News:

• June 09, 2024, 10:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Google Map of Woodland Davis  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Heman Lee

• AeroManiacs
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
    • AeroManiacs
Google Map of Woodland Davis
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »
Hey Gang,

I looks like Google Map got an aerial shot of us at our last flying session.  It must have been sometime in Aug or Sept after we put in the petromat runways.  From the cars it look like myself, Lewis and Cleon Lingwood and Pete Cunha.

I only few about 3 times last year and the group only meets either in some Friday and Sunday from 9a-12n.

http://goo.gl/maps/4cbu7

Heman Lee

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
Re: Google Map of Woodland Davis
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:14:53 AM »
From the looks of the pic someone parked a trailer right where I like to park my MH for the Meet 'n Meat! OK Heman, go move it!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Brian

PS: Missed your sorry butt at the Golden State; hope to see you at the NWR.
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:36 PM »
Hey Gang,

I looks like Google Map got an aerial shot of us at our last flying session.  It must have been sometime in Aug or Sept after we put in the petromat runways.  From the cars it look like myself, Lewis and Cleon Lingwood and Pete Cunha.

I only few about 3 times last year and the group only meets either in some Friday and Sunday from 9a-12n.

Heman Lee

Heman, can you give me details about the Petromat Runways. Looks like something we could use on our grass circle.
Thanks
Wayne Buran
Northcoast Contrliners
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:21:59 AM »
Hey Gang,

Heman Lee

David was caught flying on the Napa circle on the older Google maps satellite picture, but they have since changed it  to an aerial picture and no one is there.

Brett

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:44:22 AM »

David was caught flying on the Napa circle on the older Google maps satellite picture, but they have since changed it  to an aerial picture and no one is there.

Brett

Actually Brett, that was not a Google image.
Word had gotten out that Dave had been developing some sort of RPG devise for launching Fox ,15's. When the NSA caught wind of this they had positioned their birds to keep an eye on Mr. Fitz.
However, when the rules were cleared up on this matter, Dave gave up on this hair brained scheme and the NSA dropped their investigation.
Somebody needs to keep an eye on this guy.

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 01:48:00 AM »
Somebody needs to keep an eye on this guy.

Every second of the day.

Brett

Offline Wade Bognuda

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 12:42:48 PM »
Rice, rice and more rice !!!

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
You guys think it's just you.  The Google image of our circle at the Auburn airport showed a Skyraiders contest in progress.  Now they've blanked it out.  My van used to be in the picture of our Arlington circle.  Gone.  Something funny is happening.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
>> I suspect it has something to do with Helmick.<<

He was probably making an obscene gesture at the satellite.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 01:56:49 PM »
Note to others: Randy quoted the Helmick bit from the post above before I edited it out of caution.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
Note to others: Randy quoted the Helmick bit from the post above before I edited it out of caution.

No problemo, Senior Howard. We'll have to see about Randy...(I must be mellowing as I approach senility)

I looked at Google and MapQuest Satellite, to see what's going on at Scobee Field. Google had the C-45/Beech 18 parked in the middle of our flying circle, and some red things along the fence that looked like maybe red sun shades.  MapQuest showed airplanes parked where they are supposed to be. I went by a few days ago and found nothing out of the ordinary, more like MapQuest. Some peeps like Google Maps better than MapQuest, but I don't know why.
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here