News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ***The Youtube you all have been waiting for. Mike and Dan 2 PT-19's *****  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Mike Palko and Dan Banjock took two PT-19 ARF’s and put on a show. You have to forgive the guy behind the camera. It is hard to watch and film at the same time.
What a great show these to guys put on for us. I can not wait to see what they have in store for next year.

PS- I have been working for months to get this video. Man I need to break down and buy some new video equipment. Or at least a new DVD burner. Might have to sell off some hobby stuff to fund the video projects. Nah…

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGNu4Wb5cpU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGNu4Wb5cpU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: ***The Youtube you all have been waiting for. Mike and Dan 2 PT-19's *****
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
You should have seen them Sunday!

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »
Nice video paul!  I'll be waiting for the rest of the brodak videos, if you put them on Youtube.
Matt Colan

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
Hey Matt,
I have some of your flight. I will try and get it up in the next few days..... stay tuned.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
Hey Matt,
I have some of your flight. I will try and get it up in the next few days..... stay tuned.

ok, I will.  I do remembe you saying after one of my flights that it will probably be on Youtube.

Matt Colan

Offline Neal Beekman

• AMA65006 (Neal B.)
  • Commander
  • Neal Beekman (AMA65006)
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
Mike & Dan have a little work ahead of them , a little crash at Palasades park this weekend.
Neal Beekman

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 03:40:17 PM »
Mike & Dan have a little work ahead of them , a little crash at Palasades park this weekend.

Hey Neal,
You guys need to figure out a way to setup a webcam at the field so we can watch those clowns at work.... LL~ LL~ LL~

You can use one of Mike's batteries to power everything. <=
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »
           I have to admit its gut wrenching to see when things go south. The days events were going great and a bit of simultaneous pattern flying was surely in order. Dan and Mike were flying the Pt's when somehow in one of the maneuvers something went wrong. It appeared like all was going to recover when it looked as though Mike's plane was starting to spiral. Dan's plane was quickly attracted to the ground by a gravity surge while Mike's seem to pancake flat on its gear from a pretty good altitude. Watching both of these two fly like this on a regular basis seems like this would be impossible. I was a distance away so I can't say for certain what exactly happened, but I watched Mike's plane all the way to the tarmac. Surprisingly though, I've seen worse crashes on grass. No engine damage to either but certainly some fixing is going to be needed in the wing and fuse. The fellows that fly in numbers of 3-5 tend to really get a knack for what to do when trouble sets in. I've witnessed so many close calls and many practice flights and constant communication seems to be the key. Dan typically states no hard feelings at the start of one of these usually followed by a handshake when done. He claims that anything could go wrong and when it does be aware of the outcome. I just know that he put a lot of work into getting the run perfected as well as Mike and its hard to come home with things in pieces. Although, Mike claimed it fit in the car better. Ken

Online kenneth cook

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 04:40:15 PM »
        Paul, I posted the above before watching the video. I thought that was a great job you did there. It was a great show indeed. I've witnessed Dan flying two Ringmasters at the same time. He was getting pretty good at it . Unfortunately, this practice was lending itself to crashes and therefore was sidelined. That was a terrific job once again. Ken & Shawn

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »
Hey Ken,
I got the video of all the Bi-Slobs in the air too... Bad thing is I do not get any audio. As I start the transfer the freeware I am using just burps like a old Fox engine and I have to start over. It's a pain but I think it will be worth it.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 05:35:03 PM »
I would love to see Mike & Dan do it in person.

I have flown double Slob with Dan and it was pure fun.

When I lived in St Louis I flew 2 airplanes at the same time. I thought the plane in my right hand was going to be the faster, but it turned out that the left hand had to do all the adjusting for speed, boy, was I busy,

Dan has more fun at this than anyone else I know.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:06:02 PM by Tom Niebuhr »
AMA 7544

Offline ptg

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:57:53 PM »
Dear Mike 'n Dan

Since you are now stars of Moving Pictures your audience can be very demanding!
As an Honorary Member and Finger to Button Associate of the Philly Flyers Jet Demonstration and High Decibel Irradiation Team, I feel an intervention is might help.

Just a minute while I change hats………ZZZZZZZZZZZZ………OK!

Now as the founder, President and Board Chairman of the JCT I suggest you immediately contact our Senior Executive Vice President/Director of Promotions, PR and Field Operations, Howard M. Rush.  You will find he knows a lot of tricks that ain’t in the book.  In fact you should ask him about the “Trick” he performed at Whittier Narrows on New Years Day, 1973.  He did it sans Clown Suit that day!

I'm sure with his assistance your viewer shares will go thru the roof!
PT Granderson

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »
Phil,

Gotta hear more!

"He did it sans Clown Suit that day!" I heard that he couldn't remove the clown nose.

These off beat demos are fun to do.

I have also done a takeoff on the Airshow Flying Farmer act with a BiSlob at a demo.  The farmer (selected from the spectators) is going to get instruction, but takes off without the instructor, while the instructor tries to run after the airplane. The person on the P.A. shouts: "Hey bring that plane back!"; "Land that plane!" ; "He's up!"; "He's down!"; "He's up"; He's down"; "Hey you can't do that with an airplane!"  The Farmer rapidly gives up and down, like he is thumbing his nose.. The announcer says: "Well the same to you fella!".etc. This is fun and very entertaining

Of course a demo should also demo some serious flying. Stunt; Racing; Carrier; Combat; Scale
In short, a well prepared Model Air Show
AMA 7544

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:43 AM »
Great video or should I say good video before you get big headed.  Someone needs to find lthe article that Lew Woolard and Mike Tallman did on formation flying.  I heard they even performed at Busch Stadium before one of the baseball games years ago.  If I remember right they flew on different length lines and only one did the talking.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Palko

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 11:34:38 AM »
Rootbeard,

Excellent video! The music fits perfectly! As Peabody and some others mentioned Dan and I put the PT's in over asphalt at the Palisades contest. The damage was surprisingly light and they will surely return! I hope this video inspires more people to attempt it themselves. I would still love to see an event, official or not, at Brodaks 2010!

PTG, I expect Howard to do a repeat presentation just to prove he is still JCT worthy. ;D

Thanks, Mike

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
I think the West Coast 60's guys will remember Tom and Scott Collier doing a nicely flown two ship demo many times with their full fuse Stardusters pulling streamers.
Nice job guys, looks good.
Chris...

Advertise Here

Advertise Here