News:

• May 23, 2024, 08:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Anyone Else Having This Problem??  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
'Anyone Else Having This Problem??
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
This problem started sporadically a while ago, but now happens with every post or edit that I try. When I have typed to the bottom of the editing window (not always much typing, if I quote someone), the view reverts to the top of my page, so that I cannot see what I'm typing. I have to scroll down to set the the cursor and then type blind, as the view flicks up as soon as I hit a key. Then I scroll down to see what I've written and reset the cursor to edit any typos. This makes things very difficult for a typing klutz like me.

This doesn't happen anywhere else I post. Can anyone suggest a cure?

Thanks

SK

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: 'Anyone Else Having This Problem??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:10:44 AM »
Hi Serge

Click on the Page tab and  use the compatibilty mode, if your using MicroSofts  Browser

Randy

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »
Randy-

Thanks much! That seems to have fixed it; I tried a test and was able to type past the bottom. I had not noticed that that tool bar had diisappeared and was unaware of the compatability mode preference. Once I found it, the problem was solved. Great!

SK

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »
I've done that, too, but also had a very similar problem with dying batteries in my wireless keyboard. The wireless mouse is also a P.I.T.A., as is the wireless modem. K.I.S.S. works on computers, too! "Just because it can be done, doesn't mean that it should be done."  Quote: Me, several years ago!  LL~ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here