News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: $ Value of this Enya engine?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
$ Value of this Enya engine?
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
I need an estimate as to the $ value of his engine. It is an Enya .45 RC model # 6001. The NV seems to be not stock. The engine has very high compression.  Marks on the prop drive area show some wear.  I have been having a hard time dealing with the death of a good friend's RC stuff for his widow.  So far this job has turned into a nightmare what with expected returns of $, and a near death experience with what has been happening in the RC hobby.  I never have been active in RC, but have had many friends that fly that part of our hobby.  Now I find that the hobby has changed so much that nitro stuff is depressed, much to the widow's thoughts. HELP!
Joe Just
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: $ Value of this Enya engine?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
These (converted to CL) are great engines but are usually under valued.  I’ve bought quite a few on the bay for between $20-$40- most brand new.  Once in a while you might see one collector-style with box and all papers for up to $75.00.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »
Joe     As you may have noticed in another thread  "RC has Changed" if you took it to a RC field you might not be able to give it away free.
 Times have changes and most RC people do not want and petro motors.
 Donate it to a RC or CL club and let them handle it. Tell the spouse the hard facts.
 I had a hard time giving many CL  items away at the Huntersville contest.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 02:28:05 PM »
eBay it.  Set a minion of $20  with free shipping to US and see what happens.  One never knows.  Locally is hard to sell.  It takes a little work but eBay is your best shot.  The reason for the $20 minion is to make sure that it does not go for a loss.  You might want to also set a buy-it-now at $40 to $50.  However at the first bid the but-it-now goes away.  Also eBay sometimes has free listing days.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:06:44 PM »
Sadly with Electric taking over, the price of Glow fuel vs. Gas/Oil in R/C, and the aging of our Hobbyists in both R/C and Control Line... Old glow engines are not worth what they were. Even the legacy engines and high end pattern engines can be bought for a song on Fleabay. Sad, I know.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 11:30:36 PM »
OT
I lost mucho Euros selling my huge engine collection at a swap meet  :-[,
allways remembering ...the very last shirt has no pockets  HB~>.

H^^
Peter
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:01 PM »
  ;D
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Offline Tim Stagg

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 02:43:44 PM »
Joe,

I have had to deal with this situation more than I care to say. I am an RC flyer as well as control line and have been flying RC for 40 years. The sad reality is you almost cant give used stuff away today. everyone is looking for a deal and as was stated above, most of the club members in my club are ARF people these days, and don't want anything to do with component stuff. Loved ones never understand that our hobby stuff is just not worth much.

Sorry

Tim
Tim Stagg

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 06:34:29 AM »
While I can't attest to the specific value of this engine,(about $40-$50) Balsa Kits of RC AND Control Line, are in HOT demand on Ebay. Were talking actual balsa kits and not ARF's. Engines in NIB or, very good condition are still VERY hotly contested there. For example, a Top Flite AT-6 Texan balsa kit,(one of which I own) recently went for just under $400!!
Some guy had 4 Moki 61 long strokes,(of which I own 2), all NIB, and all sold for well over $200 each. Nobody wants the ARF's, they all want the kits.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 06:40:55 AM »
The problem with this specific engine from an Ebay standpoint is, NO MUFFLER. Your forcing the buyer to have to purchase a muffler from "Enya Bob". It is not just the cost, it is also the inconvenience. Trying to get older mufflers is not always that easy.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 07:32:31 AM »
The problem with this specific engine from an Ebay standpoint is, NO MUFFLER. Your forcing the buyer to have to purchase a muffler from "Enya Bob". It is not just the cost, it is also the inconvenience. Trying to get older mufflers is not always that easy.
. OR you can get one of these from Jim Lee like I did this weekend.  $22.
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 05:24:56 PM »
. OR you can get one of these from Jim Lee like I did this weekend.  $22.

Yes, of course your right but, I was speaking more from an Ebay auction viewpoint. Ebay is more about "instant gratification". Having the item as complete as possible, is one of the key elements to success. In that regard, it is almost EXACTLY like a car auction. I would really clean up that Enya, get an appropriate RC muffler for it AND THEN, state how good a condition it is in, which it is,
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here