General control line discussion > Open Forum

Adjustable Handle

(1/4) > >>

Trostle:
The subject of adjustable handles has recently appeared on another thread in the classified section.

Here is an example of one where the up and down trim is adjustable prior to flight.  In flight, the line spacing can be adjusted as well as the position of the lines relative to the center of the handle can be adjusted.  Good for initial flights.  A bit bulky for extended use, but good for transferring settings for a custom handle, tailored to a specific airplane.

As far as I know, this is no longer being made.

Keith

Brent Williams:
Looks like a version of the handles that Burt Brokaw was making with that adjustment mechanism back in the '90's.

Trostle:

--- Quote from: Brent Williams on December 17, 2021, 06:00:44 PM ---Looks like a version of the handles that Burt Brokaw was making with that adjustment mechanism back in the '90's.

--- End quote ---

I do not think Burt made these.  He had a contact, I think somewhere in the Northwest that made them. 

Keith

EddyR:
 I mentioned  this handle in the "handle  for sale" section
  Big Jim sent this to  Bill Rich to copy but Bill's hand was to big for it so he had some much larger versions made but they were to heavy so they did not get much use. I traded Bill a motor for it and here it is after all these years.
 I always liked this handle as it fit my hand perfect. I used hard point handles but this one still works good. It is adjustable in flight by the thumb screw on one side.
Ed

Ken Culbertson:
Bottom line - Does anybody out there have one of these adjustable handle things that they are willing to part with/sell?  I get so little flight time now and I hate it when I have time for three flights, and I am still adjusting the handle when I have to go.

I want one to trim the plane then use it as a template for a permanent for that plane.

Barring that, is there a set of "plans" to make one?  Pictures here are worth 900 words, I need 1000! LL~

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version