News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:06:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2023 Agenda A Build Log  (Read 13429 times)

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
2023 Agenda A Build Log
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:34:30 PM »
Guys, time for another build log.  This one will be for my next year's airplane.  It'll be a little different than my usual. This one uses an elliptical wing and stabilizer. 

Here are the specs as designed as of now:

Wing Span = 56"
Wing Area = 628 sqin.
Stab Volume = 26%
Stab/Ele ratio = 58/42
Target weight 56oz.
BadAss 3515-710 motor
Jeti Spin 44 ESC.
Igor Active Time
Igor 12 x 5N 3 blade prop
New Clear 6S 2600MAH Li-Ion Battery

The wing is essentially a Pat Johnston Epiphany 617 wing slightly modified to include clipped tips and and extra 1 1/4  inches added to the root of each panel.  This addition was done to keep the wing area in the 620 or so sqin.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2023 Agenda A Build Log
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 09:38:32 PM »
This reminds me to ask for detail for mounting the landing gear in the wing such as the way Paul Walker does.  I've got the conventional bob Hunt method down, but would like to try another method.  I think Paul uses Titanium landing gear struts?

I'll have to pm.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 09:51:00 PM »
Guys, time for another build log.  This one will be for my next year's airplane.  It'll be a little different than my usual. This one uses an elliptical wing and stabilizer. 
I have seen your plans and it looks great.  PLEASE don't trim it as a Spitfire...please LL~

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 10:17:18 PM »
I have seen your plans and it looks great.  PLEASE don't trim it as a Spitfire...please LL~

Ken

Ken, it won't be a Spitfire.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 10:58:29 PM »
Whew, that was a close one!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2022, 06:56:17 AM »
Hi Crist
Been a long time since one of your excellent build threads.  The new Agenda is a(nother) good looking bird, looking forward to how it turns out.  Thanks also for sharing the Weight & Balance schedule.  I essentially never do one of those, and will be looking to see how that sorts out...
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Guy Markham

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 07:00:56 AM »

Ken
   Do you mean that Spitfire trim has gone "Woke" ?
You only have to floss the teeth you want to keep!

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2022, 07:58:57 AM »
   Do you mean that Spitfire trim has gone "Woke" ?
LL~  No, I fly with Crist and I have a very bad memory from my own Spitfires.  My step-father gave me a Berkley spitfire kit for Christmas when I was 11.  No 11 year old should be allowed within 100' of a berkley kit.  It was a disaster.  Then in my 20's I built a stunter version in a hotel room on Ft. Walton beach while on TDY to Eglin AFB back in the early 70's on a shoestring budget.  It was large, designed for a new Fox 40.  I had nothing but eyeballs to do all of the alignments.  It turned out looking quite nice.  Out TDY ended abruptly, and I had to return to Nellis.  I carried the finished but un-flown Spitfire back to Nellis where I was greeted by a covert deployment to Thailand.  I was in an F-111 squadron.  When I returned 6 months later my still un-flown Spitfire was hanging in my barracks room where I left it with just enough time to get it into storage before heading to Korea for a year.  When I returned from Korea I had to move it from Nellis to Mt. Home Idaho.  No place to fly so it stayed in storage till I was discharged.  Finally got my storage container at my final destination - Dallas.  It was undamaged and joined my Mustang that I had built in Korea (fabulous Hobby Shop with adjoining flying field).  First flight and I had a huge warp that had developed in storage.  It never flew right and it died an ugly death in our attic.  So Spitfires bring back nothing but bad memories but I still think it is one of the most beautiful planes ever!

Ken

AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 08:48:37 AM »
Any chance of moving the canopy aft a bunch?   ::)
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2022, 09:32:56 AM »
That weight and balance sheet is awesome Crist!
Matt Colan

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 11:34:25 AM »
Crist Rigotti build Log threads are one of my favorite things here on Stunthanger! 
Looking forward to watching the build progress.  Always educational.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2022, 12:44:13 PM »
Any chance of moving the canopy aft a bunch?   ::)

There's always a chance.  A small one though.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2022, 12:44:33 PM »
That weight and balance sheet is awesome Crist!

Thanks Matt.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 12:45:31 PM »
Crist Rigotti build Log threads are one of my favorite things here on Stunthanger! 
Looking forward to watching the build progress.  Always educational.

Thanks Brent.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2022, 08:53:27 PM »
I started on the stabilizer today.  I first built the the trailing edge.  I used 2 pieces of 1/4 x 1/2 6# balsa and 1/32 x 1/2 8# balsa for the hinge slots.  After cutting the 1/32 pieces to size I glued them to the bottom half of the TE, using medium CA, up against my 4 foot level to assure it remains straight.  Once cured, the top half was glued on.

Then I added a piece of unidirectional carbon fiber .007" thick to the forward part of the TE using medium CA.

I then laminated 1/4 #6 balsa with 1/32 #6 balsa for the LE edge and tips again using medium CA.  These were then cut to the proper size and angles.  I used my Perma-Grit sanding bar with the piece held off the workbench with a scrap 1/4 balsa.  This assured a nice straight line for the joints.  These were then glued together using thinned Titebond glue.

I then installed the 1/8 #6 pound ribs with a 3/32 hole in each one so the air can escape when Monokoting.  I use some #6 3/32 for the top and bottom sheeting this time.  Nice and beefy!

Once dry I traced the outline and cut and sanded to shape.  This is as far as I can go till the elevators are built.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2022, 09:07:39 PM »
The elevators consist of #6 1/4 balsa and #6 1/32 balsa laminated using slow curing epoxy.  Note that the 1/32 balsa grain is 90 degrees to the top and bottom 1/4 pieces.  This should give me a plywood effect for stiffness.

After I glued the 1/32 balsa together, I laid out the hinge pockets and the elevator horn aluminum tubing locations.  I cut a small slit about 1/16 wide in the 1/32 balsa where the aluminum tube should go and clamped each elevator together and then drilled a #30 hole for the tubing before any gluing was done.

I the traced the locations of the hinge pockets to the 1/4 balsa and used masking tape to keep the epoxy from getting into the hinge pockets.  I used thin CA to glue the tubes in place on bottom 1/4 balsa.  I then applied my epoxy, removed the tape, placed the 1/32 balsa onto the bottom piece and applied epoxy again and put the top 1/4 balsa on.  Then it was weighted down on a flat surface till the morning.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 09:23:37 PM »

Yeah, a red white and blue Spitfire just wouldn't look right.  ;D
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2022, 04:36:47 PM »
Yeah, a red white and blue Spitfire just wouldn't look right.  ;D

Hmmm, depends on what your Agenda is..!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2022, 07:17:40 PM »
Hmmm, depends on what your Agenda is..!

HA, good point!  LL~
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »
Dennis, ya wanna be careful ya know, they are harvesting the corn in our area as you type and you might find yourself in a bin.   VD~ %^@ n1
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 09:12:05 PM »
OK, pretty much finished the stabilizer and elevators.  All that's left to do is some detail sanding just before I cover them in Monokote.

After elevators had cured overnight I sanded the LE flat, installed the elevator horn, positioned them over my plans and marked and trimmed each end.  I then capped the outboard edges with 1/32 basswood using medium CA and the inboard edge with 1/16 basswood to provide a little extra stiffness.  BTW, these elevators are stiff!

Once the elevators were done, I now can taper the thickness of the stab/elevators toward the tip.  The stabilizer/elevators are 17/32 thick and taper to about 3/16 at the tip.  I accomplished the taper by attaching the elevators to the stab and placing them between 2 pieces of 1/2 angle aluminum with 1/32 shim underneath to bring them up to the 17/32.  The aluminum pieces were tapered to give me the proper taper.

The stab/elevator were placed between the "jig" and a sanding bar was made from some 2 x 2 and 80 grit sandpaper.  Some 1/4 "guides" were glued on to "center" the sanding bar over the jig.

I then use this set up to sand in the taper on both sides of the top of the stab/elevators.  I then flipped over the assembly and shimmed up the tip to the proper height.  I then sanded in the bottom taper on both sides.

I then sanded in the "sharp" LE and rounded the TE.  Then went over the entire stab to sand smooth and blend it all together.  I use some 1/32 basswood to line the stab edge where the elevator is to provide some strength but most importantly to give me a crisp edge to Monokote to.  The TE were kept about 1/8 thick.

The stabilizer weighs 37g and both elevators weigh 39g.  The 3/32 elevator horn weighs 8g.  The stabilizer is 27g under budget.  The elevators are 1g under budget.  For a total of 28g under budget so far!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 10:30:48 PM »
I am going to use a fin I had left over from another project and built the rudder.

The rudder is made from 2 pieces of 6# 1/8 and 1 piece of 6# 1/32.  The hinge pockets were cut into the 1/32 sheet.  I made sure that the grain of all 3 pieces were going in different direction to add strength and stiffness to the rudder.  I used medium CA instead of epoxy because I didn't want to wait overnight for the epoxy to cure.  I then trimmed the rudder to shape and glued on a 1/32 basswood cap to the rudder using medium CA.  The rudder was then sanded to shape.  The bottom was left just a little long so it can be matched sanded to the fuselage.

The fin weighs 13g and the rudder 4g.  Between the 2 I'm 12g under budget for a total of 40g under budget so far.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 06:53:41 PM »
Almost 1.5 oz ahead, all in the tail after your first 2 subassemblies - that is a pretty awesome start!  Keep that up you might end up chopping the nose for balance!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »
Almost 1.5 oz ahead, all in the tail after your first 2 subassemblies - that is a pretty awesome start!  Keep that up you might end up chopping the nose for balance!

Yep!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2022, 10:14:52 PM »
Today I started on the flaps.  They are made from 2 pieces of 3/16 balsa 6# and 7# and 1 piece of 6# 1/32 balsa.

These were constructed much the same way as the elevators.  The epoxy is curing over night.  Tomorrow I'll finish them.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2022, 09:14:11 AM »
I finished building the flaps today.

I used some 1/16 basswood along the root and 1/32 basswood at the tip and then tapered both sides to about 1/8 at the T.E and rounded off the LE.  I then sanded in my hinge pockets.

Total weight of the flaps is 73 grams.  7 grams under budget.  So far 47 grams under budget.

I usually build the wing next, but I'm waiting on some Yatsenko demountable landing gear to be made and shipped so I'll start the fuselage next.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 05:15:45 PM by Crist Rigotti »
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 09:41:25 PM »
Started the fuselage today.  I'm using 7# 3/32 balsa with a 1/64 ply doubler.  I had to splice on an extra piece to make the the length.  I used a 7.5# piece of 3/32 balsa for that and made the splice on the front end where it will be doubled up with the 1/64 ply.

I place the sides on the plans and then mark all the cut outs.  I then cut both side out at the same time.  Once that is done, I place them back on the plan with the fuselage tops together and then mark the bulkhead locations.  I then cut out and epoxy glue on the doublers.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2022, 09:38:00 PM »
Fuselage sides are complete and ready to join.

After the glued cured on the doubler it was trimmed and sanded flush, both the battery and elevator horn hatches were installed, the 1/8 square along the bottom was glued in with thin CA, and the tri stock was added to the firewall and forward battery compartment bulkhead.  These were added for extra strength but also for smoother cooling air flow.

I also cut out for the battery disconnect and the ESC switch.

I started on making the bulkheads.  The firewall is made from 1/8 fiberglass that I got from Bob Hunt.  I used 1/64 ply with a 3/32 balsa core assembled with medium CA.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2022, 09:19:13 AM »
A slight redesign.

The front top is only a 1/2 inch higher and the canopy is 7/8 inch higher.  The bottom half stays the same. What do you think?
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Mike Alimov

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2022, 09:28:47 AM »
What do you think?

I think it's a perfect opportunity to move that canopy aft.  >:D

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2022, 09:31:29 AM »
I think it's a perfect opportunity to move that canopy aft.  >:D

LOL!!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2022, 11:57:10 AM »
For what it is worth, I prefer the top one.  Those rounded rudders and fins do nothing for me.  The rounded rudder appears to be a Curtiss trademark and was on almost everything Curtiss built (P-40, Helldiver, C-46, etc.).

The canopy shape and position looks fine to me.

Is that airfoil the "ice cream cone" type?

Online Sina Goudarzi

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2022, 12:02:52 PM »
Crist,
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this building project with us.
it's greatly appreciated.

in my opinion the new fuse version provides a bolder appearance, which offers more visibility on the air for viewers.

sina
Sina

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2022, 12:03:20 PM »
Interesting.  This is one of my latest efforts.  The shape of the fuselage, canopy, and vertical tail is quite similar to your redesign.  Maybe this photo of a completed plane will help you decide.

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2022, 01:22:58 PM »
For what it is worth, I prefer the top one.  Those rounded rudders and fins do nothing for me.  The rounded rudder appears to be a Curtiss trademark and was on almost everything Curtiss built (P-40, Helldiver, C-46, etc.).

The canopy shape and position looks fine to me.

Is that airfoil the "ice cream cone" type?

Yeah it sure is an ice cream cone type.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2022, 01:24:01 PM »
Crist,
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this building project with us.
it's greatly appreciated.

in my opinion the new fuse version provides a bolder appearance, which offers more visibility on the air for viewers.

sina

Sina,
Good to hear from you!
I agree it has a bolder look.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2022, 01:36:30 PM »
A slight redesign.

The front top is only a 1/2 inch higher and the canopy is 7/8 inch higher.  The bottom half stays the same. What do you think?
Hi Crist,

With the elliptical wing, stab and elevators I like the rounded rudder. Any straight line just wouldn’t look right.

Just my 2 cents which is only worth about 1/8 of a cent because of inflation.  LL~

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 02:13:14 PM by Dennis Nunes »

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2022, 01:41:38 PM »
In looking at your changes again I have to remember that it is an elliptical wing.  My first reaction didn't consider that.  Move the canopy back some and you have it.  I would round the rudder bottom just a bit more.  Maybe a taller round one like the Russians are using. This is going to be a really cool airplane but, watching your Agenda fly on Friday makes me wonder if maybe you are making it's backup! LL~

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2022, 02:10:43 PM »
My $.02 worth - combine the two. Fuselage outline of the top with the rounded rudder of the bottom. Curves are beautiful, on planes & women!

Steve

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2022, 06:44:25 PM »
This sort of combines all of the current thoughts.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2022, 06:44:47 PM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions.  I'm looking into what I like best.  Stay tuned!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2022, 06:46:06 PM »

Ken

Yeah, I put the rounded fin/rudder on the new design.  It has merit.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2022, 06:51:43 PM »
I made up the fuselage formers tonight.  I used some 8.5# 1/16 balsa for the formers along with some 3/32 balsa and 1/64 ply for the forward battery bay, and the LE wing former.  All assembled using medium CA and thin CA on the "window frame" formers.

The nose ring is 2 pieces of 1/16 basswood glued with medium CA with the grain 90 degrees to each other.  A 5mm hole was drilled to match the motor shaft when aligning the front end.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2022, 06:57:36 PM »
After the formers were made I framed up the fuselage using my home made jig.

Once all the formers were in place and the tail post was checked for vertical, I glued them in with thin CA.  I then removed the fuselage and went over each side of the former with thin CA again.  The forward battery bay former was then given a coat of medium CA.

I then sanded the top and bottom using 120 grit sandpaper taped to a flat surface.  I then epoxied in the motor firewall.  It has 3 degrees of right thrust and a 1/2 degree of down thrust.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »

Ken

WOW! I like it. I mean I really like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2022, 07:27:15 PM »
After the firewall had cured, I installed the upper battery bay fuselage stiffener.  It was made from 1/8 lite ply.  This keeps the nose nice and rigid.  Thin CA was used.

I then installed the bottom of the battery bay which is also 1/8 lite ply using thin CA.

I then glued in the ESC "cooling tunnel" made up with some scrap 1/16 balsa.  I then sanded them even with the bottom of the fuselage.

Then I installed some 1/16 x 1/4 stiffeners aft of the wing TE along the top of the fuselage.  Minimal weight gain with a lot of stiffness added.

A piece of 3/32 cross grain balsa was added to make up the stabilizer platform.

Then on to the tail wheel mount.  This consists of 2 layers of 1/16 birch ply and a 5/8 long piece of 3/8 square maple motor mount.  After cutting and fitting 1 piece of the 1/16 ply, I found and marked a center line.  I use 5/64 music wire for the tail wheel strut and used a small piece to space the other 1/16 ply pieces.  Then the whole thing was trimmed to size and a 4-40 blind nut was installed that will be used for the retaining screw.  I then rounded off 2 corners of the maple piece and glued it to the plywood at the proper angle.  I then drilled a 3/32 hole through the plywood and maple piece for the strut wire.  Then the assembly was epoxied into position.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2022, 11:55:12 AM »
Afternoon. It's been over a week since any posting. Is everything ok, or did life simply get in the way?

Steve

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »
Afternoon. It's been over a week since any posting. Is everything ok, or did life simply get in the way?

Steve

A small project and some traveling. Will get back at it this week.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Steve Berry

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2022, 05:03:16 PM »
Cool! Always look forward to your build logs. Given the way things go nowadays, just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened to you.

Steve

Online Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 09:50:13 PM »
I started on the molds for the top blocks.

The bulkheads are cut from 1/8 lite ply and the base is some 1/4 cabinet grade ply.  I'll glue in some 2 pound blue foam, then carve them to shape.

Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here