News:

• May 14, 2024, 07:24:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veco 35 Stunt Engine  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Jerry Rauch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Veco 35 Stunt Engine
« on: December 18, 2012, 06:43:39 PM »
Hello all, I have a Veco Thunderbird kit I'm getting ready to start. I 've been trying to buy a Veco 35 stunt engine for it, but keep getting out bid. I really would like to either use a veco 35 or another engine that is the same dimensions, since I don't want to modify the cowl. Does anyone have a Veco 35 Stunt they would sell, or does anyone know what other engine has the same dimensions. I have  Fox 35's,but even with a 3/4 in crankshaft spacer, the engine is too short, the Veco 35 uses a 1/2 in spacer.
Thanks...

Offline Jerry Rauch

• Lieutenant
Re: Veco 35 Stunt Engine
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »
Sorry, after posting, I checked again. Seems the Fox 35 Stunt with a 3/4 in crankshaft extension is the same length as a Veco 35 with a 1/2 in extension.
I'll use the Fox engine.
thanks...

Offline Chris Wilson

• Admiral
Re: Veco 35 Stunt Engine
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
I believe that that the Double Star 40 (if you can find one) is the same mounting dimensions as the Fox 35, and do you really want 3/4" of extra overhang with such a short shaft, plain bearing engine?

"DOUBLE STAR CLASSIC 40 - This engine is based on the Fox .35, but with greater bore and stroke, AAC construction, and now comes with its own muffler.  A direct swap into Fox mounts, it weighs the same too.  It easily turns 11X5 and 11X6 props on 5% nitro, and works best in 42 to 52 oz. models."

From Tom Dixon.
MAAA AUS 73427

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
 Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.  It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here