News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2018 Nats Coverage  (Read 19649 times)

Eric Viglione

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2018 Nats Coverage
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »
Congrats to David on the Open win and congrats to all the finalists. Looks like you will have some fun with both a Jr & Sr this year for a change David, look forward to seeing those scores too.

Also, I want to give a big shout out to Derek Barry who made a huge come-back to place 2nd. But that is a story that he should be allowed to tell when the time is right.

Way to man up Derek!!!! You had an AMAZING week!
EricV

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2018, 09:45:57 AM »
   Good job on the play by play again this year Dave.  For me, who sometimes can't sit by the computer all the time and watch any streaming, it's a good , quick way to catch up on the action, and you have done it well. Maybe time to sell any stock you have in AT&T???? y1  MAybe better next year.
   Congrats to the finalists and the winners!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline SteveMoon

• 2013 Supporter
  • Captain
    • www.ultrahobbyproducts.com
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
Y'all just about got those 600s!!

Offline Bruce Shipp

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2018, 10:36:48 AM »
Great coverage.  Made for an enjoyable rainy Saturday morning.

Does anyone have appearance points for the top five?

Thanks

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
Yes thanks for what the guys have done keeping us old F***s informed.   Now every one have a safe trip home. 

Hey Bruce send some of the rain back to KANSAS. LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »
Y'all just about got those 600s!!

By gosh!  Derek was right.  Nobody can score 600!    n1 n1 y1

Great job guys.  Congrats to my buddy since he wuzza baby (well, almost) David and way to go to Derek for pushing him.  Huge week for Chris in the "Big Shew" and solidly predictable performances from the boys from the Pacific N.W. Stunt Country Clubs.  Sounds like an exciting day...as usual in Muncie in July.

Great big thank you to Dave for the play by play.  I guess you had nothing else to do, Dave...right?

Ted

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2018, 11:35:47 AM »
Chris had a 20 pointer in appearance, (and the concourse) Howard and Paul had 19's, don't remember Dave's for sure but believe it, too was a 19, and definitely don't remember Derek's, so I'll let him catch you up on that score.  Like I said earlier, the "crop" was a dandy bunch of beautiful ships.  There was a double row of 18's!
I counted the concourse votes and there were at least seven or eight different planes voted for.  But...Chris's votes far outnumbered the closest rival.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2018, 11:39:57 AM »
Great coverage.  Made for an enjoyable rainy Saturday morning.

Does anyone have appearance points for the top five?

Thanks

Chris Cox 20, with Paul, Howard & David at 19. Not sure about Derek, since he had to use his backup plane. I dunno if his primary plane's wing folded before or after appearance judging.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
Derek's folded before appearance judging.  What a shame, but his back up was no slouch.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
Derek's folded before appearance judging.  What a shame, but his back up was no slouch.
Neither was his flying!  Thanks Sparky for giving us this great coverage.  Almost as good as being there (almost).

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »
Big thanks to Mr. Dave....It definitely is very much appreciated by us "Stay at Homes"...!!!! H^^ H^^ H^^ H^^

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2018, 12:09:03 PM »
Congarts to the top 5 great job. Wish I was there.

Gordy

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Congratulations to David F. and all the guys who worked so hard in the Top 5.

I guess that ancient IC stuff of David's is still competitive...HUH!?  When are the rest of you guys gonn'a revert back?    LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2018, 02:38:21 PM »

Chris Cox 20, with Paul, Howard & David at 19. Not sure about Derek, since he had to use his backup plane. I dunno if his primary plane's wing folded before or after appearance judging.  D>K Steve

D B's plane got 17
AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »
By gosh!  Derek was right.  Nobody can score 600!    n1 n1 y1

If you want to break 600 you gotta fly a Ringmaster...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:07:20 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2018, 08:54:01 PM »
Dan, Ted, Bruce, Randy and all Thank You.  I feel I've had more content in the past but indeed, my plate was full.  With the help of Gene Martine phovetos, I will present a Nats article in the next Stunt News....Stay tuned....What? Not a member?......:-)).  Just arrived back in KC.  Dave F. was last seen passing me at the Illinois border........Congrats to him!

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Stuntflyn

• Lieutenant
Re: 2018 Nats Coverage - Appearance Judging
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2018, 09:35:05 PM »
Wayne and I had to leave this year afterTop Twenty qualifications (work was beckoning me home :(

These photos are the Advanced and Open aircraft at Appearance Judging. I didn't get much time at the Classic events, but they had some beautiful planes there as well. Scoreboards are the Final Results from Qualifying for Advanced and Open, which are the last I saw there.

Here is a link where you can download the photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv1tqnokgbfo6a9/2018%20Nats.zip?dl=0

I believe you do have to have a free Dropbox account to download these files. You get two gigs of cloud space with the free offer. You can sign up below and then come back and click the link above:

https://www.dropbox.com/

If you don't want Dropbox, I can not easily get the photos to you because of their size.

Hope everyone enjoys them. It was a great Nats as usual and so nice to see all of our friends once again.

If you have never come to the Muncie Nationals for C/L Precision Aerobatics, you really don't know what you are missing. To see such high quality builders and flyers all in one place is an opportunity not to be lost. Everyone displays a great sense of family and you have never seen such a group of people so willing to help. This year my friend Paul Walker gave Ben Mills his older Impact/Bad News jet-like stunter for Ben to keep. That memory will stay with Ben for all his days. Just a great time and congratulations to all the pilots, judges, administrators, field workers, PAMPA and AMA for a job well done.

I am sorry if I did not get a photo of your plane or know who the builder was. Please reply if you want me to add your name to the aircraft and I will post those here separately.

Jim Smith

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: 2018 Nats Coverage - Appearance Judging
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2018, 12:33:15 AM »
Marvelous Pictures . thanks .  H^^

Wayne and I had to leave this year afterTop Twenty qualifications (work was beckoning me home :(

These photos are the Advanced and Open aircraft at Appearance Judging. I didn't get much time at the Classic events, but they had some beautiful planes there as well. Scoreboards are the Final Results from Qualifying for Advanced and Open, which are the last I saw there.

Here is a link where you can download the photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv1tqnokgbfo6a9/2018%20Nats.zip?dl=0

I believe you do have to have a free Dropbox account to download these files. You get two gigs of cloud space with the free offer. You can sign up below and then come back and click the link above:

https://www.dropbox.com/

If you don't want Dropbox, I can not easily get the photos to you because of their size.

Hope everyone enjoys them. It was a great Nats as usual and so nice to see all of our friends once again.

If you have never come to the Muncie Nationals for C/L Precision Aerobatics, you really don't know what you are missing. To see such high quality builders and flyers all in one place is an opportunity not to be lost. Everyone displays a great sense of family and you have never seen such a group of people so willing to help. This year my friend Paul Walker gave Ben Mills his older Impact/Bad News jet-like stunter for Ben to keep. That memory will stay with Ben for all his days. Just a great time and congratulations to all the pilots, judges, administrators, field workers, PAMPA and AMA for a job well done.

I am sorry if I did not get a photo of your plane or know who the builder was. Please reply if you want me to add your name to the aircraft and I will post those here separately.

Jim Smith

Online Joe Bowman

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2018, 04:55:41 AM »
Thanks Dave for all your hard work.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2018, 05:56:17 AM »
Thank You  Joe!  We missed you.  Good luck to you and Jason at the FF Nats!  See ya in Tulsa.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #271 on: July 16, 2018, 06:40:35 AM »
Dave,

It was good seeing you this past week.  Thanks for being the Assistant ED and doing this post.  See ya in Paducah.

James
AMA 491167

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2018, 07:32:17 AM »
Thank you James.  You came to fly and did well!  Yes we'll see you in Paducah.  Kevin is worked up to go-made hotel reservations a month ago.
AMA 20934

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Yes, a very big thank you to Dave. You went above and beyond what you usually do, which is a lot. I know everyone who couldn't be there appreciated the updates and pictures, and those of us that were there appreciated all of your, and the rest of the crew's hard work. It wouldn't be a contest without an ED, assistant ED, tabulators, pull testers, and judges.

Derek

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2018, 05:34:13 PM »
Thank You Derek,  and congrats again!  We had a few rough spots and made a couple mistakes but with a lot of help we made it happen.  I want to publicly THANK John Hill, Frank Williams, Howard Rush, Walter Hicks, Denny Adamisin for technical help and logistics.  I also want to shout out the Pit Bosses Jeff Traxler and Ty Marcucci for sitting out in the heat and keeping those pits rolling and on schedule.  Just 51 weeks left till the 2019 Nats.........
AMA 20934

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here