News:

• May 10, 2024, 06:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2023 Agenda A Build Log  (Read 13681 times)

Offline Pat Johnston

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: 2023 Agenda A Build Log
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2023, 11:57:49 AM »
Great to hear the full report, Crist. As far as the “ice cream cone” airfoil goes, it is simply a pure elliptical front with straight lines from the trailing edge tangent to the ellipse. Trim off the back 40% of the ellipse that does not need to play. I think the top secret of this very high lift airfoil is the efficiency of the ellipse. Simply put, the air flows over the airfoil without changes in the rate of change of pressure due to the mathematical properties of the ellipse. Something about calculus stuff, but over 50 years since doing that in college and any possibility of using calculus is way gone. Anyway, I hope this rambling helps.
Pat Johnston
Idaho Skunk Works

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2023, 02:13:12 PM »
Pat,
Thanks for those details and a great designed wing.  Looking forward to more flight testing when the wind goes below 10mph!  It is the windy season here in Texas.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2023, 04:01:22 PM »
Nice Plane Crist,
A couple of questions
What kind and size spinner are U using. And are they available in a pusher?

Thanks.
Darrell Harvin
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2023, 09:15:02 PM »
Nice Plane Crist,
A couple of questions
What kind and size spinner are U using. And are they available in a pusher?

Thanks.
Darrell Harvin

Its a 2 1/4 inch spinner and I get them from Aliexpress uncut.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832516429488.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.99.33be1802FJFBHj&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2023, 09:30:31 PM »
Over the last few days I finally got around to sanding, rubbing out, and waxing the Agenda.  It shined up real nice.  I haven't flown it much over the past month due to the Texas winds and family stuff.
The weather is starting to turn more toward flying weather and looking to get many flights on her before the Nats.
I added the trip strips on the wing and vortex generators this evening.
All up weight is 55.7 ounces.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2023, 01:58:32 PM »
Went flying today.  Wind was calm to light and variable.

I crashed the Agenda!  It was the 4th flight of the day.  I've been backing up and still got a few nasty bumps.  The crash happened after the 3rd inside loop.  I hit my wake turbulence and pancaked it in.  It's very fixable.  I'll get started on it right away. 

One thing for sure.  Igor's props are hollow!  See the pics.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2023, 02:32:35 PM »
Very sorry to see that, it's great that you can fix it.  I could have let you know that the props are hollow and saved you that experience :)
Fred

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2023, 02:45:22 PM »
Very sorry to see that, it's great that you can fix it.  I could have let you know that the props are hollow and saved you that experience :)
I had just left Crist at the field when this happened.  The last thing we did was discuss the prop.  Theory was that he pumped the hollow space with helium.  It is all my fault he crashed.  Endgame had a hissy fit and wouldn't arm.  We gave up on it and I had to leave.  If I had flown, his flights would have been in a nice breeze.  He has to fix it.  It is too good a plane to sit in the shop.

ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2023, 05:18:55 PM »
It's all fixed a couple of weeks ago. Gained an ounce.
Been working on trim issues.  It is flying better than ever!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Online Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2023, 06:52:58 PM »
Great to hear that you are back in the air.
Fred

Offline Geoff Goodworth

• Captain
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2023, 07:25:26 PM »
Christ, is the Weight and Balance table a spreadsheet that you could share with us?

For those talking about Spitfires, there was a Mk XVI with full wing tips some years back that was painted like a Mk XIV that was used in air races at Blackpool shortly after WW2.

It was finished in silver with red stripes and was the subject of a book called Spitfires and Polished Metal. It was also the subject of a detailed walk around in Flying Scale Models. Its code number was TD 248.

It upset the purists in Britain something wicked because the particular squadron never used Mk XVIs and the aircraft that was painted in the colour scheme was a Mk XIV.

The restoration was paid for by a self-made British millionaire and I always figured that since he was paying the bills, he could paint it as he wished.

The original restorer sold the airplane in the late 2000s and after a bit of maintenance by Historic Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford, it was repainted in camo colours.

I saw the airplane at Duxford in 2010 and I thought it rather intriguing that the squadron numbers the new owner chose were not authentic for the particular aircraft but that was acceptable to the purists.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2023, 08:35:19 PM »
Christ, is the Weight and Balance table a spreadsheet that you could share with us?

For those talking about Spitfires, there was a Mk XVI with full wing tips some years back that was painted like a Mk XIV that was used in air races at Blackpool shortly after WW2.

It was finished in silver with red stripes and was the subject of a book called Spitfires and Polished Metal. It was also the subject of a detailed walk around in Flying Scale Models. Its code number was TD 248.

It upset the purists in Britain something wicked because the particular squadron never used Mk XVIs and the aircraft that was painted in the colour scheme was a Mk XIV.

The restoration was paid for by a self-made British millionaire and I always figured that since he was paying the bills, he could paint it as he wished.

The original restorer sold the airplane in the late 2000s and after a bit of maintenance by Historic Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford, it was repainted in camo colours.

I saw the airplane at Duxford in 2010 and I thought it rather intriguing that the squadron numbers the new owner chose were not authentic for the particular aircraft but that was acceptable to the purists.

The OP has my Weight and Balance Sheet
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here