News:

• March 28, 2024, 10:17:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stiletto 35 Prototype  (Read 3789 times)

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
Stiletto 35 Prototype
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:46:19 AM »
Okay it's been a while since the Stiletto 35 prototype was framed up and a lot has happened causing the delay of the release of the Stiletto 35 kit.

After Kenny framed up the prototype for me he had to work days and nights to get other models ready for the Nat's and for the Lew McFarland event they wanted to do at the Nat's. At the same time he must have had his eyes and heart focused on going to the Worlds so for a while the finishing stage took a back seat which was okay because as most of you knew I had also gotten sick.

As a result I am fighting severe pain daily which has caused me to be on a production slow down which has caused the Stiletto 35 kit to be released in January this year.

Well... enough of that for now.. didn't want to sing a sad song so let me do what was intended.

Here is the finished Stiletto 35 prototype; but first I would like to give credit where credit it due because without the following men this kit would not be what it is.

First obviously goes to Les for allowing me to kit the .35 size and for letting me know me know about Kenny.

I don't want to forget Ty Marcucci for letting me know there were a few attempts by others to make the a kit and or plans of the Stiletto 35 but these must not have been authorized because they all were different and did not measure the same as the original model. Ty your information was spot on as usual.  

Next goes to Kenny Stevens for spending several hours on the phone going over Les McDonald's original Stiletto 35 which as I mentioned above; I had come to find out from Les he had it and most of all for building the prototype and posting the building photos and his comments as he did the build. Kenny the building looked great and the finish looks awesome.

Last but definitely not the least; Bob Kruger. Without going into the painful details the term put in his "Blood sweat and tears" is truly an understatement for the work Bob put into these plans. In addition to the work Bob put into these plans as well as a bunch of others he has done for me Bob has helped me learn AutoCad which has been a big plus for me and the kits I make.

Wrapping this up I want to say that this kit would not be as accurate as it is if it were not for my three friends listed above.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I tip my hat to all of you.  H^^

If you wish to refresh your memories of the build, see the build post
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=25183.0

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Re: Stiletto 35 Prototype
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »
Wow, that thing just looks right!
I certainly hope Kenny can find the time to take it out and do some flight trimming so the mission can be truly completed.
Thank you Walter, Kenny and Bob for a job very well done.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here