News:

• April 24, 2024, 01:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Northwest Regionals pictures and first contest experience.  (Read 6135 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Northwest Regionals pictures and first contest experience.
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:42 PM »
That's an insult? 

It all about being POLITE, which most have forgotten how to do.
Why ASSUME it was copied/modified?
Just be polite and ask who designed it.

I KNOW  someone spent a lot of time lofting the fuselage, and making the mold. There are other design parameters that were incorporated into that design.

However, if someone wants to be adversarial, they can ask if it was modified. That would do it.

Wow, sorry I asked.

Actually, if we really want to nitpick things to that point, I consider this response to my simple questions an assumptive and impolite insult. Maybe it would have been POLITE to simply answer the questions? There was no real assumption either way, just a couple of very simple questions. Sorry, not all of us bottom feeders (as we're constantly reminded of being) live in the holier than thou Disneyland of the Northwestern U.S. that is apparently the Stunt God land of absolute and all knowing perfection. Jeez, some of these guys could really stand to lighten up.  D>K

And Dan, thank you for clarifying my "insulting" query.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:21 PM »
    I don't think Wayne was intending to insult anyone. Wayne is quite knowledgeable on the subject of airplanes, big and small. The Rare Bear air racer was modified from a stock F8F Bearcat. There has never been a specific C/L stunt model of Rare Bear published, as far as I know, but there have been a few F8F plans published

Dave Cooks . Saw a picture I think od it the other day somewhere , Like Here ! ? .

https://www.apuca.com.ar/Planos/planosind.htm

Ah , THAT Picture . Small World .  :-X

Almost nearly , but Not Quite . Not Quite at all , evedently , So I guess Thats NOT Dave Cook Either .

Inclined to do the Conquest 1 , N1111L . Got It On Paper , Derivative of Als 68 ? one , Moulded Fuse tho . ( If anyones stuck ) .

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »
Actually not close at all.  Here's another one, mine, almost ready to go.  Life got in the way of it being ready for NW Regional.  Alan Resinger and Pat Johnston name's were on the plans that I used. 
Mike

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2018, 07:00:25 AM »
The Rare Bear is mine.  It is an original design with a little input from Pat Johnston.  Paul, Chris Cox and I got together a little over two years ago to test some theories we had about inline designs.  Paul's P-47 last year was the result.  Chris and I  waited a year to build in lines as we had already started our 2017 designs.  The Rare Bear and Chris's Hellcat use a modified Geo-Bolt wing.  His model is based on Kaz Minato's Hellcat.  I started with some drawings Pat sent me years ago.  I did use his fin and rudder assembly and the basic stab and elevator although the size was modified.  I had to completely design the fuselage to the numbers our design work had produced.  My flaps are larger due to increased weight I anticipated due to having to build three wings to get a keeper and using all my prime balsa in the endeavour.
Power is an AXI 2826 with Igor's timer wIth accelerometer and a Jetti ESC.  Power is a Thunxder Power 6S 2800 battery.  Weight is 68.5 ounces.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:03:09 AM by Alan Resinger »

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »
Yes , It IS You , apparently .

From ' Flying Lines ' .
Alan Resinger of Delta, B.C., produced another beautiful plane for Precision Aerobatics in 2018, following the recent trend of the semi-scale warbird style. The Rare Bear is powered by an AXI electric motor, Jeti Spin 66 ESC, Igor timer and 12x5.5 prop with an Ark spinner and a Thunder Power 6s 2800 battery. Alan Resinger photo.

Far Out ! .  H^^

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »

Two VERY COOL models! I'm surprised it took so long for someone to tackle a Rear Bear project, now there's TWO!

Ever since Rod Lewis unveiled it I've always thought that the full scale 'Bear's current paint scheme just begs for a stunt model. Alan's rendition really does it justice. Does it have the "Rare Bear" graphic on the bottom of the wing? The earlier purple/gold scheme was great too, can't wait to see finished pics of Mike's version.  The overall design work is kind of what I was expecting to hear, great job guys and thanks for the info.

Wayne Willey

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2018, 10:58:08 PM »
To answer your question.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »
To answer your question.

No wonder it flies backward, Alan.  You made the leadouts come out of the wrong wing!.  Reminds me of when Gary McClellan put the tank in his new Nobler bass-ackward because he was assembling the parts upside down on the workbench.  At least he corrected it before flying, however, thanks to a sharper eyed interloper.    VD~ VD~

Ted

p.s.  Beautiful airplane for a golfer.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2018, 09:29:50 PM »
To answer your question.

Very nice Alan, you've nailed it!  y1
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:57:47 PM by wwwarbird »

Wayne Willey

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »
I was not trying to harass anyone regarding the requirement for AMA Number on the plane.  It was merely an "observation", and not a complaint.

The requirement isn't really all that necessary.  An entrant's name & number are first registered upon contest entry.  C/L planes aren't likely to become lost, and requiring I.D. for return, as free flight models are. 
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »
I was not trying to harass anyone regarding the requirement for AMA Number on the plane.  It was merely an "observation", and not a complaint.

The requirement isn't really all that necessary.  An entrant's name & number are first registered upon contest entry.  C/L planes aren't likely to become lost, and requiring I.D. for return, as free flight models are.

Since I was the one with the AMA number in question, it didn't bother me at all Floyd. You are right, it was just an observation!

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2018, 08:47:03 AM »
For years I have been wondering why the planes shown in MA concerning the pictures of planes that are sent in by AMA members in don't seem to have the AMA numbers on the planes. One would think that the lack of AMA numbers just might cause the editors of MA to note that. Check out any MA issue over the past 10 years and you will find only a few with observable numbers. One could determine that the AMA really doesn't follow its own rules.
Joe
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
For years I have been wondering why the planes shown in MA concerning the pictures of planes that are sent in by AMA members in don't seem to have the AMA numbers on the planes. One would think that the lack of AMA numbers just might cause the editors of MA to note that. Check out any MA issue over the past 10 years and you will find only a few with observable numbers. One could determine that the AMA really doesn't follow its own rules.
Joe

The requirement to show a visible AMA number is only for certain competition events, not for sport modeling. The safety code only requires that the number be in or on the model somewhere. So a typewritten slip of paper in the tank compartment (or any other place you can't see) is sufficient. You and I both know that they probably haven't done that, either, but you can't tell by looking at a picture.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here