News:

• June 17, 2024, 12:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My new design for the NATS  (Read 1736 times)

steven yampolsky

• Trade Count: (0)
My new design for the NATS
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »
http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=132

I am not sure about 20 points on appearance but I can pretty much guarantee 5 foot turn radius

LL~

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
Re: My new design for the NATS
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=132

I am not sure about 20 points on appearance but I can pretty much guarantee 5 foot turn radius

LL~

As much as I don't like flies.. it's a bad idea.  I tends to agree with Tigranes's reply below..

Edit:
Taken from the response at the bottom of the link:  http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=132

Quote:
"  Tigranes (Monday, 25 Feb 2013) Reply
That is just sick and cruel. Gluing Flies as engines. How do you know that they are happy?! They will die as soon as they realize they cannot move. They have their own lives they have to attend to. This is just wrong. Everything that lives and breathes has a life and feelings. They should not be tampered with for your own sick and cruel twisted ways. Leave them alone. Believe it or not, ALL living things feel pain. Not just us "Superior beings. "
Good God  "
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:45:36 PM by Joe Yau »

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:33:49 PM »
If you place a dab of Cow poop on the match head you'll increase the performance of your engines.
Kinda like adding nitro. It might even do a loop!
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Mike Lauerman

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
Fly it over a field of 600 wet-or-dry. (dry) Makes for a spectacular explosion on landing...

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
OK, y'all are sick.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »
Steve....I think you mean GNATS

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »
That IS sick, I'm calling P.E.T.A.!
Mike

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
Jeez, I was just reading the topic and scrolled back up, only to find "Tigranes" post had vanished! Good job, Mr. Moderator! Justice should be swift and sure. H^^ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Mike - I wouldn't cal PETA if I were you.  The Red Tailed Hawk "incident" may come back to haunt you!

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »
It's really not a good idea to even type it (peetah) into a post, because nutbags will find your post in a Google Search and find their way here. We don't need that. Seriously.   mw~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 05:27:20 PM »
Oh, GOODIE!  Bring 'em on!  Anything to keep this place politically correct! 
Mike

Mike Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
Who is Tigranes? 

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »
See the bottom of Joe Yau's post in the quote box. Obviously a peetah type, the post was deleted...see my first post. It is really NOT a good idea to type out "peetah" correctly in a post. They are a pain in the butt on fishing forums. Just more work for the moderators. Do not reply to any peetah posts, just notify the moderators to delete them. PM's work for that.  H^^ Steve

PS: Better to give houseflys the thrill of teamwork and fellowship of model aviation than to just squash them like a friggin' bug, but either works for me!

Online Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »
Or we could just leave the flies to their life on a pile of dog poop.
I've gotta believe that the airplane scenario is a better life!

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
See the bottom of Joe Yau's post in the quote box. Obviously a peetah type, the post was deleted...see my first post. It is really NOT a good idea to type out "peetah" correctly in a post. They are a pain in the butt on fishing forums. Just more work for the moderators. Do not reply to any peetah posts, just notify the moderators to delete them. PM's work for that.  H^^ Steve

Steve,

The post is still there..  y1   It's at the bottom of the link.  http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=132

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »
Joe...read my post again, referring to the bottom of your post...the quote of "Tigranes". That should fill you in on what you're missing. I can't draw a diagram on here. I think it would be a good idea to delete the whole topic, frankly.  H^^ Steve

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 11:56:56 PM »
Joe...read my post again, referring to the bottom of your post...the quote of "Tigranes". That should fill you in on what you're missing. I can't draw a diagram on here. I think it would be a good idea to delete the whole topic, frankly.  H^^ Steve

I've edited the first post above for clarity.   not too sure what you meant by peetah tho..  ???

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:16 AM »
; )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) heheheh :D: D:)

Looks perfect ;P but i am afraid engines will burn too fast ;P )))

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
I've edited the first post above for clarity.   not too sure what you meant by peetah tho..  ???

People Eating Tasty Animals. If they don't like the fly airplane, they REALLY wouldn't want to know anything about what we used to do with WD40, a lighter, and a wasp's nest.

Brett

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

People Eating Tasty Animals. If they don't like the fly airplane, they REALLY wouldn't want to know anything about what we used to do with WD40, a lighter, and a wasp's nest.

Brett

Probably real similar to what we did with the giant beattles in Japan, but with naptha.  The smell was a little odd though.
Mike

Offline Dick Pacini

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:11 PM »
Tossing Alka Seltzer tablets in the air near a flock of seagulls always had interesting results.  >:D

As far as the matchstick plane, one could always glue maggots on the wings and wait a couple of days.
AMA 62221

Once, twice, three times a lady.  Four times and she does it for a living.  "You want me on that wall.  You need me on that wall."

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 10:31:06 PM »
Tossing Alka Seltzer tablets in the air near a flock of seagulls always had interesting results.  >:D

No, it's not as interesting as you might expect.

As far as the matchstick plane, one could always glue maggots on the wings and wait a couple of days.

The people complaining about the fly-powered airplane are same the ones who were, just today, discovered to have poisoned or gassed no fewer than "1,647 cats and dogs last year and only placed 19 in new homes" at their Virginia HQ shelter. I bet you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting - all the dead cats.

The consequences are not important, as long as they have good intentions. Not like those awful people who enslave houseflies with no concern for their emotional health.

Brett

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here