News:

• April 24, 2024, 11:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Al Rabe videos  (Read 853 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Al Rabe videos
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:26:48 PM »

AMA 12366

Offline Al Rabe

• Commander
Re: Al Rabe videos
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »
This airline video is a fairly serious "how these two flights, approaches and landings to Rome and Paris were accomplished."  "Serious" means that there is a lot of information that even serious modelers will fail to understand and maybe find a bit boring".  Still, there are also good segments that will be readily understandable to aviation minded modelers like the preflight, approaches, landings, taxiing and crew bus transportation to downtown Paris.

The enroute video segments are mostly instrument panel and charts.  The flight videos were taken with the camera mounted on the glare shield looking straight ahead out of the captain's windshield.

The first 4:30 show the preflight in Frankfort.  My favorite airplanes were always ones that I could walk under without stooping. The rest of the Rome segment follows something like this.  7:30 begins the approach to Rome.  At 10:30 the runway is in sight followed by the landing in Rome and 11:20 taxi to the gate.

The next video segment begins 13:40 and is mostly in the instrument panel and radar showing the West coast of Italy as we pass abeam Rome Northbound.  At about 20:00 we begin the approach to Paris Charles de Gaulle. At 50:50 the runway is in sight followed by landing and taxi to the gate.  The final segment is the crew bus transportation to the Meridian Hotel in downtown Paris.  From our hotel it was only about a 10 minute walk up the Champs-Elysees to the Arc de Triomphe.

People seem to like this video.  It was shot twenty five years ago in International airspace in an internationally registered aircraft. At the time, I thought that this video might be of use to the training department. 

If anyone wants to refer to more complete explanation of the linked DVD they could refer to a previous post Al's Models 4 download from link posted in July 01 2018. I would appreciate comments, opinions and reviews on the contents of the DVD posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkHUtj971Jgk_k-N5vVQX_as0dcVexiz4

Once again, here is the free download and all that is required to have the DVD content on your computer is just click on this link.

Al
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:14:30 PM by Al Rabe »

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Al Rabe videos
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 04:02:54 PM »

Al, I watched your video early this morning. I was very impressed with how well you were prepared for almost every option the airport threw at you! This video made my day. I flew controline today with the guys and couldn't stop talking about it. I encouraged them to watch the video. Great to know there are guys like you up front …..Gene

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here