News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2020 King Orange International is now a go . . . for now  (Read 682 times)

Offline Stuntflyn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
2020 King Orange International is now a go . . . for now
« on: August 29, 2020, 07:34:01 AM »
The 2020 King Orange International is now a go on October 23rd, 24th and 25th in McAlpin, Florida. Thins will be a bit different this year due to the pandemic. Wayne and I have attended one contest this year in Canton, Georgia which was a great success. The modelers behaved responsibly and followed the Government and CDC guidelines. It is just a matter of respect to your fellow man. There are those among us who work closely or are in contact with the very elderly.

This thing isn't going away any time soon, so behaving responsibly and respecting your fellow man who may not be in the same position as you is about the best anyone can do.

For these reasons, we have decided to move forward with this years contest. For more information and free access to helpful files, please see the Events Section on this forum for more information.

Wayne & Jim Smith

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
Re: 2020 King Orange International- New Files
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
Our friend Doug Peterson just pointed out that there was an error in one of the dates. I checked and found that to be true, so I have uploaded the corrected files. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rjaasfFAvsh4Bf0tIlfv4DNTOcOLDLk8?usp=sharing

You can also find this in the events section.

Thanks Dougie !!

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2020 King Orange International is now a go . . . for now
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 05:36:58 AM »
Will they have the same scoring procedures as last year?
Adding scores of both flights to determine final score.

Bob Z.

Online bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 09:07:54 AM »
Bob, i think thats the plan
rad racer

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:13:43 PM »
Scoring is the same as last year. Three attempts to make two official flights. Scored flights are averaged together to  determine winner, just like Top Twenty Day at the AMA Nationals.

Better eat your wheaties and strap it on. Make sure your stuff is working and reliable or you will suffer greatly.

Jim

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here