordered and is affected by the licensable goods export, we had to order at least $300.00 of total product.

Thanks for all the input, the order is closed. I ordered early this morning.

Jim Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here