News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2018 Nats Online Registration  (Read 785 times)

Offline BillCalkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
2018 Nats Online Registration
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »
AMA has added Online Registration for all National events. Check it out here: http://www.modelaircraft.org/nats2018

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2018 Nats Online Registration
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:29:37 AM »
This morning I got signed up on the website.  Just a couple things to mention.
I made a mistake and had to call Yolonda to straighten out.  You need to look at the page very carefully.  For Aerobatics there is always a general Nats entry fee of $45 PLUS an event fee of $45 for a total of $90.  I failed to see the general entry fee and the system let me go ahead and just pay the one $45 event fee and finish.  She was about to call me when I reached out to her about it.  Try not to goof it up like I did. 

Secondly I found the hotel situation hard already-especially that last weekend.  There must be the Iron Man thing going again.  The prices are insane and availability tough.Had to stay at the Days Inn for eight days but got one of the last rooms at the Baymont for the last night at $173.00.If you haven't got yours done DO IT TODAY!

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »
To bad we don't have college dorms like we used to. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 12:26:30 PM »
This morning I got signed up on the website.  Just a couple things to mention.
I made a mistake and had to call Yolonda to straighten out.  You need to look at the page very carefully.  For Aerobatics there is always a general Nats entry fee of $45 PLUS an event fee of $45 for a total of $90.  I failed to see the general entry fee and the system let me go ahead and just pay the one $45 event fee and finish.  She was about to call me when I reached out to her about it.  Try not to goof it up like I did. 

Secondly I found the hotel situation hard already-especially that last weekend.  There must be the Iron Man thing going again.  The prices are insane and availability tough.Had to stay at the Days Inn for eight days but got one of the last rooms at the Baymont for the last night at $173.00.If you haven't got yours done DO IT TODAY!

Dave

What day were you checking out?  I just signed up for the Baymont today, but I am checking out Sat morning.  The dude on the phone didn't mention any issues.
Steve

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »
Steve I sort of forgot exactly how it went but I think I called the Baymont directly.  I said something about AMA and the guy gave me a price that seemed pretty high.  He said I should go through Priceline or hotels dot com etc., and I'd get a better price.  I tried that and got a little better price but availability issues some nights.  Went to Days Inn for the first eight days-much better price-but they were booked solid the last weekend.  Had to go back and pay the bandit for the last night at the Baymont.  Had tried another (Holiday Inn?) and they were booked solid.  I too am checking out Saturday.

Only 124 days till the pilots meeting......!!!

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »
I called Baymont directly today $76.00 per night (10 more than last year  :-[ ).  The Ironman thing is on Saturday the 14th.

I called the Holiday Inn but the AMA rate the front desk quoted me is $90.00 a night which is starting to get way up there for Muncie.
Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here