News:

• June 09, 2024, 12:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/6-7/2012  (Read 14130 times)

Offline John Cralley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/6-7/2012
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »
This year we will hold the 5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon on October 6th and 7th!!

The attached files are for this year's informational flyer. Please download one or both of the files to see the rules and please plan to join us in the largest control line model flying event in the World. There are no entry registrations or fees!!! You just have to fly one or more of the many varieties of the Ringmaster and report via email about your participation.

Last year we had 1505 Ringmaster flights reported and this year the goal is to exceed 2000 Ringmaster flights.

So join us by flying a Ringmaster the first weekend in October and have the satisfaction of knowing you are one of hundreds of control line fliers celebrating our wonderful sport.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
Re: 5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 10/6-7/2012
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »
Tulip Air Corps present and accounted for! H^^
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »
I'll be there!

Uh, I mean I'll be here.

But, I'll be flying.

No, I mean I'll be flying a plane.

Man, this is complicated.  I'm taking a flier and a couple of Ringmasters with me to my RC club's meeting this Saturday, so they can help me figure it out, and to start drumming up interest early.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
Myself, my oldest, Aaron, and possibly his son, Gabe, are hoping to be able to get in a bunch of flights with some Ringmasters.  There will be Ringmaster S-1's, a Baby Ringmaster and possibly a RM 576 and a S-1 lite.  All will be done on whatever ball diamond we can find open and deserted! LOL!!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »
  Indian River Kontrol Society (IRKS), Cocoa.FL CL group will be adding the Fly-a-Thon to the club's events schedule. Please join us, AMA membership required to fly.
Club website:   http://IRKS.org

If you plan to attend and/or fly please let me know. Planning for the event is just starting, details to follow.
Roger Vizioli
IRKS CL    AP^
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:26:43 PM by Roger Vizioli »
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Hey Roger,  I see and understand your reminder that a flier must be an AMA member to fly in the Ringmaster fly-a-thon this October.  I assume that is a requirement at your flying site and/or your club activities.  If that requirement holds true at all fly-a-thon flying sites in October, not only will there be a significant drop in the number of Ringmaster flights recorded, but most bystanders and beginners who might like to try a flight on the vaunted S-1 Ringmaster (or any other Ringmaster offshoot) will be shut out.  Casual onlookers are not likely to be AMA members.   I would hope AMA membership will not be a standard requirement with all clubs and flying groups in the October fly-a-thon, as it will pose a detrement to getting a new record number of flights recorded.  I am an AMA member myself and have been a member (on and off) since 1956. Because of this, I will not be affected, even if the AMA membership rule is universal for all fliers in October.  I might note, however that I do fly outlaw S-1 Ringmasters with the notorious, well known modified stabilizer/elevator mount.  y1    D>K    H^^  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:09:09 PM by Terrence Durrill »

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
Terrence,
Most clubs have a requirement that you must be a AMA member to fly at the club site. We have the same rule at our field. Our rules state that guest are allowed but they must be a AMA member to fly.

The only exception is when we have a open house and it is mostly to introduce people to model aviation. There is an instructor either with a buddy box for RC or a instructor in the circle if we are promoting CL.

Kind of help protects the clubs charter.

Record or not, safety first.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:58:18 PM »
Concerning AMA membership for the Fly-A-Thon, you only need membership if that is the rule at the site where you are flying (or is some cases you can be a guest as noted above).  n1    The AMA does have some sort of trial membership but I think it still costs twenty bucks or so.

The rules state simply: Location: Wherever you are!!

If you are at the local ball diamond, schoolyard, church lawn, your backyard ........ you probably don't need AMA membership.  y1

The Brotherhood of the Ring does NOT require AMA membership to participate in the Fly-A-Thon!!!!  ;D
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
Hey Roger!
If I am in town and schedule permits I will head over with a couple Ringmasters to help you pump up the number of flights.

I'll assume it will be OK to bring a couple non-Ringmasters to fly on one of the circles, might run out of Rings before we run out of time!
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
The Bean Hill flyers will scheduel a club flying event for that time - There is a provision with AMA for club members to hold an Intro-Pilot Lisc.    I believe our club has four members holding that type of lisc.    A new non-AMA member can fly under the AMA rules if one of those people is in the circle with them and keeps the proper record of the flights.   Our group flies at several public events annually where we invite people to try their hand at C/L flying using the Intro-Pilots. 

Dalton H.
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Dwayne

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 08:53:06 AM »
Count me in

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
I am trying to get the TOPCLASS group started early on this.  Last year was just a couple of weeks notice.   Even had some youngsters try their hand in flying.   AMA is not required if you follow safety procedures.   Home owners insurance better be up to date tho.  OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO BE THERE TO FLY.  21st and Urish south of the fir station on west side of street in Topeka KANSAS.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
Hey Roger!
If I am in town and schedule permits I will head over with a couple Ringmasters to help you pump up the number of flights.

I'll assume it will be OK to bring a couple non-Ringmasters to fly on one of the circles, might run out of Rings before we run out of time!

Hi Bill,
It will be good to see you again. I am working the visitor flying vs AMA membership reqmt to maximize our ability to have participants.
Will post when finalized.
Roger V.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »
I would make a suggestion to all clubs that you have some AMA recognized "Intro Pilots" (or whatever it is that the AMA calls them) so that non AMA members can fly with that person in the middle of the circle with them.  Opens up the event to a lot more potential participants.
??
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline BrianW517

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
This year we will hold the 5th Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon on October 6th and 7th!!

The attached files are for this year's informational flyer. Please download one or both of the files to see the rules and please plan to join us in the largest control line model flying event in the World. There are no entry registrations or fees!!! You just have to fly one or more of the many varieties of the Ringmaster and report via email about your participation.

Last year we had 1505 Ringmaster flights reported and this year the goal is to exceed 2000 Ringmaster flights.

So join us by flying a Ringmaster the first weekend in October and have the satisfaction of knowing you are one of hundreds of control line fliers celebrating our wonderful sport.
CME - Concord Model Engineer's will be participating!

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
Thanks Bill!
Take care,
Roger V.

I would make a suggestion to all clubs that you have some AMA recognized "Intro Pilots" (or whatever it is that the AMA calls them) so that non AMA members can fly with that person in the middle of the circle with them.  Opens up the event to a lot more potential participants.
??
Bill
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »
The Knights of the Round Circle will do their part out here in So. Cal.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »
The Brotherhood of the Ring does NOT require AMA membership to participate in the Fly-A-Thon!!!!  

//SNIP//

Can you, JOHN, lend some help to getting onto that highly restrictive Brotherhood of the Ring website?  ???

I have tried so many times. It recognizes my name and password but that stupid "Authorization" does NOT work for me.   HB~>   HB~>

An email to the "administrator" only received a computer generated aanswer that had numbers that the login would not honor.

This kind of stuff as related to toy airplanes really is -- in my opinion -- only some kind of self serving ego builder.  VD~   S?P
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
You have to type it as it shows.   f it still doesn't work, you may have to contact the people in control.    I have mine set so I am logged in as long as I don't delete the history files.    H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »
Can you, JOHN, lend some help to getting onto that highly restrictive Brotherhood of the Ring website?  ???

I have tried so many times. It recognizes my name and password but that stupid "Authorization" does NOT work for me.   HB~>   HB~>

An email to the "administrator" only received a computer generated aanswer that had numbers that the login would not honor.

This kind of stuff as related to toy airplanes really is -- in my opinion -- only some kind of self serving ego builder.  VD~   S?P

Hi Hoss,

I am not sure that I can help since I am not an administrator for the Brotherhood WEB site. I can tell you that we do not want to exclude anyone who is a "real" person (not a Spammer) that is interested in control line models especially Ringmasters. This site is supposed to be a friendly  helpful group of fellow control liners and I am sorry that you are having trouble signing in the the site. Tragically, the entire site was lost last August due to a server crash. The new site (after the crash) has a different login from the old site and persons registered on the old site must register anew on the current site. If that is your problem you should just register again for the current site. However, from your post it sounds to me that you have registered for the current site and just cannot get the login to work. Below, I will try to show what I see when I login. My computer automatically inserts a security code which it has retained (I don't know why and have not bothered to try to correct it -- maybe because I have the "Remember my login" box checked) which is NOT the code that the site wants to see. That code is shown in a box to the right and I just delete the code in the "Verification code" box and type in the code shown in the right hand box. That works for me. If you are typing in the correct code (different every time you log in) and getting blocked you need help from the administrators. In that case just click on the "Contact the administrator" and send Richard Grogan an email outlining your problem. If you cannot get an email to the administrator to work, send me an email and I will forward it to Rich (I have his personal email address). jccrall@frontier.com

Also note the bottom line. You must have your browser set to accept session cookies (which can be deleted at the end of your session)!!!!
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »
Well Hoss,

I am a little disappointed that you have not made it onto the Brotherhood of the Ring forum. I see that you registered back last winter and have not been on the site since then. Maybe you have not had time to try what I suggested above.I would guess the most likely problem is that you have your browser set to reject session cookies.

Has anyone else been experiencing logon problems??

For those of you that are not members of the Brotherhood of the Ring forum you can just go here and register: www.brotherhoodofthering.info

There is a great group of control line modelers the belong to the Brotherhood. All are welcome (except Spammers)!!!!
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
I just checked and between this thread and another (Ringmaster Day??) which has the flyer files, there have been 153 downloads of the files!!!! That is great and is way more than I expected. Looks like we will have a great chance to blow away last year's record as well as to exceed this year's goal of 2000 flights.

Thanks to all that plan to participate --- be sure an have those Ringmasters ready to go that 1st weekend in October!!!

You are again demonstrating what a great bunch of people love to fly control line!!!!!
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Phil Hawkins

• Commander
  • 909 276 0283
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
After several attempts... I have all but given up on the BOTR websight. I registered (in 09) and forgot my password and log in name... really frustrating how complicated it is to join that forum. Oh well... I am sure it's just me.

I am just finishing up an RSM S1 Ringmaster with the MOON Equipt theme. It just so happens that the Moon co. is having their open house this Saturday. I am going to try and make it and get some autographs and pics!

I also am refinishing a S1A plane and will have that one ready and available at Whittier Narrows on the 6th & 7th. I will post pics of both soon.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
After several attempts... I have all but given up on the BOTR websight. I registered (in 09) and forgot my password and log in name... really frustrating how complicated it is to join that forum. Oh well... I am sure it's just me.

Phil,

Not necessarily what you are doing but did you read my post in response to Hoss Cain's question above???

When the site crashed last summer (2011) everything was lost!!! Some really great threads and albums along with everyone's registration!!! This means that you have to register all over again even if yo were a member before. Also it is important that you have your browser set to accept session cookies (which will be deleted when you complete your sign off). As stated on the opening page you must use your real first and last names when you register. However, you can use a different screen name (handle) and hide your real name if you wish. You must have a valid email address and again you do not have to allow anyone (except administrators) to see or use your email address. The administrators will only email you for an important reason. The required logon validation code is to prevent scammers from logging on with an auto program (I don't know if this really works but I can say that I have not received any trash emails that I can link to the Brotherhood site).

Go ahead and register on the new Brotherhood site and enjoy it along with Stunt Hanger and other control line forums.
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Phil Hawkins

• Commander
  • 909 276 0283
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 01:34:57 AM »
Thanks John, I will give it another try...

I did not make it to the Moon Equip open house... too bad I was told Dean Moon Jr. was there.

I may still try and meet up with him before I clear coat. I am really looking forward to Oct 6 & 7

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »
Hi Bill,
It will be good to see you again. I am working the visitor flying vs AMA membership reqmt to maximize our ability to have participants.
Will post when finalized.
Roger V.

Followup:
Discussed the AMA membership requirement with County and our club officials.
Unfortunately, I have to report the following:
   We are flying on county property and the county requires that all flyers have AMA membership to fly at our site. This is a condition of our lease.
Roger Vizioli
IRKS Control Line

Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
If you check  with the AMA, I think there is a one day sanction that for a fee people can sign the form and fly for the day.  Being it is a weekend thing, they would have to pay and sign again to fly for the second day.  For Juniors and Seniors the AMA has a special now.  So I suggest that a person check with AMA Headquarters on this as the Radio Control guys are doing it with buddy cords.  H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 09:36:27 PM »
If you check  with the AMA, I think there is a one day sanction that for a fee people can sign the form and fly for the day.  Being it is a weekend thing, they would have to pay and sign again to fly for the second day.  For Juniors and Seniors the AMA has a special now.  So I suggest that a person check with AMA Headquarters on this as the Radio Control guys are doing it with buddy cords.  H^^

Thanks Doc.
Will show this to the "Decision Makers"
Roger V.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline nathan Metzner

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
Weather permitting I'm sure my father and I will do are part.
Nathan, New guy, Newbie, Youngster, Pleeb, So on and so on

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 08:26:32 AM »
Get your buddies on the handle also with your help. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
BUMP!!

Less than three weeks so get your Ringmasters ready to fly!!!  y1  #^
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
Well looks like Australia is on board big time. Along with Tasmania, Sydney is going for broke. I just go this message from Dennis Percival:

Thank you for your reminder of the RINGMASTER Fly-A-Thon.

In Sydney Australia we are organised and ready for this year's event.

We have about a dozen models built and prepared and a stack of pilots have promised to assist on the day.

Our aim is to exceed 200 flights this year {only about 80 last year}

We can only run the event on the Saturday as we have another serious stunt event at our field on the Sunday.

We have three circles, a dozen models, so we should achieve 220 flights easily!!!

We will do it rain, hail or shine and will email you the results plus pictures possibly on the Saturday night.

Regards from Dennis PERCIVAL. The organiser of the Sydney Australia effort.
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline bob jablonski

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
Looks like my Baby Ringmaster and Beginner Ringmaster will have to be fueled up that weekend (hey I like 1/2 A's)
Bob Jablonski

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »
 HB~>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I put up 7 flights Saturday then read the fine print!!! So, Next Saturday I should have more time anyway! Is there really such a thing as aging gracefully?
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
HB~>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I put up 7 flights Saturday then read the fine print!!! So, Next Saturday I should have more time anyway! Is there really such a thing as aging gracefully?

Brother Randy!

Aging is out of our hands, gracefully is what others may think.............   Me, I have no clue if I am aging "gracefully", but I am glad I am still aging! (beats the alternative right now!)

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
Brother Randy!

Aging is out of our hands, gracefully is what others may think.............   Me, I have no clue if I am aging "gracefully", but I am glad I am still aging! (beats the alternative right now!)

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM

HAHAHAHAH Thanks Brother Bill
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Last call!!

Get your Ringmasters ready because this weekend is the 5th Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon.

Be sure to report your flights to the official email address:
ringmasterflyathon-2012@yahoo.com

The reporting deadline is 12:00 noon EDT Tuesday October 9th!!

Get out, fly and have fun!!!

2000+ flights this year??? It is up to YOU!    y1    #^    #^    #^     D>K    H^^

BY THE WAY WHO IS FLYING IN THE RINGMASTERFLYATHON WITHIN 100 MILES OF KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI?...(Inquiring minds would like to know!)    ???    ???    

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:07:26 PM by Terrence Durrill »

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
There is a control line club in Topeka. I don't know if they are flying or not. Give their contact a shout:

TOPEKA CL ASSN
MELVIN L SCHUETTE   mbschuette@cox.net
PO BOX 240
AUBURN KS 66402-0240
Home Phone: 785/256-2583
Work Phone: 785/221-7042
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »
NVCL has a special Ringmaster flying session tomorrow (Saturday).  Anyone in the area is invited to attend.  We will have extra Ringmasters so everyone gets to fly.

Scott

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 07:25:45 PM »
Looks like Saturday's gonna be a blowout here but Sunday might settle down I hope.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 06:20:46 AM »
Signing off and heading to Topeka.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 03:17:44 PM »
Well I am slowly thawing out eating some ham cubes.   On the way home the temp got up to 47F degrees.   Hopefully a warmer day Sunday.   Melvin Schuette and I took turns.   Melvin was using his stooge when I got there.   Then he started using it after he would launch me and it was fun again doing two up flying.   Hopefully have results Sunday evening.   No pictures on my camera as it got left in the old Ford. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »
I flew one sortie, maybe more tomorrow but I'm NOT a cold weather flyer anymore.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »
Well, McIver Park in Estacada had heavy winds, but we managed to put up eleven flights to match last year's performance.

From left to right in the picture: local flyer Jim Alderson, Tex Newman, and Moi.  Tex is holding the Beginner Ringmaster that I flew last year; we didn't get it into the air this year, but I might tomorrow at the Salem contest.  Jim's plane is built off of Beginner Ringmaster plans that he enlarged about 20%, and is powered by a Norvel 061.  The Ringmaster that I'm holding is from Pat King plans, powered by an FP20.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 06:48:28 PM »
Way to go Tim,

I just got home from the Burlington, IA Club's  Fly-A-Thon. Twas cold with a high in the upper forties but only moderate gusty winds.

There were 60+ flights when I left and more to come. I had a 150 mile drive but it was worth it. I put up 13 flights and Larry Lindburg 17. Rick Bollinger will account for many more than those of Larry and I.   ;D

I'll have the final total tomorrow evening with photos (I hope).
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 10:01:07 PM »
Way to go Tim,

I just got home from the Burlington, IA Club's  Fly-A-Thon. Twas cold with a high in the upper forties but only moderate gusty winds.

There were 60+ flights when I left and more to come. I had a 150 mile drive but it was worth it. I put up 13 flights and Larry Lindburg 17. Rick Bollinger will account for many more than those of Larry and I.   ;D

I'll have the final total tomorrow evening with photos (I hope).

John,
Put me down for another flight.  I forgot to log my last flight.
Had fun today.  A bit nippy though!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 05:43:00 AM »
Hopefully today will be better for all of us.  Getting ready to leave and number one grandaughter wants to go.  She doesn't fly, but I think she wants to get out away from everybody.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline MarcusCordeiro

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • "Never fly faster than your shoulder angel"
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
My penny of contribution:

13 flights between yesterday and today.
Wanted to fly more, but had an engine die on the overhead eight and now I have some repair to do.

Hail Ringmaster!!

Marcus
Live to fly, fly to live
Aces High!

"There's no try. Do or Do not." - Master Yoda

"Wealth and fame, he's ignorant
Action is his reward, look out
Here comes Marcus, man..."

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 11:55:49 AM »
4 flights earch for Watt Moore and Myself, unusually cool fall day, but very good day  flying , Flew from my  pasture / field today, Had to run the horses off for the Ringmaster day .
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »
Marcus, Great to hear that Brazil in flying with us again this year. Sorry about the crash but accidents just seem to happen (I crashed twice yesterday  ;D)

William, Way to go -- Ringmasters take preference over horses this weekend!!  y1
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here