News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nostalgia pattern  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Nostalgia pattern
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:18:06 PM »
Okay, my search abilities must be totally horrendous.  I'm thinking of flying in the N30 category and trying to find the pattern to be flown.  I can't seem to find the exact pattern sequence the N30 category flies.  Can anyone point me to the pattern flown for N30?

Mark

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Nostalgia pattern
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »
Thanks!  I'll start my learnin'  Maybe I'll be halfway decent in a year or two...

Mark

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »
Thanks!  I'll start my learnin'  Maybe I'll be halfway decent in a year or two...

Mark
Hey Mark, I've been at it for two and a half years and I'm about half way to decent, so there's hope Lol. I spent most of that time fighting with my unruly equipment.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »
Hey Mark, I've been at it for two and a half years and I'm about half way to decent, so there's hope Lol. I spent most of that time fighting with my unruly equipment.
Rusty
Rusty that is what trips up many progressing pilots.  Less than great choices of equipment and the lack of knowledge to get what you have trimmed and working well slows the progress a bunch.  Getting good local help and maybe buying a couple 'experienced' airplanes from knowledgable fliers to learn on can help really get you down the road.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »
what Dave said,, there is no substitute for a good flying plane when it comes to learning , a less than good airplane will only make learning harder
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 07:16:01 PM »
I wiill stick my neck out and say , grab one of those nasty FAI Combat Wings , put the motor ( a good .15 on up , a OS FSR 25 wouldnt need Fwding )
and throw 55 ft lines , or 60s with the 25 on , and youve got a groovey , accurate flying F2B pattern Ship  for 50 bucks ,
thatll stand going in vertical on anything but baked clay or ashphalt .

The Bonus is , if you take it out in the wind , or ' scratch the paint ' it DOESNT MATTER ' . So you get good value practise , when you need it .

You dont use it ALL THE TIME , but for trying Anything New , or if the conditions are Alarming , you can chill out without stressing , and FLY .

If you wrapped a L.G. wire end to go about a engine bolt or two , you could r.o.g. .
Ive used a wobbly dolly from coathangers , like a speed dolly , with my stick in the ground handle , to fly Combat wings alone .
A lot just use a chilly bin with a THING on top , somehow , and step back , to pull it clear , for take off, and its OFF .

The ideas NOT to Risk or Destroy your works of art or labours of love in seeing wot way up the ground is . The FAI F2D are built from trash

in the first place , so its hardly heartbreaking if one IS trashed . You Fly it at the normal 5.0 a lap , + or - 0.5  calm or windy . So There .  H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here