General control line discussion > Open Forum

2024 F2B World Championships: Be Part of History

(1/4) > >>

Mark Weiss:
This August, following our National Championships, we are hosting the F2 World Championships. In addition to those who qualified for their country's teams, and a host of judges for all four events, the WC takes a lot of volunteers in key roles. This is certainly true in F2B, Precision Aerobatics. Right now, our volunteer team is comprised of:

Mark Weiss: Event Director
Paul Walker: Ass't Event Director
Jim Hoffman: Circle Marshall
John Paris: Circle Marshall
Bruce Jennings: Pull Test Supervisor
Darrell Harvin: Pull Test Supervisor
Steve Smith: Score Sheet Runner
Mark Hughes: Score Sheet Runner
Mark Overmier: Judge, F2B

We need two more volunteers to be our Tabulators, the folks who will be taking the judges score sheets after each flight, and entering each contestants scores into our MATS computer scoring system. Paul and I will help our two Tabulators and our WC CD, Bill Lee, will be holding training sessions on the use of the MATS system for us.

All of our volunteers will receive a per diem expense allowance to help with the cost of food and lodging in Muncie.

We are ramping up right now to get these last two positions filled so we can begin the training program. PLEASE HELP TEAM USA BY VOLUNTEERING TO TAKE THESE LAST TWO POSITIONS. PLEASE!

If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please send me an email or call me.
Mark Weiss' email: ama82824@yahoo.com                  Mobile phone: (302)547-4917

Thank you all!

Be part of history....be part of the action!

Istvan Travnik:
Dear Mark,
If you think on to put onto paperless ( wireless, digital ) base all your scoring system of F2B World Championship, I am ready to connect you with several European organizers. I am sure, they are ready to inform/help you.
Biggest European contests are organized on paperless base in recent years. 
Istvan

Howard Rush:
The reliability of the paperless system used at the 2022 world championships was inadequate for use at a contest.

BillLee:

--- Quote from: Howard Rush on March 24, 2024, 08:30:08 PM ---The reliability of the paperless system used at the 2022 world championships was inadequate for use at a contest.

--- End quote ---
Yes, the reason that we will be using the traditional "write it on paper" method! Always be able to go back and track down any errors. Even print the score sheets on a laser printer so some chance moisture won't affect them.

Paul Smith:
Writing fifteen numbers on a piece of paper within a seven minute time period is not a job that can be improved with a computer.

The hard copy audit trail is priceless and irreplaceable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version