News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:46:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ted Fancher Imitation  (Read 6911 times)

Offline Gerald Schamp

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Ted Fancher Imitation
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:17:16 PM »
Question; Can the nose construction of the Imitation be changed to a regular Profile Side mounted engine and still be legal Nos - 30 plane. There was one at the NWR a few years back, that had been changed this way because the "Then Rule" did not allow the built up nose construction, but it is now okay. Not the same situation I know but have to ask the question anyhow.   

Offline Gerald Schamp

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: Ted Fancher Imitation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
Thanks for your input, our Northwest Rules allow a profile to have the engine mounted in any direction, as long as the remainder of the fuse is still a profile no wider than 3/4" at the wing trailing edge. Nose doublers and even some cowl facsimile is ok, as long as the engine is open lug to plug.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »
Dale Barry designed one based, as I understand it ,on the Imitation, that he calls the "Limitation". It has the usual profile engine mounting. Heck of a flyer.  Don't know if it has been published, but I have seen two, his and one other. H^^

Hey Ty;
    I think Dale may have published that airplane, sounds familiar to me, or I may have seen it at Paducah or something.
    One little reminder about the profile event. For the most part, what a club does for the event is up to them, but what we do here in St. Louis is what SIG started years ago with their P-40 stunt event, or Profile .40 event. The model must have a side mounted engine, as that is a challenge to set up and run properly for some people, and the availability of kits with this construction is almost limitless. And engine size is limited to a .40 displacement or smaller, again, as there is an almost limitless supply of power plants like that out there. And then throw in the 10 point no flap bonus to encourage pilots of lesser experience to fly Ringmasters, Coyotes and other flapless models. The event was intended as an entry level type event, and something else for guys to fly after driving a good distance for a contest. To verify that, just read the cover of a Primary Force ARF kit box. The P-Force was more or less aimed at that event. And as usual, some guys just can't leave well enough alone and started to push rules and boundaries, and clubs started to adjust the rules to allow Joe Bellcrank to fly his ST.60 powered Belchfire profile with a Rabe nose in it, and the origins of the event are being forgotten. There never was any mention of fuselage thickness, as most kits just use 1/2" balsa, and no Rabe style noses were allowed. They were just trying to keep it simple!
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »
for what its worth ,

and ,
Bob Ducam Twin Imitation
think you can find this on u tube .

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
Here is a Word Document of the Imitation article.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here