News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:52:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A family's reaction to the latest Victorian China Virus lockdown  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
A family's reaction to the latest Victorian China Virus lockdown
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:01:35 PM »
Hi guys, this is slightly political but very clever.

If you don't know, the state of Victoria is currently locked down — effectively, house arrest — even regions that have never had a single case of the China Virus and that has come after the state was locked down for a full 16 weeks last year.

So this family has responded.

Enjoy.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: A family's reaction to the latest Victorian China Virus lockdown
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »
Geoff,

Brilliant!

Enjoyed that, thanks....

The Divot

Offline Jerry Eichten

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
    • Flying Lines
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 09:51:09 PM »
Really great!
AMA 7693

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 11:31:09 PM »
Love it Geoff - Thanks for sharing!  I give them an A+ for attitude!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 02:04:04 PM »
I don't know if I should feel sorry for them or not.  Last year when I could I went to the store,  hardware, gas station and the flying field.  This year so far the weather and knees plus back have had control.  I think getting out in fresh air with my planes helped a lot.  Yes there were people that drove by and seen me with no mask and having fun plus what exercise the flying gave me.  Also the Shawnee patrolman would drive by and wave while doing his rounds.   I wonder is there enough jails to lock us all up if we are outside doing yard work or in my case running engines if I am not wearing a mask.   Yes I put it on to get in the stores and restaurants but it comes of as soon as I'm out side.  If some one comes close enough to complain as I'm hard of hearing I ask them why don't they follow their own rules and keep their distance.  I think the politicians are over stepping their power and causing more harm tp our health than they are helping.  Now second week of sub freezing temps have kept me out of the shop, even though it say 70F degrees on the thermometer it feels cold after a while.  Come on springtime and summer. R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 04:03:55 PM »
Here in Texas we have found that the best way to keep people at home is to sprinkle a little snow on the ground!  >:D

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 04:40:29 PM »
Aren't these the same people who sheepishly [and even gladly] allowed laws to be passed where they are automatically charged with a serious crime [and  responsible for all legal costs] just for defending themselves with a firearm...?... T

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 04:40:33 AM »
Chuck they are actually British in the video, so no guns at all, even their cops!

If you are alluding to Australia's personal protection laws it is defence with like weapon for like weapon. So gun for gun or knife for knife etc.

If they break into your house and don't have a gun and you do and you use it, you are in big trouble!! Particularly if you take a shot as they are running away.

It is illegal to keep a hand gun in your home in Australia! Only allowed at a gun club safe.

Craig
Ps. Yes it was stupidly allowed to happen. Along with no semi automatic weapons. No pump action shot guns. 2 shot only shot guns but since the bolt action shot guns came out they found a loop hole in the law. Not sure where that is now.
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2021, 08:08:42 AM »
Chuck they are actually British in the video, so no guns at all, even their cops!

If you are alluding to Australia's personal protection laws it is defence with like weapon for like weapon. So gun for gun or knife for knife etc.

If they break into your house and don't have a gun and you do and you use it, you are in big trouble!! Particularly if you take a shot as they are running away.

It is illegal to keep a hand gun in your home in Australia! Only allowed at a gun club safe.

Craig
Ps. Yes it was stupidly allowed to happen. Along with no semi automatic weapons. No pump action shot guns. 2 shot only shot guns but since the bolt action shot guns came out they found a loop hole in the law. Not sure where that is now.
Craig....Good morning and thanks for the tutorial..! So, the criminals get to dictate what the appropriate level of self defense is. If the Attacker begins the altercation with a 10 inch knife and I only have a 6 incher, do I get to call a "timeout" and go fetch a 10 inch blade..? Do I get to call a time out to carefully measure the Attacker's blade with calipers to make sure I don't break any laws..? If the Attacker  decides to escalate and whip out a pistol, do I get to call another "timeout", check to see what caliber, ammo, etc. the Attacker is using then go to my gun safe and...oh wait, I'm not even allowed to have a gun....even if I'm 80 years old, arthritic, a decorated Veteran and half blind. People who are born into this system don't have any other point of reference, so they would naturally see it as "the way it is". I imagine the countries with the most strict gun control laws naturally spend more time than others obscuring / understating / lying about the facts regarding gun related crime in their countries...?

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 03:43:27 PM »
Chuck I am with you. It is completely ridiculous!

The first time a criminal successfully sued a householder because they hurt themselves breaking in I decided I would do what I had to in order to protect my family and property. What they do to me later was of no consequence to me. Apparently in this country a home owner owes a duty of care to an un invited criminal!

I can't begin to understand it. There is a lot these days I don't understand.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 04:22:43 PM »
Sorry But I have to comment, Why is it so hard to use the name of the virus . Covid-19. NOT china virus. Why the apparent need to make it a racial slur ? Should we just start calling everything whitey and darkie ? If it is so hard to use the correct name I have to wonder if it is hard to even use  logic by the people whom do this.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
Sorry But I have to comment, Why is it so hard to use the name of the virus . Covid-19. NOT china virus. Why the apparent need to make it a racial slur ? Should we just start calling everything whitey and darkie ? If it is so hard to use the correct name I have to wonder if it is hard to even use  logic by the people whom do this.

Well, because that is where this particular strain of the virus originated and was first reported. Why does that make it a slur????

They still refer the 1918 pandemic as the Spanish Flu. The new variants are referred to as being where they came from, the UK virus, the South African virus, etc.

Get a grip!!

Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2021, 05:18:05 PM »
What do you propose we call the Spanish Flu to avoid having you label us......[drum roll].......RACISTS...?

Seriously Dude..... n1

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2021, 05:25:57 PM »
Chuck I am with you. It is completely ridiculous!

The first time a criminal successfully sued a householder because they hurt themselves breaking in I decided I would do what I had to in order to protect my family and property. What they do to me later was of no consequence to me. Apparently in this country a home owner owes a duty of care to an un invited criminal!

I can't begin to understand it. There is a lot these days I don't understand.

Craig
Imagine the stress of defending yourself and your family from the attacker / thief,  then being charged with murder, then waiting who knows how long to go through the stress of a trial to prove your innocence. I understand that win or lose you will pay court costs, lawyer fees, etc. I heard today in NZ a family of 3 tested positive [have an active case of the Chinese Virus?] and now they've shut the whole nation down again. [double face palm]

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2021, 06:12:55 PM »
The year is 2021. Crocodile Dundee is re-released with new footage. This time, he pulls out his knife and says "now this is a knife." In a blink the thiefs pull out their cellphones to call the police on ole' Croc because his is bigger than theirs, and they feel intimidated to the point of making the scene all about how he made them feel worthless...scared for their lives...and blame him for all their criminal behavior in years past. It's all Croc's fault...yeah, crock of something alright.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 07:59:18 PM »
Chuck, 3 things.
As with most Western countries the case would be played out in the media so the weight of public opinion would be on the judge. The victim, in this instance the criminal, would be made out as some hard done by, neglected as a child, poor soul, suffering from depression, wah, wah, wah, hard done by, hard done by. Who, was out on parole for exactly the same crime! The home owner, upright citizen, family man, terrified for his family.
Yes he would plead, or be found guilty, but would get parole.

In my state, Queensland, there is an offender levy. It is only paid if you plead guilty, or, are found guilty. It is not always imposed on the guilty and in lower courts costs about $140 up to $380 in the higher courts. There are legal aid service that are free if you can't fund your own defence.

The NZ lockdown is because they have no social transmission but don't know where it came from. Here in Brisbane we have cases coming up all the time but they are in quarantine hotels and they know where the people have come from and can track back from there.

We are different from you guys as we have no social transmission of Covid at all. We know where it came from and can isolate it. A few weeks ago we had a strain appear of the UK version and we went back to a partial lockdown for 72 hours. No further transmissions and boom back to business as usual.

Jim, love the analogy.

All the best guys
Ps. Sorry to hi Jack the thread guys.
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 09:00:58 PM »
Apologies to all those who — like me — did not want to see this post turn into a political football.

Some realised that Victoria is a state in Australia. Also, gun laws in Australia — like most of the civilised world — are very different to the USA.

And just to put things in perspective, that funny little island group at the bottom of the western Pacific have a land mass pretty close to the contiguous 48 states of the US.

The Premier in Victoria — the elected leader of the state government — is trigger happy in that, because his ineptocracy lost control of the virus mid-last year, the first thing he does is lock everybody up in their homes. He did it last year for a full 16 weeks. For about 10 of those weeks people were not allowed out of their homes for more than 1 hour per day and when they were allowed out, they had to stay within a 5km (3.1 mile) radius of their homes.

As for calling the virus the China Virus, there was Spanish Flu, in north Queensland there is a mosquito borne disease known as Ross River Fever. Anybody want to guess where it is found?

Also, there are plenty who call it WuhFlu. Influenza is a corona virus. This thing is different but everybody knows what is meant.

When you look at the bastardry being heaped on Australia by its biggest trading partner at present — I hope you know about that — why not acknowledge that it started in Wuhan, China?

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 10:47:46 PM »
The Spanish flu of 1918 was the official name for the pandemic  at that time. But the flu we have today was named covid-19 NOT china virus. So Again why use a name that is NOT the name given it unless your basically racist and lazy ? That is a question. So address the question. Why do you and others have to refer to it by the wrong name ? If someone calls you by the wrong name do you correct them or allow then to use sloppy manners and language and NOT use your name? That is what I am asking so please address that. As for where it cane from and where some other modern disease came from they do not call them the American disease ? There is a reason for naming and it has NOTHING to do with the where so much as being descriptive and useful.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 11:41:32 PM »
The Spanish flu of 1918 was the official name for the pandemic  at that time. But the flu we have today was named covid-19 NOT china virus. So Again why use a name that is NOT the name given it unless your basically racist and lazy ?

Flu were traditionally named by their place of origin, eg. Wuhan Flu. COVID-19 is about *political correctness* . Your absurd finger-pointing about racism is absurd, and not something anyone needs to respond to. That's a problem for *you*, not a problem with the rest of us.

I think most people know what *real* racism is. This is not it. Trying to equate the two trivializes a very real problem  - just so you can make an illucid point. 

Brett

Offline Oldenginerod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 03:55:17 AM »
Just go back to the first post in this thread, enjoy watching the clip and leave it at that.  It seems that every second thread ends up in an argument about something unrelated to the hobby.
Stop & smell the rose...er, castor. H^^

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 11:04:24 AM »
The video is BRILLIANT!  I love it.  That is a very talented, together family, despite being confined because of the flu.  They should be proud.  Any where to make a small donation?  That really made my day!

If they have had, or are Covid19(China) contagious then quarantine makes a bit of sense.  Blanket quarantining makes no sense at all.  If infected people don't go out or don't take precautions if they do there should be a little civic responsibility involved.  If they don't allow people to carry loaded weapons they probably  shouldn't allow people to spread infections.
phil Cartier

Offline John Hammonds

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 11:23:28 AM »
I'm waiting for their follow up "The final lockdown" with apologies in advance to Swedish rock band "Europe".

TTFN
John.
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.....
Fast, Cheap, Reliable - Choose any 2!
BMFA 165249

Offline Brian Hampton

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2021, 05:54:16 PM »
Apologies to all those who — like me — did not want to see this post turn into a political football.
It seems that too many want to resurrect the so-called "Free Speech Zone" by polluting other topics. The loophole I guess is that this is called the Open Forum so I'll use that loophole to comment that the so-called '"Spanish Flu" was actually first reported in March 1918 in Kansas, USA.

As for the OP's video, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the kids :). So thanks Geoff.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »
It seems that too many want to resurrect the so-called "Free Speech Zone" by polluting other topics.

All "speech bans" result in what amounts to a uni-directional platform almost everywhere. The left "snipes" in their little digs - because snark is their substitute for wit or honesty - and when someone dares to oppose them, they run off to Bob (or everywhere else, some other authority figure) trying to get the entire thing shut down, or dramatically annouce "I am leaving!!" so everyone sees how their feelings got hurt. Never do they just skip the obvious threads or a single comment, they read every one, looking for something to be offended by and then complain about. This thread being a hallmark example.

The center (which you would call the extreme right) gets attacked morning to night, all day long, in every possible venue, by the left. *One place* allows a balance, and you want to stifle that, too.

The loophole I guess is that this is called the Open Forum so I'll use that loophole to comment that the so-called '"Spanish Flu" was actually first reported in March 1918 in Kansas, USA.

After originating in *Spain* and being carried back by doughboys who were sent home from the war. But, who cares what you call it?  If we call it the "Ft. Riley Flu", does it become a heinous racist slur against the people of Kansas showing dastardly racist attitudes towards wheat farmers?   You might get a strongly-worded letter from the Junction City, Kansas Chamber of Commerce.

That's how you can distinguish actual racism from hysterical claims - reverse it, or apply the same standards to *any* group, and see if it's still a problem. There has been is still very real, very ugly and evil racism in the world, it's always wrong no matter who does what do whom, and doubly ugly in the USA where the *individual* is intended to be the most important division. That's what "judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" means. I think I heard that somewhere.

Characterizing people - *any people*  - by superficial characterstics of race, class, creed, etc is completely incompatible with our supposedly most important beliefs.

Trying to take ridiculous non-PC speech - which you, Jim, and everyone else is perfectly free to ignore or rebut as you feel best - and to equate it with actual racism is both absurd, and does great disservice to the rest of us trying to argue against and fight against the real thing.

Brett

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2021, 10:32:36 AM »

How do interpret this a racial slur?

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:40 AM »
How do interpret this a racial slur?

A RACIST SLUR is any logical argument that cannot be disputed another way.
Paul Smith

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »
The Left takes great glee exercising  their make believe role as the LANGUAGE CONTROL / THOUGHT CONTROL OFFICERS.
These LIBERAL FASCIST SPEECH NAZI SJWS wouldn't exist without the [[[100% GLOBALIST CONTROLLED MASS MEDIA]]] paving the way.
This is what the Social Media backed CANCEL CULTURE is all about.
If you are in search of an alternative social media that respects free speech....come on over to GAB. If not, then please respect our rights to free speech and StayTFAway from GAB.

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »
As I said and YOU have not reputed is why is it so hard to use the correct name. Your either unable to say covid like Trump whom could not say origins but would say oranges, or you do it to be racist. So which is it ?  You could say covid but choose to say CHINA virus. I am pointing out the two choices. and that what you need to address...

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »
As I said and YOU have not reputed is why is it so hard to use the correct name. Your either unable to say covid like Trump whom could not say origins but would say oranges, or you do it to be racist. So which is it ?  You could say covid but choose to say CHINA virus. I am pointing out the two choices. and that what you need to address...

You're gonna need to use a language to de-code whatever you just wrote.

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »

WHO has the authority to decide WHAT is the "CORRECT NAME" for me to say...?
IDK...uhhh maybe uhhhh....HITLER, STALIN, AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI, CHAIRMAN MAO ...?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 01:54:44 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2021, 05:33:40 PM »

Apparently Jim has nothing better to do.  ::)
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 08:29:34 PM »

Jim, you and people like you on the cusp of the lunatic fringe, have misused and abused the word racist to the point in has no meaning anymore and that is a shame because when actual racism does take place it is often ignored. 
The left, especially during the reign of Barrack Hussein Obama ,set back racial relations at least 60 years and this incessant need for people like you to scream racism about everything has grown old and meaningless,  so STFU until you can say something intelligent. 

Mike

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 08:57:54 PM »
Jim, you and people like you on the cusp of the lunatic fringe, have misused and abused the word racist to the point in has no meaning anymore and that is a shame because when actual racism does take place it is often ignored. 
The left, especially during the reign of Barrack Hussein Obama ,set back racial relations at least 60 years and this incessant need for people like you to scream racism about everything has grown old and meaningless,  so STFU until you can say something intelligent. 

Mike

Hopefully he NEVER sees that Clint Eastwood movie GRAN TORINO without a pressure gauge tapped into his head..!!

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
Hopefully he NEVER sees that Clint Eastwood movie GRAN TORINO without a pressure gauge tapped into his head..!!

"GET OFF MY LAWN." 

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2021, 12:45:30 AM »
"GET OFF MY LAWN."

There were so many racial slurs in that movie I never heard before that I need to see the movie a 2nd time just to write them all down..... <=

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2021, 01:45:14 AM »

Mike

y1

Frankly, Gilmore, you obviously have no idea how sick and tired some of us are of hearing that BS.  Can you read at the 2nd grade level?  China is a COUNTRY, NOT A RACE.  Grow up!

And here's yet another very recent example of diluting the term:

https://alphanewsmn.com/police-call-for-apology-after-u-of-m-student-fabricates-account-of-police-misconduct\

You gotta be brain dead to NOT see how ridiculous statements like yours simply reduce the impact of REAL discrimination!

Dennis
 HB~>
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »

y1

Frankly, Gilmore, you obviously have no idea how sick and tired some of us are of hearing that BS.  Can you read at the 2nd grade level?  China is a COUNTRY, NOT A RACE.  Grow up!

And here's yet another very recent example of diluting the term:

https://alphanewsmn.com/police-call-for-apology-after-u-of-m-student-fabricates-account-of-police-misconduct\

You gotta be brain dead to NOT see how ridiculous statements like yours simply reduce the impact of REAL discrimination!

Dennis
 HB~>

Hi Dennis.
Yep, I'll bet Jim never failed to get upset when he heard Trump called ORANGE ORANGUTAN and his followers TRUMPANZEES over and over...[ ::)]

A slur is a slur is a slur but to be honest you only see Liberals acting like little girls about it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 05:04:59 PM by Chuck Matheny »

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »

A slur is a slur is a slur but to be honest you only see Liberals acting like little girls about it.

BINGO! y1

Wayne Willey

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »

I prefer to call it the "Chi-Com Flu" and will not apologize for it. That's where it came from, ya know. Or do you believe everything your Governor and his Aunt tell you to believe?  n1 Steve

Edit: I tried multiple times to watch the video, but it wouldn't work. I'm wondering if it was on YouTube and they took it down for political reasons? Censorship would not surprise me a lot.
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2021, 05:15:58 PM »
Hi guys

Initially, I had been given to believe that this family was in Victoria but they are in Kent, England and responding to Boris' draconian lockdowns.

The dad is a PhD and a lecturer at a university.

They have done more parody adaptions.

Steve, I don't understand why you are having trouble but ask YouTube about the Marsh family. You should get to their musical efforts that way.

There was a time when Boris was the conservative Mayor of London.

Now, he's clear proof of the adage When you get a firm grip on their private parts, the heart and mind soon follow.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2021, 07:45:15 PM »
 Since discovering the Marsh family through this post I've gone to YouTube a few times and watched a bunch of their other parodies. Some fun and pretty clever stuff, and they've all got talent. These days it's just nice to see some light-hearted entertainment that leaves you smiling.  y1

This is a good one...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:03:53 PM by wwwarbird »

Wayne Willey

Offline Mike Danford

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 06:43:55 AM »
I personally love this entire post...

But mostly....

That family is amazing!  Seriously talented!  Bravo!

Tools

Offline Charles Foley

• New Pilot
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2021, 10:41:19 PM »
The Spanish flu of 1918 was the official name for the pandemic  at that time. But the flu we have today was named covid-19 NOT china virus. So Again why use a name that is NOT the name given it unless your basically racist and lazy ? That is a question. So address the question. Why do you and others have to refer to it by the wrong name ? If someone calls you by the wrong name do you correct them or allow then to use sloppy manners and language and NOT use your name? That is what I am asking so please address that. As for where it cane from and where some other modern disease came from they do not call them the American disease ? There is a reason for naming and it has NOTHING to do with the where so much as being descriptive and useful.

The Virus comes from CHINA. Race or Racism has nothing to do with calling it the China virus.  Who designates the "OFICIAL" name? The joke of the World Health Org that American taxpayers support and is in bed with the RACIST CCP? Myself, I prefer to call it the CHICOM Virus, simple and to the point.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2021, 12:53:18 AM »
Back in the old days, we used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." Nowadays seems people need a trophy when graduating high school, and if they don't get it, counseling and a spinner to release stress. Finding adult behavior is getting harder each day.

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2021, 05:15:41 PM »
I have my my point and YOU refuse to accept the facts. Yes the naming system was by origin. I acknowledge that. Your pointing out the change of how things are named as POLITICAL correctness as being a bad thing shows the problem. It's NOT just political correctness! The point is the name is covid 19 and you still refuse to accept the name as IT was given.  You either unwilling to accept change and understand the why things change or have very bad  cognitive dissonance. As for getting out I am confused. Is this not the open forum where discussion happens. If you unwilling to have discussion on topics that you and I have disagreement with then I think you might have cognitive dissonance on what exactly being free to talk is. As i said . If the disease started in NY would you call it NY ? I doubt it you would have called it whatever they named it. aka swine flu or such. 

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »
I have my my point and YOU refuse to accept the facts. Yes the naming system was by origin. I acknowledge that. Your pointing out the change of how things are named as POLITICAL correctness as being a bad thing shows the problem. It's NOT just political correctness! The point is the name is covid 19 and you still refuse to accept the name as IT was given.  You either unwilling to accept change and understand the why things change or have very bad  cognitive dissonance. As for getting out I am confused. Is this not the open forum where discussion happens. If you unwilling to have discussion on topics that you and I have disagreement with then I think you might have cognitive dissonance on what exactly being free to talk is. As i said . If the disease started in NY would you call it NY ? I doubt it you would have called it whatever they named it. aka swine flu or such.

Confirming my comment in Reply #30.  D>K

Wayne Willey

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here