News:

• April 25, 2024, 06:58:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Lectric Stunt! Full scale!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
'Lectric Stunt! Full scale!
« on: November 18, 2020, 03:18:24 PM »
It looks like they have a solution to my overheating problem -- I just need to figure out how to get a 2826 motor that's water cooled!

They're claiming 13kW per kg -- but I bet they aren't including the radiator in that.

https://www.h3x.tech/#motor
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 'Lectric Stunt! Full scale!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
It looks like they have a solution to my overheating problem -- I just need to figure out how to get a 2826 motor that's water cooled!

They're claiming 13kW per kg -- but I bet they aren't including the radiator in that.

https://www.h3x.tech/#motor

It seems rather difficult to get decent range in an electric airplane.  Also difficult to recharg4e if you don't fly close to home.
phil Cartier

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
A boat doesn't need a radiator or a planetary gear set. There are some electric boat final drives that use diesel generators for electrical supply. The motor drives give tremendous flexibility in driver placement. The diesel generators give very long range and simplicity. The diesel generator systems could be replaced with turbine driven generators. Looks like great electric motor technology!

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »
If it runs hot then go to the next bigger size motor.  That will solve all your problems.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here