News:

• April 18, 2024, 04:37:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice re shipping kits.  (Read 398 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Advice re shipping kits.
« on: March 20, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »
     Hello All:

I need advice about the best way to ship kits.  These include kits from Ringmaster to Brodak ARF size.  Any suggestions?

Tia,

Frank

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Advice re shipping kits.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 10:39:06 AM »
     Hello All:

I need advice about the best way to ship kits.  These include kits from Ringmaster to Brodak ARF size.  Any suggestions?

Tia,

Frank

Set yourself up an account at Pirateship.com . It's easy to do and secure. Saves a lot over going to the post office. They offer pricing options for USPS and for UPS now. I'll bet there are several other online services also.  When shipping kits, wrap the box with corrugated to protect the kit and keep the size of the box down. Double boxing is nice but hard to find boxes. You can even piece together something to go around the box. Older paste board boxes need the protection the most. Some of the newer generation of kits are in corrugated boxes already, but anything else doubles the protection. Anything 36" or longer get a surcharge added now. In the vintage motorcyle community, members that travel will often times transport bikes for a reasonable fee. Maybe similar cooperation among modelers can be worked out to transport large boxes or even whole airplanes. It's worth looking into.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Advice re shipping kits.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 04:13:57 PM »
       Dan, thanks for the help!

Frank

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here