News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:01:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 World Champs  (Read 23578 times)

Offline Derek Barry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: 2012 World Champs
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2012, 04:22:46 AM »
I'm certainly enjoying seeing all the photo's of the various planes in the pits.

Its refreshing to see the classic timeless art of

Building

design

painting

Commerce

Hasn't been lost.

Nailed it!

Derek

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
    I would suggest that the references to "F2B" be removed, and replaced with "Precision Aerobatics" since there will be little opportunity for US judges to meet the qualifications in an actual F2B contest. I can name a  dozen judges off the top of my head that I would consider qualified to do a World Champs that have likely never judged in an FAI contest. 95% of the work is identical, and it would take about 4 flights to translate 10-40 into 0-10.

Brett

Excellent idea, Brett. May I suggest you turn it into a formal proposal, perhpas using the term "Control Line Precision Aerobatics". via the US rep within the F2 Subcommittee?

rgds, Peter
Peter Germann

Offline Robert-Jan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
I'm certainly enjoying seeing all the photo's of the various planes in the pits.

Its refreshing to see the classic timeless art of

Building

design

painting

Commerce

Hasn't been lost.

This is the glorious vision of the future in the eyes of the anti-BOM crew. Cashing checks for $5000 for a months work, that is.

Brett

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:55 AM »
   This is the glorious vision of the future in the eyes of the anti-BOM crew. Cashing checks for $5000 for a months work, that is.

Brett

Then we can go ahead and adopt the FAI platform, you see how well that is working right now...

Derek

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »
Then we can go ahead and adopt the FAI platform, you see how well that is working right now...

Derek

Then retire the Walker Trophy. 

It's all coming together. 
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »
There was mention of the world cup earlier in this thread.  Can someone enlighten me on what that is?  Is that just a different name used for the F2b World Championships?
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 09:38:29 AM »
You guys are making way to much noise.

I only see BOM compliance here.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
There was mention of the world cup earlier in this thread.  Can someone enlighten me on what that is?  Is that just a different name used for the F2b World Championships?

Hello Doug, let me see if I can explain:
The "World Cup" is a contest format introduced by the FAI in 1995 and exist for almost every aeromodelling category, and it is flown all over the world, mainly in Europe. This contest has nothing to do with the World Championships but, generally, the country that hosts a World Championship organize a World Cup contest as well prior to the WCH.
The World Cup format awards only individuals, not teams.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Claudio.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »
Hi guys,
Here you have the World Champs results from the first two flights:

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »
Thanks Claudio..

Those results paint a picture of TERRIBLE conditions to fly in............or the Judging is tough.

Would be great if someone at the contest chimes in with a wind speed meter........

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
You guys are making way to much noise.

I only see BOM compliance here.

BUT, that is a BADASS plane!!
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »
Thanks Claudio.  That makes sense now.
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »

The EU NATs!

We have actually considered holding a World Cup event at our Golden State event, so far that has not happened, however. That's the *only* way it's ever going to happen here, I suspect - attach it to an existing local contest and hold it in lieu of Expert.

Brett

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »
Thanks Claudio.

Same here, Looking at the full flight order answered my question earlier in the post. All I can say is Wow that is a shame!  :'(
Later,
Evolve or get left behind!

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2012, 10:47:13 AM »

Your'e welcome Doug.
One more thing: anyone with a FAI sporting license is entitled to enter in a World Cup event. No trials or any kind of previous selection is required.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30:50 AM »
"I'm tellin you guys, this thing is in Igor's backyard, and he down, big time for the win".

One more time with feeling. y1
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:05:48 PM by proparc »
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »
I don't care WHO built that plane. That ships ROCKS!!!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
Thanks Claudio..

Those results paint a picture of TERRIBLE conditions to fly in............or the Judging is tough.

Would be great if someone at the contest chimes in with a wind speed meter........

Hi PJ, good to see you.
Agree. It seems that BOTH factors are there: tough judging AND nasty winds.
In any case, I wonder what happened to David Fitzgerald (so far...) his scores are abnormally low for a first class contestant like him.
We shall see....

Regards,
Claudio.

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2012, 11:46:24 AM »
I don't care WHO built that plane. That ships ROCKS!!!

Yeah. That plane keeps me drooling every time I see it. Another of Yatsenko's masterpieces.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
Your'e welcome Doug.
One more thing: anyone with a FAI sporting license is entitled to enter in a World Cup event. No trials or any kind of previous selection is required.

That's essentially what stopped us from having the World Cup - there are about 3 likely contestants with FAI sporting licenses in the US. I am not sure why we don't have reciprocal agreements with the FAI like we do with MAAC, etc.

Brett

Offline Claudio Chacon

• Captain
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
   That's essentially what stopped us from having the World Cup - there are about 3 likely contestants with FAI sporting licenses in the US. I am not sure why we don't have reciprocal agreements with the FAI like we do with MAAC, etc.

Brett

Hi Brett,
It's pretty easy to get a FAI sporting license. The respective country's NAC (National Airsports Control, the AMA in your case) must fill in a simple form requesting the license and send it to the CIAM.
We held five World Cup contests so far down here and never had a problem with those licenses.

Regards,
Claudio.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 02:37:36 PM by Claudio Chacon »

Offline Igor

• Ensign
  • Hopak 2006
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »

Same here, Looking at the full flight order answered my question earlier in the post. All I can say is Wow that is a shame!  :'(
God idea about W. Cup on Golden State, Brett! First time I 'm hearing about this. Obviously idea was born at " Pipe Land " .
Igor Panchenko

Offline Igor

• Ensign
  • Hopak 2006
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
I guess you all ready have seen this results better format; PDF. Bulgaria web site finally posted. I've been thinking , that their server is down, nobody have been taking care about update of info on their Website. I think, Dave's flight went trough very strong wind, like Renecle has explained.Let's cross our fingers for our two other guys! They have made their entry in Finals.

http://www.f2abcd.com/results.php
Igor Panchenko

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
Thank you, Igor.  Very interesting results!  Guess we will just have to wait and see how the conditions and judging hold up.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
Yeah, I noticed a certain, ah, similarity of design, let's say.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
Hi Brett,
It's pretty easy to get a FAI sporting license. The respective country's NAC (National Airsports Control, the AMA in your case) must fill in a simple form requesting the license and send it to the CIAM.
We held five World Cup contests so far down here and never had a problem with those licenses.

Regards,
Claudio.

Actually, in the U.S., AMA simply issues the license. It is NOT the standard AMA license but rather a separate card.

Competition is moving along. Weather on Tuesday was much better than Monday: winds were down, sunny all day and pleasant temperature. Today (Wednesday), it will be even less wind but the temperature getting back into the 90's.

Bill
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »
Many thanks, Bill ..... definitely appreciate your updates.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »
Hi Brett,

Oh, I know it's easy to get, I have had one one and off for 30+ years. What I think would not be well-received is having to pay an extra $$25 $50 or whatever it currently might be, just to fly in one contest. It wouldn't bother me but I know it would bother other likely entrants.

What I meant by a reciprocal agreement is like we have with our brothers from the Great White North, AKA America Jr. AKA Canada. If some of those lovable toque-wearing hosers  come to an AMA contest, their MAAC License is recognized and they can enter using that and not buy an AMA license. Likewise if some of us overbearing surfer types go up to Canada to fly in their contests, we show our AMA cards and we don't have to join the MAAC. Or at least that is what it used to be.

The idea was little more than a passing thought, but if we are ever going to have a World Cup I expect it will be attached to an existing big contest like Golden State or the NWR.

Brett

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:33 PM »
Competition is moving along. Weather on Tuesday was much better than Monday: winds were down, sunny all day and pleasant temperature. Today (Wednesday), it will be even less wind but the temperature getting back into the 90's.

Go Team!!!
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
I see Ping Pong is still in the top ten. Surprise surprise.

Derek

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 09:52:14 AM »
It has been noted that judging in world competitions is different than in US contests. Don't know if it is just that they look for different things or something else, but it seems to be different.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
Good to see Konstantine Bajaikine from Team Canada made 15th place.  

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 10:24:59 AM »
Still awaiting final scores from qualifying.
All the US team knows that Paul is ahead of Dave who us ahead of Orestes. Hopefully all 3 will make the finals.
Paul W

And no Igor, I didn't have an 1121 :):)

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »
Good to see Konstantine Bajaikine from Team Canada made 15th place.  

Based on what?

So far, all I can find on the "official" listing is the results of the first two of the four qualifying flights.

After the qualifying flights are finished, the best flight from each of the two circles are totaled for each pilot.  Then the top 15 go to the finals rounds, best two of three flights.  Placement of 16th and below is based on the best two flight total from the qualifying rounds.

Based on what Paul just posted, David definitely has a chance of making the top 15.

It sort of looks like David is experiencing his "Hex on David" week that he has had for many of his WC appearances.  If the wind is blowing, he will get more than his share.  If the wind is not blowing, he will still have "difficult" air or just the amount of rain to not stop official flying somewhere in his flight.  Or if there is a barricade near a circle where he is flying, he will be the only one of 90 pilots who will run into it and clip off a portion of his outboard wing.  I wish him well as well as Paul and Orestes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:07:01 AM by Trostle »

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
Still awaiting final scores from qualifying.
All the US team knows that Paul is ahead of Dave who us ahead of Orestes. Hopefully all 3 will make the finals.
Paul W

And no Igor, I didn't have an 1121 :):)

I have my fingers crossed for all 3 of you. Good Luck!

Derek

Offline Joe Yau

• AMA Member
  • Captain
    • My CLPA Channel
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
Based on what?

So far, all I can find on the "official" listing is the results of the first two of the four qualifying flights.

Hi Keith,

I just meant on the 1st 2 round of qualifying..  will see what happens in the next 2.

Offline Igor

• Ensign
  • Hopak 2006
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2012, 11:44:59 AM »
It has been noted that judging in world competitions is different than in US contests. Don't know if it is just that they look for different things or something else, but it seems to be different.!

Agree!  They  do not see the model  in many cases before flight , they  do not looking for behavior of pilot , before, during the flight, and after. There some advantages and disadvantages in their point of , how the flight supposed to look like. There all so many  similar things with American school of  judging too. If you judge ? and your friend flying .... there you go. It is every where more or less around  the world. I've heard many times here in US;   -  " It is How I see it! "    Some times I wanted immediately ask question :  "Can you able to see" ? Than, think for second and thinking myself :  if I would be on the judge place ; would I be the different ? It is All ways has been subject of discussion. It is like Metric and Imperial. I would use forums community to study of interest of creating electronic judge . To help with judging question. It is mowing fast in our life. And we have Electronic software and hardware Engineers in our community. Only those people can help. I think Electronic judge can solve many problems, think about learning aspect of it ? Have light weight  , sensor can be installed on the surface of model,  as sticker. Will simplify contest to organize, imaging you we can have contest all most every week end , fast tabulations, you can se the numbers right after maneuver has been finished. I think it can increase interest of yang generation to what we do , since they so close around of electronic too. Skills judging : can be integrated in to the score tabulation too. For example: as average;  from entire pilots vote for each model from 0-10. Or pilots meeting decide to have two judges for skills score to generate, for each model. for example clubs they using equipment like that on the contests can post individual scores in PAMPA. This obviously  can effect to Team Trials and traveling of  people around contests. of course there will be many issues on the way of that, but we may able to work around those. I think this dream could became as reality with community to help. I would concentrate on that and look for investment, rather than infinity of discussion around BOM, and Loosing interest  of yang people to it , economic problems , time problems, etc.  
Igor Panchenko

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 11:56:15 AM »
Igor,

I wasn't commenting on it being better or worse. Just different.

And I think the Worlds are a good example of what happens when there is no BOM concern; you end up with 2 or 3 designs that are built by others and it tends to be an ARF-off. Again, not a comment on good or bad. But it is very different.

OH, and good luck to Paul, David and Orestes! I wish them good flying weather.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2012, 12:25:38 PM »
Randy,
How many of any single model are entered? I disagree about the BOM comment. The top fliers still build, finish and trim there own. They all feel they have the secret to success (you have to to put in the effort that is needed to fly at that level). There isn't even a dominate motor/engine type.

Best,          DennisT

Offline Igor

• Ensign
  • Hopak 2006
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »
Bulgarians Have not updated with finals yet. This results are still on their web site.
http://www.f2abcd.com/results.php

I see Dave is not there. But Paul and Orestes are in. I keep my fingers crossing. And Yes!  Randy, unfortunately  no RCM and Brodak kits out there no Rabee designs and other.
I disagree about "Tree designs" contest about. look at the pictures from some our Meets. You may see 10 models out of 15 in category are look the same with small differences.
W/ Champ is different, because there are no Patriots there. You probably do not drive GM car, I do. They have been taking , what they think is better, reliable, comparative, easier and  the more promisible. Unfortunately in many times do not pay much attention about future aspects of our hobby. But we have selected two candidates for our future President of US too.  
Igor Panchenko

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Randy,
How many of any single model are entered? I disagree about the BOM comment. The top fliers still build, finish and trim there own. They all feel they have the secret to success (you have to to put in the effort that is needed to fly at that level). There isn't even a dominate motor/engine type.

Best,          DennisT

Sorry Dennis but I have been to a word champs and there is most certainly a Dominate Plane, motor/engine type. There must have been 20 sharks entered, 10-15 classics, and 5-8 Extra 300s. There are still some people that build for themselves but they are from the US and a few other countries.

Derek

P.S. This is not about the BOM, it is about our team kicking ass!

Offline Tania Uzunova

• Commander
  • It's something more about gravity ...
    • www.indoorgeebee.com
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
Ok, so on finals...tomorrow goes

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
There may be a lot of Sharks but, those Sharks do look smoking hot. y1
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #^

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:58 PM »
Congrats to the US winning the team gold! If these results are official. CLP** CLP** AP^ (PE**) (PE**)
Later,

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
One of the members of the Chinese Team rolls with a Saito big block. Does anyone know if he is in here? He flies a big red stunter.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Darkstar1

• Commander
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
And a shout out to Bene making it also.  H^^ (PE**)
Later,

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Great job guys!!!! Good luck tomorrow in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  #^ #^ #^
Matt Colan

Offline Doug Moon