News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zinger Wood Props source?  (Read 523 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Zinger Wood Props source?
« on: June 30, 2021, 08:01:45 AM »
Does anyone know if Zinger is still making there wood prop line? I have gone to their website and they show all the props but there is no way to order them. I tried the email and it gets kick back. I like the Zingers as a great kit prop as there is lots of material to reshape.

Best,   DennisT

Online Jim Svitko

• Captain
Re: Zinger Wood Props source?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 09:15:21 AM »
Zinger is no longer in business.  I can't verify this but I heard family members did not want to continue after the death of the founder of the company.

You might try the MECOA website.  At one time, they still had a bunch of Zingers but it has been a long time since I looked at that to see what was available.

You are right about the Zingers being a pretty good prop kit.  In stock form, they are terrible.  But, when reworked, they can be made to perform quite well, if you know what you are doing.  The issue here is time.  Is it worth the effort?  I say it is if this is the only way to get what you want.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Zinger Wood Props source?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 12:12:30 PM »
     Yes, Zingalli ( or whatever his last name was ) closed the business in order to retire and then was killed in an airplane crash afterwards. Lots of them out there still, so you may put out a want add for the sizes that you need. I only use them for the initial flights on new airplanes in case I have a problem so I won't break a good prop, and then when the serious trimming starts I put on something better.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here