News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:32:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Order information  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Phillip Kenney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Order information
« on: September 29, 2021, 07:43:21 AM »
I placed order  #R401198039 on Sept 7 and have  not received either the order or any information about it. Tried calling but your mailbox is full and I cant leave a message. Tried emailing you but no response. Is there a chance I will see this order soon or should I file a complaint with my bank to recover the funds?

Offline don barret

• New Pilot
Re: Order information
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »
I have a similar experience with an order placed on September 4.  The last correspondence I had from Russel was on September 6.  Since then silence.  I tried emails, web contact thru the site and a phone call but have had no response.  Something has gone wrong at Okie Air it seems.  It would be a shame to lose another CL product supplier. :(

Update:  I received notice of shipping on this order on October 6 - just about a full month after it was placed.  The order arrived a few days later.  Without any explanation, or even an acknowledgement of the delay from Okie, it is hard to see ordering again at this time.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 11:22:33 AM by don barret »

Offline Jim Morris

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »
I too have placed an order at least 3 months ago. I called and left a message the other day. No response yet. One item was on back order so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but Im ready for the other stuff. My patience is no longer.

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »
I too have placed an order at least 3 months ago. I called and left a message the other day. No response yet. One item was on back order so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but Im ready for the other stuff. My patience is no longer.

I chatted with Russ the other day and he seems to be active. One thing to keep in mind is that often the cottage industry suppliers aren't full time business but rather people doing what they can after hours. Don't pounce on me, I'm not justifying any delays. I too have orders with Okie and have become accustomed to often times long wait times. I always order a long time in advance and preferably for backfilling my materials supply and not for a current project. I'm not sure how long I have been waiting on my current order. Fortunately I did get my timers I wanted a while back. 
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline don barret

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 04:01:22 PM »
Per the Okieair website:
'My goal with this site is to offer the modeling community great products and fantastic customer service.'  I appreciate how difficult it can be to run a full time business as a hobbyist but the expectation that the above quote leaves is that the customer will receive prompt service.  Orders pending for one month let alone three months without a peep from the owner seems a little inconsistent with the mission statement.  If there is a delivery issue it should be communicated to the customer don't you think?  I have projects pending and would order from Okie based on my first experience with the company but after the second order I am reluctant to do so.

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 10:59:56 AM »
I was getting ready to make an order until I saw this thread.  Did everyone get their delays and communication problems solved?
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »
I was getting ready to make an order until I saw this thread.  Did everyone get their delays and communication problems solved?
I just got off of the phone with Russell.  He has been tied up with processing Medicare supplements and is back on getting his orders out.  He said everybody should be getting theirs real soon, oldest first.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Robertc

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 09:37:38 AM »
Placed my order and charged Dec 1.  Still nothing.  Sent an Email to Russel middle of last month and he said he try and get out that day.  Still nothing.

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 02:19:59 PM »
I placed an order on 4/2/2022  have sent emails about the order with no reply. I'm not waiting months this is B.S. service. Looks like I'll have to contact the credit card company about getting my money back if this isn't resolved SOON !!!!!
Leester
ama 830538

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 07:51:27 PM »
I am worried about Russell.  I have an order in since the 5th.  No return calls, emails, he has become a ghost.  Does anybody know him locally who could find out if he is OK?

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 08:31:48 AM »
Cancelled my order today. Ordered March 31 and been promised twice it was coming. I feel chumped.
Calling my credit card company to cancel charges.
This is just too bad.
Shug
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:25:34 AM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 09:27:33 AM »
Sounds like we may have source our needs from someone else. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 05:34:01 AM »
I did get my charged money back from Okie Air. He even called me to explain.

Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 03:00:22 PM »
Hey Shug Is there any hope of getting our orders ??? What reason did he give ??
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2022, 07:36:07 AM »
I received  a call from Russel yesterday, said he'll try to get my order shipped today (knock on wood) .
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here