News:

• May 14, 2024, 10:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TF TUTOR  (Read 888 times)

Offline Guy B Jr

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
TF TUTOR
« on: October 22, 2020, 11:08:53 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the Top Flite Tutor set up for an OS FP .20 running a la Brett Buck. This 45" w/s kit looks as if it fits the bill.
Guy Blankinship

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: TF TUTOR
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:52 PM »
Anyone have any experience with the Top Flite Tutor set up for an OS FP .20 running a la Brett Buck. This 45" w/s kit looks as if it fits the bill.

I have used both the airplane and the engine, but not at the same place at the same time. However, you are absolutely correct, it should be a nearly perfect combination. You might want to shorten the nose an inch or so.

Brett

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 07:33:40 PM »
My old and over used original Tutor flew great with a Brodak .40 on muffler pressure and swinging an 11 X 5 prop and sometimes an 11 X 4 narrow blade prop. I put on over 375 flights before it met its end! A real fun flyer and from time to time competitive. Add wing tips and try to keep it light. I have my doubts about the FP .20 but I could be corrected / persuaded to relent I have used this engine on many Ringmasters and Mustangs as in Sterling kits! The Brodak versions fly better because they are lighter!

Phil Spillman

Phil Spillman

Offline Kreth

• Lieutenant
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 06:03:51 PM »
Hi Guy,  Long time since contact.  Arlan my son and I have been flying one for years with a Fox 35.  Should fly just as well with a .20 FP.
Kreth McKee AMA 22004

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here