Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

Phantom F4E/F ish .

(1/3) > >>

Air Ministry .:
Finally found the Pictures , rolled in the Plans in the bag . After going through all the shelves & plans . Wernt There  >:( :'( ,  LL~ .

This is on the Pine Hill resivoir on the North Shore ( N.Z. ) at Auckland , the one with the ' scale building ' looking over to where they put the abominable tower . GEES the Harbour used to be clean enough to swim in . Anyway , you get panoramic views from up there across the
Hauraki Gulf , Rangitoto Island etc etc . You just have to make sure you dont let go of the handle ( :-[) or hit the deck , bing concrette .

This is 1975 or 6 ( I will check ) . The planes a Seromodellor ' Mustunt ' scribled on , all the bulkheads ( formers ) in the same posn.
and straight wingtips set at 45 Deg. with flat leadouts and adjustable guide . OS 30 with 10 x 6 prop .
Balanced ' as per plan ' before muffler fitted , another 2 oz with that & 3/4 Oz. Tail Wt. to recorrect. Was 43 o total . Skimpy finish though .

Never got the Lufftwaffe insignia, was a choice between that & Israeli . Layout from the Cover of F.M. with Dave Rees cockpit artical in it ,
a wireless glass thing , and a mag I had had R.A.F. phantoms , so looked more like them , with their reworked Cowls for the Rolls Royce injuns .

Air Ministry .:
Same picture but bigger background , is a photocopy of a old photo & is ALL that is Available of the Original , Nother two so pitchers of them later .

Downunder picture , should be o.k. up there .  :##

Air Ministry .:
This one might be a little clearer !

That's the Third One I Built , around 2003/4 , pictured at Rotorua , by the Lake. ( Lake not included  ;D)

OS max .35S in that, The second had ' various engines, firstly a 21/35 unmuffled. V good .21/46 , 40 & C 35 tried briefly.
After the nose fell Off , the new nose was for the Magnum Pro 25 ( OS 25 FSR clone ) after the flexi 10 x 6 Tornado was trimmed in a touch'n'go
up the resivoir there when it was blowing about 20 , to 9 1/2 it worked good . loose Taipan nva in Fox intake gave it a nice burble , tho a finger
on the needle would alter the running , so ' let go ' it would be back to the 4-2 trip .
The second nearly wore out , over 10 Gals. through it, flying rain or shine every second day on average around 2002 .
Up in 20 , 25 & 30 knot winds as the Americas Cup took all the limelight!.  :## usually on 55 Ft. of .018 seven strand .
Modded the tips eventually which got rid off ' the wag ' . The original the flaps were full span , & it flew slow so the tips'd
rock doing right angle squares .
Mike Walters stalled that going downhill in the wingover . Hand over taking him through the schedule he snapped full up , saw he had enough room for full down . went that way - he wondered if he should've , an as it had just about stopped by the doing the 180 , the Nose Dropped while He
stood there wondering , accelerated fine in the 20 Ft. straight down . And drove the nose up through the center section .
The olde Kiln Dried Balsa was light stiff & straight , in those days . I assumed He'd repair it when I gave it to him . Not so I learnt  this century . :(
Last I flew till the change of the melenium . Mustve been all the astronomical Alignment !  :-\

Steve_Pollock:
Looks like Erik Bjornwall's Mustunt from AM

Air Ministry .:

--- Quote from: Dennis Toth on January 06, 2016, 06:28:23 PM ---Matt,
Do a search for the F4 that Billy Suarez did. This ship done up as either a Navy Blue Angel or Air Force Thunderbird is a show stopper.

Best,     DennisT

--- End quote ---

Yea , ive seen that , bit slim for my likes . The  Toothed LE is intresting . I like the Crusader / Fuse mounted undercarrage saves the wing .
Or at least saves weight , if youre putting it into other than bowling greens in good sailing weather .
Back when I did the first ( 75 ) the Novi II , USA1 , Shark 45 ( hadnt seen the plan ) were inspirational .

Have drawn up a larger ( 60 in. ) version , or development , back 2001 I mght get around to , for a .46 . But What colour do I paint it .  :o
Father would have a fit about the Nazi ones , just was easiest to do crosses / straight lines . He had to do the ink bow compass bit , on the first
R A F ones .
Found Ive two pictures of the Isrealie Sharks Mouth one , Theres a grey With Blue canopy RF in their musem - but no sharks mouth . HB~>

The wide trike gear you put one wheel on the ground and it pulls onto the deck , flat . In Good Sailing Weather . LL~
How to put an independent spar through to take the landing loads , without taking the wing off ( CRUNCH ) is the problem .
A F 104s got the same Fuse Gear , so you can ' fly it into the deck ' like a Carrier Arrival , without it turning to custard .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version