Nostalgia 30 > Nostalgia 30

N-30 Vector

(1/3) > >>

Don Jenkins:
I just finished a full size N-30 Vector, which is my first electric plane.  The only thing left is to program the electronics, but I'm still waiting on the arrival of a battery charger.  This is also the first plane I have completed in over two years.  I had a few other things to resolve in my life, but now I'm back to building!  Can't wait to fly this one!

Don

George Grossardt:

--- Quote from: Don Jenkins on June 14, 2020, 05:07:02 AM ---I just finished a full size N-30 Vector, which is my first electric plane.  The only thing left is to program the electronics, but I'm still waiting on the arrival of a battery charger.  This is also the first plane I have completed in over two years.  I had a few other things to resolve in my life, but now I'm back to building!  Can't wait to fly this one!

Don

--- End quote ---

Love the color combo Don.  Good luck with it. 

Alan Buck:
I think the 630sqin  vector may be legal
 check with Randy  to be sure

Don Jenkins:
Thanks for the kind words.  I now have a battery charger, should be able to get in a maiden flight soon, depending on the crazy weather!

Don

Don Jenkins:

--- Quote from: Steve Fitton on June 18, 2020, 02:43:35 PM ---Dope finish?

--- End quote ---

Yes all dope finished.  It looks OK from 10 feet away, but it didn't come out as nice as I would have liked.  I unfortunately used the new DC 540 formula primer and it didn't work well at all.  When I shot the Brodak Crystal clear the paint pulled up from all the fillets and the grey primer bled through in several spots.  Once that happened I decided it wasn't worth polishing.  I just hope it flies well and the paint doesn't blow off in flight!

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version