News:

• April 23, 2024, 03:44:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2022 Nats-Registration  (Read 1189 times)

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
2022 Nats-Registration
« on: May 08, 2022, 04:35:43 PM »
Everyone,
I was over at the AMA website and have finally figured out how to see who was registered (under the Nats event and then Event Info and Registrants) to get an idea of who is coming.  One thing that I have not seen is the call to registration published in Model Aviation as it was in the distant past.  One of the items that I had some concern over was the late registration penalty.  Does not seem to be in effect as of yet but the information that Yolanda had sent earlier suggested that there would be one as of 1 May 22 and no refunds after 15 May 22.  Also there are no paper forms for the event that I can find as in year's past.  From some of the notes on the website, I believe the order of business is to call Yolanda if there are issues, from the website:

Please call Yolanda Jones at 800-435-9262 x261 she can assist you in getting registered in multiple disciplines

Please get over and register as I believe it helps determine how many of the trophies that the AMA will supply.  Also get in touch with Michele Lee if you would like to donate to the trophy fund.

John
John Paris

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: 2022 Nats-Registration
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 05:10:03 PM »
Everyone,
I was over at the AMA website and have finally figured out how to see who was registered (under the Nats event and then Event Info and Registrants) to get an idea of who is coming.  One thing that I have not seen is the call to registration published in Model Aviation as it was in the distant past.  One of the items that I had some concern over was the late registration penalty.  Does not seem to be in effect as of yet but the information that Yolanda had sent earlier suggested that there would be one as of 1 May 22 and no refunds after 15 May 22.  Also there are no paper forms for the event that I can find as in year's past.  From some of the notes on the website, I believe the order of business is to call Yolanda if there are issues, from the website:

Please call Yolanda Jones at 800-435-9262 x261 she can assist you in getting registered in multiple disciplines

Please get over and register as I believe it helps determine how many of the trophies that the AMA will supply.  Also get in touch with Michele Lee if you would like to donate to the trophy fund.

John

NATS cutoff times are usually June 15.

Brett

Offline Leonard Bourel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 04:44:21 PM »
I cant seem to find the link to register online and cant find a form anywhere.  I keep getting sent in an endless loop between the event info and the registration for the control line aerobatics page does not have anything about actually registering for the event.  Please help!

Len & Naomi

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »
A more direct line to Yolanda,  765 287 1256. Ext. 261
Blessings

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 08:37:56 PM »
I cant seem to find the link to register online and cant find a form anywhere.  I keep getting sent in an endless loop between the event info and the registration for the control line aerobatics page does not have anything about actually registering for the event.  Please help!

Len & Naomi

Len,
I have struggled a bit with the new format of the website as well.  You can try the following:

-Go to modelaircraft.org
-Hover the mouse over Events and move the mouse down to the Nats and click
-Scroll down to find the PAMPA logo and click
-You should be on a Control Line Precision Aerobatics page, scroll down to find the Registor button and click
-You will be taken to a Nats 2022 Control Line Precision Aerobatics page, scroll down to find the Log in to Register button, click
-Hopefully you have a log in and password for your AMA account-use it to log in
-You will be taken to the Nats 2022 Control Line Precision Aerobatics page, scroll down to find the Register User To The Event button, click
-You should now be on a page that will allow you to register to the different events offered
-Select those events that you wish to enter.  As long as you are flying either Advanced or Open, you can fly the Classic, N30 or OTS events without paying additional fees to the AMA but you will need to pay the fees for the event at the event.
-Once you have selected what you would like to fly, click on the Checkout and Pay button
-Confirm that what you have registered for shows up and continue the check out process.  I hope it is pretty straight forward as I have not needed to go that far into the process

Not as straightforward as I would have liked, but it is what it is.

Good luck and feel free to give me a call if you still have issues.

Allen's advice regarding the direct number for Yolanda might help.

John
John Paris

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »

Len & Naomi

I am not sure what the problem might be, but go here:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/events/nats-2022-control-line-precision-aerobatics

There is a link to "register user to this event". If you are logged in, it knows it's you, if you are not logged in, you will have to. Then, just keep scrolling down to the bottom for registration links.

You should not feel bad about not being able to figure it out, as web design goes, it's classic spaghetti code.

It was typically convoluted, but more-or-less if you keep selecting the links that show up in orange boxes, you will get there.

I found it harder to find the current registered entries - it is under "results" for 2022, but without being The Amazing Kreskin, good luck figuring that out on your own. Here is the link to the 322 entries:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/events/322-precision-aerobatics-20

You can see the other events here:

https://www.modelaircraft.org/nats-search?field_event_session_type=268&year=2022

Brett

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »
Brett,
Thank you for the direct link.  I have struggled with pasting a hyperlink properly within these threads so relied on the navigate through the website method.  Hopefully Len got himself entered.
John

John Paris

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 07:59:07 PM »
Brett,
Thank you for the direct link.  I have struggled with pasting a hyperlink properly within these threads so relied on the navigate through the website method.  Hopefully Len got himself entered.
John

You're welcome!  Anybody might be forgiven for not finding the link, because it's not a simple process.

Brett

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 01:46:37 PM »
Registered last night! Looking forward to another great week! Hopefully this time there’s a little less wind!
Matt Colan

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 07:21:07 PM »
Matt,
Good to hear.  Will see what we get for weather this year.  Always a crapshoot.  See you there.
John
John Paris

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 06:53:54 PM »
As far as I can tell, it is basically impossible for a non-AMA member to register.
First step is to log in. Despite having the new "affiliate" AMA membership that MAAC members need, it does not allow me to log in.

If you look at the comments on the main NATS page, even if you do manage to log in, it also seems not to let you enter multiple events/categories.

Ain't progress great!
MAAC 8177

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 05:33:17 PM »
This is a total goat rope.  I log in, try to register and keep getting a loop where it just refreshes the page without going anywhere.
Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here