News:

• May 08, 2024, 01:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2023 Nats: 2 months to go......  (Read 489 times)

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
2023 Nats: 2 months to go......
« on: May 09, 2023, 08:13:09 PM »
Everyone,
Things are shaping up well for the Nats with only 2 months left for pilots to get that finish on and rubbed out, practice, trim and practice some more.  It will be here in a blink of an eye.

Attached you will find the schedule for this year and as previously announced, you will see it a little shortened from previous years since we lost the Saturday for finals but I am confident that we can get it in.  I really recommend coming ready to fly with only some minor tuning needed for flying in Muncie.

This year we are going to hold the pilot's meeting in the AMA boardroom (Sunday 3pm) which should hold all of us with appearance judging to take place over at the museum (Sunday 2pm).  Hopefully this will make things easier on the pilots, the airplanes and the staff conducting weigh in and appearance.

One item that I would like to establish in advance of the event is for the Concours d'Elegance award.  We will have the pilots cast their normal votes for their favorite airplane but the winner of the award will be required to have flown one official flight during the qualifying period with that airplane and have received the highest number of votes.  The winner will be announced and recognized at the earliest possible time, after all pilots have flown once or at the end of the second qualifying round.

Mark Weiss has put a lot of time into preparing a special PAMPA banquet for this year.  It is being held early in the event so that maximum participation is possible.  The founding members of PAMPA will be there in celebration of our 50th anniversary and this should be a great opportunity to meet and greet the people who helped shape our event.

Please reach out if there are any questions or comments.

Happy Practicing,
John
John Paris

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here