General control line discussion > Open Forum

2024 VSC in Review

<< < (4/4)

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Paul Walker on March 26, 2024, 04:02:31 PM ---Great idea as long as there is a Fox 35 in each!!

--- End quote ---

Mine absolutely is set up for a Fox 35, a late 70's version that has had about ** 40 gallons ** of fuel through it.

it is also set up for a 25FP, of course

Brett

Ted Fancher:

--- Quote from: Brett Buck on March 26, 2024, 03:16:06 PM ---  Yes, build another Nobler. I will finish mine, then we can have Shareen run over both of them!

Brett

--- End quote ---

OUCH!!!!!!

Well, she still has the car so I guess......

Never mind!

Ted Fancher:

--- Quote from: Brett Buck on March 26, 2024, 07:18:07 PM ---   Mine absolutely is set up for a Fox 35, a late 70's version that has had about ** 40 gallons ** of fuel through it.

it is also set up for a 25FP, of course

Brett

--- End quote ---

Some "modern" stunt persons might be surprised at how well a Nobler would fly with that little Fox if, instead of a four stroking Fox 35 with wide blade 10/6 and a pilot whipping every corner, we simply put an appropriate low pitch prop that the Fox could spin at ten grand or so, shrunk the lines by a couple feet and tried again how much different the resulting pattern might be!  That little Nobler would be a different animal if utilized with a modern power train!

i think.....

Ted

I think we've learned a bit since we thought a four stroking fox and a wide blade 10X6 was the last best word for a good pattern!

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: Ted Fancher on March 27, 2024, 04:03:36 PM ---
I think we've learned a bit since we thought a four stroking fox and a wide blade 10X6 was the last best word for a good pattern!

--- End quote ---

The 25FP is *plenty* of power. Taming it down is a bigger problem than "not enough".

Brett

Paul Taylor:

--- Quote from: Jim Hoffman on March 26, 2024, 05:13:39 PM ---Charlie Reeves did attend VSC this year.

He had airplane difficulties before the contest and sat out.  It was wonderful to see him again.

Kudos to Dennis for a fine report

--- End quote ---

Thanks for letting me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version