News:

• March 28, 2024, 11:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A MAJOR BUMMER...  (Read 1548 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
A MAJOR BUMMER...
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:20:57 AM »
Well people, I just found out I'm being laid off of work as of this Wednesday Nov. 15th, it's been really slow here at the dealership. So, I just thought I'd let everyone here know that I'll have to be on hiatus from Stunt Hangar for a while, as I have no computer at home. I am hoping and counting on this to be a very short time, but I just don't know for sure. If anyone would like to or need to contact me, feel free to call my cell # anytime at 507-402-4050. Thanks for everything, and I hope to be back soon! y1

Wayne Willey
1525 W. Clark St.
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
Re: A MAJOR BUMMER...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:03:26 PM »
Hate to see you go man, even for a short while.

I will keep in touch by phone for sure. y1 y1 y1

Still looking for the "DAZZLER 40" plans, you'll get them ASAP.

Good Luck and get back soon.

Bill Gruby AP^ AP^
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that Wayne. Good luck on your job search, and we look forward to your return to the Hangar!We know you'll be back soon! Hang in there man!!!!
Richard
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »
Are you in such a remote section that you do not have a friend with a computor that would let you spend an hour or two on?   When our hard drive shot c***s I used my son's computor.   Also the owner of Shawnee Small Engine Repair would let me use his when I needed it.   Anyway hope you get back to work soon.  Also remember some places do not let you use company computors.   When I was still at Bell Telephone I could get all the personal mail I wanted sent to me,  I just couldn't respond to it until I got home and used my own computor.  Later,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tom Perry

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
Wayne,

Most libraries have computers for patron use.  You can set up a hotmail or other free email address.  The computer help in searching for a new job and also applying for benefits such as unemployment.  If you have any time left after business give us a growl now and then.

I am out of work as of the 31st of October and have found using the computer for the above to be very helpful.   y1

Tight lines,

Tom Perry
 Norfolk, Virginia

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »
Keep your chin up.............
Frank Carlisle

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »
I've had a few stints of unemployment, several for a full year, some for no work, but a couple of times for back pain. In either case, it's a real blow to the spirit. When I had the time/energy to build, I had some supplies, but no plans, no kits, no engines.

I've been stockpiling since '99, but haven't gotten fired or pink slipped since then. My conclusion is that you gotta stock up on all the kits and engines you could possibly use, for job security. I hope you're well stocked, but maybe you haven't been doing a good job of stockpiling kits and such.

The other thing I've noticed, is that I get job offers two or more at a time. I've almost always taken the first firm offer, which maybe was a mistake. It may be a good idea to figure out how to keep 'em hanging until that second offer becomes firm. One job came to me because I saw an ad in the paper. It just gave the phone number, but I'm maybe not great on the phone, so I did some research and figured out who and where, and walked in. Pretty good job, until the boss went off to prison! Then things went in the dumper, of course. Several other jobs came to me because I knew somebody. I wasn't always looking for a job, but just stopped in to see them, and they wouldn't let me out the door. "How much do you want?" "All I can get!"  Worked for me, several times!

Good luck and get out there and find a job, even if it isn't what you want. Sometimes a career change is a good thing.   ~^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Captain
    • khspriggs
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »
Wayne, we will all be pulling for you. I am retired now and was very fortunate to never have been out of work. It must be a terrible feeling. Anytime you get close to a computer, log in and let us know how it is going. I have had events in my life that seemed at the time to be the worst thing that ever could have happened to me. As I look back now I can see where the same event was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I am trusting that it will be the same for you.

Offline Harleyman

• ACE
  • Captain
    • Circle Masters
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:53:36 AM »
Good luck buddy.  Hope you land on your feet soon.
Use your local library to check in from time to time, to let us know how you’re doing.
Chris Sterner
AMA 1825
EAA 1429853
https://circlemasters.com

Offline Mike Spiess

• bikemike
  • Commander
  • AMA #4060
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 08:40:47 AM »
Just put your number in speed dial. If there's any thing I can do let me know when I call. I get laid off alot I'm a union carpenter so it goes with the territory. I always know I'll be working soon so it's not so bad. Gives me time to catch up on stuff at home sometimes. I'm also laid off so lets go flying sometime. Talk at you later #^ #^
You don't stop flying cause your get OLD
You get OLD cause you stopped flying
St Peter MN
Present Master of the Figure 9

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here