News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Off Topic, and FUNNY  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Off Topic, and FUNNY
« on: February 07, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »
This is a bit different...funny as heck...and Off Topic, of course.  LL~ Steve

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLpE1Pa8vvI?autoplay=1&autohide=1&showinfo=0&iv_load_policy=3&rel=0
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
Re: Off Topic, and FUNNY
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:35:36 PM »
This is great
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:37:15 PM »
More scary than funny.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »

I'm with you Russell, that thought is SCAREY!!!
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:38:11 PM »
Brilliant work.
And we are doomed.

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »
Just hope they are smarter then we are.

Steve

Offline Bob Wiegand

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 07:12:25 AM »
As I remember, our parents all thought the same about us and we haven't totally destroyed the place yet.   LL~

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 07:13:14 AM »
Just hope they are smarter then we are.

Steve

Well, judging by my children, millennials of course, they certainly think they are.  ~>
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:21 AM »
They are still doing the "participation trophy" crap in the public school system. Samuel received one a few months ago for an event at school. Samuel, knowing from CL contests, understands that only winners get trophies. He queried me as to why he got a trophy when he did not win. We spoke at length about winners and losers and being a good sport in victory or defeat. I basically told him they pass out trophies to everyone so that some kids don't feel bad about losing. His reply was "somebody's got to lose for somebody to be the winner and the winner gets the trophy". After our talk it was his opinion he shouldn't have gotten a trophy just for showing up. He pitched it in the trash without so much as a second thought. So simple an 8 year old understands. Why can't our educators get it too?
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
But, some parents don't know how to educate their children about losing at doing something. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
Please don't blame the educators, they are pressured by parents to do that.  And most school boards are made up of bobble heads who are part of the parents wanting "My kid will feel bad if they don't get a trophy" equality.
It IS bunk and a negative thing, but the majority of parents, at least in this area, are blind to the bad picture it paints.

By the way, that guy is a brilliant dude to produce that so perfectly.  Good singer, too - loved it.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
Please don't blame the educators, they are pressured by parents to do that.  And most school boards are made up of bobble heads who are part of the parents wanting "My kid will feel bad if they don't get a trophy" equality.
It IS bunk and a negative thing, but the majority of parents, at least in this area, are blind to the bad picture it paints.

By the way, that guy is a brilliant dude to produce that so perfectly.  Good singer, too - loved it.
I meant no disrespect to all the teachers out there. It was aimed at the higher ups in the education system that think this is a good practice. Sorry if I offended anyone in the teaching profession. :)
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 04:13:37 PM »
They are still doing the "participation trophy" crap in the public school system. Samuel received one a few months ago for an event at school. Samuel, knowing from CL contests, understands that only winners get trophies. He queried me as to why he got a trophy when he did not win. We spoke at length about winners and losers and being a good sport in victory or defeat. I basically told him they pass out trophies to everyone so that some kids don't feel bad about losing. His reply was "somebody's got to lose for somebody to be the winner and the winner gets the trophy". After our talk it was his opinion he shouldn't have gotten a trophy just for showing up. He pitched it in the trash without so much as a second thought. So simple an 8 year old understands. Why can't our educators get it too?

Well said, Mike  - you should be proud of your son!!!
Bob Z.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »
I meant no disrespect to all the teachers out there. It was aimed at the higher ups in the education system that think this is a good practice. Sorry if I offended anyone in the teaching profession. :)
No offense taken, Mike, but I couldn't help but defend most of my family - many teachers, and all of them frustrated with those higher-ups you mentioned. 
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here