News:

• March 28, 2024, 01:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Charisma  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Bill Barber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Charisma
« on: September 13, 2021, 11:02:09 AM »
    Does anyone know when the Dixon Charisma becomes eligible for Nostalgia 30?
 I have a Charisma kit that I will be starting on soon.
                            Bill
AMA 325076

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Charisma
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:58:41 PM »
   Give a call to Tom Dixon, it is his design, if we are talking about the same airplane. I have a model called Charmer by Walt Brownell that was built from Charisma  plans and that he said he made some changes to, but I don't know what those were. Hard to believe but that may be approaching 30 years ago.

Some where along the line we need to call an end for the Nostalgia 30 class. We are getting to an era where almost any model design can be competitive today. There is almost no point to it.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 02:15:24 PM »
   Give a call to Tom Dixon, it is his design, if we are talking about the same airplane. I have a model called Charmer by Walt Brownell that was built from Charisma  plans and that he said he made some changes to, but I don't know what those were. Hard to believe but that may be approaching 30 years ago.

Some where along the line we need to call an end for the Nostalgia 30 class. We are getting to an era where almost any model design can be competitive today. There is almost no point to it.

Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
I sort of agree but the 1969 cutoff for classic is just as bad.  How about one class, call it classic and it be a rolling 50.

Or not - Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:35:43 PM »
   Classic originally was for designs 25 years old and older when the first VSC was held. The cutoff of December 31,1969 came later and I am pretty good with that. I don't remember what triggered the Nos-30 movement and then some clubs have a "Super 70's" class. It's more classes to fly but can push the limits of what some clubs can handle to put on a contest.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 05:32:42 PM »
Boy this thread is old.  I'd never seen it so......   You know YOU are a classic when you flew classic when it was new stuff.....
I was in the presence of a conversation on this topic at a contest a few years ago.  Several of the pilots who had not been in the sport more than a few years made the remark that made sense to me-to them,  Nostalgia 30 airplanes are sort of 'old time' to them.  So for them not to be able to build and fly those very many designs from 'their' past seems not quite right........end of discussion.  All a matter of perspective.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here