News:

• April 19, 2024, 09:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2021 CLPA US National Championships  (Read 12113 times)

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: 2021 CLPA US National Championships
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2021, 07:14:51 AM »
The Skool moved my last contracted work day to 18 June instead of 21 June, so I registered online for the Nats last night. Should get there Sunday afternoon.
Steve

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2021, 06:09:23 PM »
SUPER Steve!  See ya soon.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2021, 07:12:10 AM »
Some of us will arrive the weekend before the Nats begins.  On Sunday will be the Beginners and Intermediate events on the grass circles.  Mike Stinson will be running Beginner (and has made a gorgeous PAMPA Concours trophy once again).  Mike thinks he will need some help with score tabulation and perhaps some other help.  If you are flying other events later in the week but will be one of the many spectators for Beginner and Intermediate (more spectators for these events than anything else all week)  and would like to help please report to Mike by or before Sunday morning.

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2021, 07:16:22 AM »
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2021, 06:16:15 AM »
To whet the appetite:
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2021, 06:21:33 AM »
I was loading data into the Nats programming and thought you might like to see over my shoulder.  These are the entries to date but i'm pretty sure we will have a few more to add before the Monday meeting.  ALSO this is only a TRIAL RUN and does not represent any actual circle assignment or flight order that will occur Nats week.  These are practice runs..........maybe FANTASY STUNT?

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2021, 09:04:09 PM »
Dave,

A couple of comments.  The group letters are missing in the group circle assignment box in the top center of the picture.  Also, despite all of the assurances that he is registered, Mike Scott's name is still absent.

Joe

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »
The group letters are missing in the group circle assignment box in the top center of the picture. 

That is the next step in Dave's practice run.  It comes just after assigning flight orders. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2021, 10:43:08 PM »
To whet the appetite:

Can I start whining about my circle and draws now, or should I wait until I get there?  I would hate to think someone else started whining ahead of me.

Brett

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2021, 05:02:33 AM »
Can I start whining about my circle and draws now, or should I wait until I get there?  I would hate to think someone else started whining ahead of me.

Brett
I'll offer cheese with your whine at the proper time...

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2021, 05:08:29 AM »
Dave,

A couple of comments.  The group letters are missing in the group circle assignment box in the top center of the picture.  Also, despite all of the assurances that he is registered, Mike Scott's name is still absent.

Joe
Joe Thanks for pointing this out.  It will all be corrected and a number of additional LATE entries will be entered at check in.  At this point my info came from the AMA website which isn't always up to date.  It may be missing more AND I know of a few entries who have not done so yet.   We will have to cut off late entries at noon Monday in order to get the last data loaded on schedule.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline M. Scott

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2021, 07:14:56 PM »
Just so you are aware Dave, I entered on April 15, so I am not a late entry. I talked to Yolanda and she said I was entered
and they have a new guy doing some of the data entry work and sometimes he misses it.
Mike

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2021, 05:28:19 AM »
Mike I sort of presumed there were some not listed on the website in a timely way.  Yesterday Yolanda forwarded me HER list and I updated the software.  With what I 'think' I know about an entry cancellation or two we now have 36 in Open and 31 in Advanced.  These are pre-covid numbers.  We usually still have an entry or two at the last minute.  She also sent numbers for UNOFFICIAL event pre-entries but I don't have much faith in that since quite a few enter those events upon arrival.  Even so, Classic was a LLOONNGG list-and I still haven't entered!

Look forward to seeing you!

Dave
AMA 20934

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2021, 08:32:28 AM »
In the next few days I will start a clean thread to begin Nats coverage.  One last thing for this one-  We are urgently needing another one or two to help with data/score entry at the tabulation trailer.  We will show you what to do-don't worry about not having worked this before.  If you are somewhat computer savvy and can handle a calculator your help will be appreciated.  Wives, students etc., would be a good fit.  This will be from Wednesday through Saturday morning.

Thank You!

The Management
AMA 20934

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2021, 05:48:46 PM »
Dave is not kidding about urgency.  He has two (2) people signed up to tabulate.  One is going despite medical problems.  The other serves as her husband's helper and coach.  Typically we have at least three people tabulating: two entering data nonstop for four days and one keeping scoresheets organized, resolving computer issues, and updating the scoreboard.  We really should have more than two people entering data so the others can get some breaks, hence the difficulty in recruiting data entry people for subsequent Nats.   

Judging is another problem.  Dave has been beating the bushes for judges.  One dropped out yesterday.  Dave has an emergency plan to recruit Advanced guys to judge Open and Open guys to judge Advanced.  Sounds good, but there are devils in the details. Suppose one circle has an Open guy--me, for example-- judging Advanced and an Advanced guy--call him Igor--judging Open.  On a given qualifications day, I judge Igor, then he judges me, then I judge Igor, then he judges me.  You suppose that could raise some eyebrows?  What if it gets windy and I want to see if I have enough score to scratch the second round?  Judges can't look at the scoreboard. 

For qualifications rounds, I reckon we'd have to recruit fliers from circles 1 and 3 to judge on circles 2 and 4 and vice versa.  The tabulation program can accommodate this with a workaround, I think, but there are still a couple of problems:  1) We'd be waiting for one circle to finish a half round before starting the next half round in another circle.  This could cause three delays per circle per day and push the contest further into each day's unpredictable June weather.  2) Open and Advanced judge volunteers must be in pairs. How do you propose manipulating the seeding to make those who volunteered to judge come out in pairs?

Top-20 day will also be problematic.  This is a big Nats.  Looks like there will be 20 guys in each event flying Friday.  Typically we use four circles simultaneously, putting Advanced on two and Open on two.  We have eight judges currently signed up.  That's two per circle.  At the highest levels of stunt it takes five or six judges to rank fliers accurately enough.  You could supplement the two per circle with contestant-judges who didn't qualify for the top 20 and recruit more trained nonqualifiers on the spot.  Alternatively, you could either hold up the contest each time a qualifying contestant-judge flies or lump everybody on two circles, having the day run twice as long and having each judge look at 40 flights.

Please consider volunteering to judge at the Nats.  It's not too late. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here