Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

NOSTALGIA 30 preliminary eligibility list. (Revised 2-2-10)

<< < (2/2)

WhittleN:
Ty
Referring to your listing MAN, Jan 79, the unnamed stunter is my Eagle 5.  It place 4th at the 78 NATS because I don't like doing hourglass maneuvers.  Alan Brickhouse has plans and I recently found my original ’77 velum drawings.  Have been carrying them all over the world.  I should have never wandered away from that design.  Bob Hunt cut the wing and stab and it was powered by a HP 40.

Regards
Norm Whittle

Randy Powell:
Just to add another plane to the list. I talked with Don Schultz and his Seahawker is eligible. Designed in 1977.

Aaron Little:

Found these messing around, they look kinda neat.
Lucky 14
Stilomag

Aaron Little:

Two More:
Spectre (this says 1982 but I think he flew/built it in 1981)
Tindal Chipmonk

Ted Fancher:

--- Quote from: WhittleN on August 24, 2009, 12:21:59 PM ---Ty
Referring to your listing MAN, Jan 79, the unnamed stunter is my Eagle 5.  It place 4th at the 78 NATS because I don't like doing hourglass maneuvers.  Alan Brickhouse has plans and I recently found my original ’77 velum drawings.  Have been carrying them all over the world.  I should have never wandered away from that design.  Bob Hunt cut the wing and stab and it was powered by a HP 40.

Regards
Norm Whittle

--- End quote ---

Worth noting that Norm flew that Hourglassless" pattern in either the first or second round of the top twenty flyoff ('79 was the third year for the multi round concept).  In his other flight he scored 560 something the single  highest flight of the flyoff!  In those days a 560 was a very "big" deal.  He could'a been a champ! 

I watched that flight and was very, very impressed!

Ted Fancher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version