News:

• April 24, 2024, 03:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2021 Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Phil Spillman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
2021 Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon
« on: October 01, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »
I am having trouble getting to the Brotherhood of the Ring Site! Would someone please give the correct web address for the site? I have a bunch of friends who are planning to fly ringmasters this weekend and I would like to register our totals with the group to get included in the count! Please help!

Many thanks!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
Re: 2021 Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »
This is the only connection I have seen.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RingmasterFlyAThon/permalink/3940263535997575

The silence is eerie

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 06:54:53 PM »
Phils,
You can register your flights and get information at:

https://ringmasterflyathon.com/

My friend in South Korea has 16 in the book already, but he is 14 hours ahead of us....  Have fun.  I have 8 ready for tomorrow myself.

John
John Paris

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 08:03:04 PM »
The Thunderbird Model Airplane Club in Brisbane Australia.
150+ flights and still counting!
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 12:04:36 AM »
Nothing from the old DOC again this year.  Was in Emergency room most of the day. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 06:54:45 AM »
Doc,
Feel better soon. You are on the pray list. I miss it also, still getting over Chemo treatment can't stand for long periods. We will both get them next year!!

Best,   DennisT

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 08:34:48 AM »
Many Thanks, John and John! Great to hear from both or you again! We'll be logging more flights today and perhaps next week due to the travel plans of one of our guys and will post those then. We, the WAMS (Williamsburg Areo Modelers Society) flew a bunch yester with all sorts of Ringmasters  and power, will tally more today, then post!

Tally Hoi!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Yesterday the well-worn Ringmaster/Brodak 25 combo came off the wall after a long hiatus. All was in readiness for the quick start and Linda Bob executed a perfect hand launch, only to watch the plane settle slowly to the grass. However, a long takeoff roll ensued and the ship finally became airborne. A tad too rich, obviously. The grass wasn't as high as previously thought, and all takeoffs thereafter were normal utilizing a properly adjusted needle. (All landings, however, were the zero-rollout/flip type).

Today we'll see more Ringmaster flights here at home for inclusion in the Global Fly-a-Thon.

A big, no, HUGE, Thank You! to all involved in bringing the Fly-a-thon to life (John Cralley especially). We have here a global gathering of countries with global agreement to enjoy! How rare is that?

dale g
 aka Ol'Dad

Day 2
The wind's pickin' up, gotta' hurry! Bert, our new Lab, is learning to count laps. She already counts laps in her water bowl. Smart dawg.

Need help to make pics upright...Bert suggested clicking on the picture...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 10:54:38 AM by dale gleason »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 10:30:53 PM »
Way to go Ole Dad.  Retirement must be good, you look younger or the remembrance when Ringmasters ruled the skies, H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 07:03:07 AM »
Great pictures, looks like a great day. I will get out soon and my rebuilt electric Ringmaster is coming together.

MM, tape the hinge line, does wonders for a Ringmaster.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
I currently have no Ringmaster, but I wore my Inspector 2, Assembly Line 5 shirt at the Salem contest yesterday and showed everybody my Baby Ringmaster kit from the Meat & Meet.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Mike Greb

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 03:33:12 PM »
Put in one flight Sunday.  The Testers McCoy series 21 .19 started first flip and ran strong.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 05:06:23 AM »
Hello We were not allowed out to fly with our stay at home lock-down orders here in NZ so our family flew at home here in Kakanui and put in 82 flights. Ran out of fuel in the end as I could not get all my fuel ingredients so flew a small electric Beginner Ringmaster with power down the lines using an 18volt drill for the handle, speed control and battery.

Regards Gerald

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 09:30:03 AM »
The Williamsburg Aero Modeling Society (WAMS) posted 18 flights on Saturday and 4 more on Sunday, October 2 and 3. Our array of Ringmasters ranged from an S1 built in 1976, a Junior Ringmaster powered by an OS.10S, to a Super Ringmaster enlarged to 120% of original! We were joined by 8 additional
flyers. Our field had been mowed on Wednesday by the Park people so conditions were ideal!

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2021, 04:51:45 PM »
Graig Beswick-
Re Thunderbirds club Ringmasters.
     Craig we're hearing rumours across this side of the ditch that your Ringmasters have gone nuclear? Even more scary- we suspect you guys have been training up wallabies and dingos to fly the bloody things? Can you either confirm or deny?
PS It's true that Kiwis invented the Pavlova AND the Lamington Cake!

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 08:37:04 PM »
Hello John,
absolutely no truth to the rumors regarding the origin of Pavlovas, Lamingtons, Peach Melba, Anzac biscuits, Russell Crowe, Crowded House or Split Ends. All full blooded Aussies!

As New Zealand is a defacto 7th state of Australia, I think it is fair to say anything that may, in the future, emerge from New Zealand is also therefore Australian!

Wallabies yes, very handy having a pouch, but they are limited to about 20 laps getting too dizzy. Dingo's are a little more scarce and tend to shy away from the suburbs.

The Thunderbirds club does indeed make a day of the Ringmaster event. We normally fly from 9 to 12 on a Sunday but Ringmaster day tends to go on until 3 or 4pm. Unlike normal days Ringmaster day has the boys lining up to fly.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 02:06:46 PM »
Craig
Hey thanks for the reply. I was surprised at the speed of it, you guys must have electricity over there now in Queensland! I see with interest you diggers have stooped even lower than wallabies and dingos with kangaroos too !! Yup "Roo" on your pilot's record - there in black and white mate! Wallabies getting giddy after 20 laps! How they they last soooooo long? I fall over after 5. You guys obviously drink before you fly!!

Craig you probably already know this ( Most Aussies I know know everything, like my wife from Sydney!) New Zealand was once part of NSW, but you guys started pinching all our stuff - so we broke away without a war and had one of our own.( The land wars) This NZ/Aussie stuff basically started with Aussie copying our flag but putting white stars on yours instead of our red. However, the guy who counted the stars made a mistake adding one more to yours! Ha. NZ had it's national flag before Australia. True!!

Seriously, if we ever break this bugger of a plaque I'll come and join you at the next Ringmasterathon and shake an few paws and have a cold one with some of your flight crew. I love that rain forest and coral reef. The seafood grub and beer ( we make better wine-burp! hic) ain't half bad either Cobber. PS I'll bring a special container with me to bring home the stuffed statue of Phar Lap.

Till then

Tight lines mate
John

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi John,
yes all absolutely true. Only problem is the door only seems one way with migration. Much easier for NZ to to re join the Union😀.

You should come over for the next Ringmaster. Afterwards we can go up to Cairns, I lived there before moving to Brisbane in 2017. Beautiful place, miss it.

All the best

Craig

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 04:44:39 PM »
WOW! 140 flights and 9 pilots.  Way to go NACA of Huntsville Alabama.   Had great weather Saturday October 2, 2021.  Got rained out Sunday October 3.   Did a makeup day on Sunday October 10, 2021.  Again had great weather.  The core of the whole operation was my E-Ringmaster 576 equipped with an RC  throttle.  Ronnie Thompson actually was flying the pattern with his S1 Ringmaster.  Saturday Oct 2 Mike and Sam Londke flew some combat with two S1 Ringmasters.

All in all had a lot of fun.    #^    #^    #^    #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »
John Rist & Huntsville Guys
Great photo of you guys and your steads. It's great seeing a photo of
young hansom guys from Alabama like us here in Auckland NZ right down to the last detail, including that folding legs table - except we tend to fly on grass. There is something bigger than the sport/hobby during the Ringmaster Flyathon weekend, it's a realisation that clubs and individuals all round the world are flying a ringmaster just like you. The Brotherhood of the Ring is certainly alive and well. Hmmmm Q. I wonder if the Earth's rate of spin changes over that weekend? Ha   <=

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 10:10:53 PM »
It is great we have people taking up the slack for those of us who couldn't get out.   Ringmaster's rule! H^^ #^ #^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here